All increasing or dominant species (and it is from these that new species arise) vary considerably in all their parts organs and faculties in every generation. ~ Alfred Russel Wallace 1823 to 1913 - Zoologist Evolutionary Biologist
This is an era of specialists each of whom sees his own problem and is unaware of or intolerant of the larger frame into which it fits. ~ Rachel Carson 1907 to 1964 - Marine Biologist
Friedrich Clemens Gerke (1801–1888) Germany – current international Morse code.
Myra Juliet Farrell (1878–1957) Australia – stitchless button Press stud.
Georgios Papanikolaou (1883–1962) Greece / USA – Papanicolaou stain Pap test = Pap smear.
Walter Frederick Morrison (1920–2010) USA – Flying disc.
Muhammad ibn Zakarīya Rāzi (Rhazes) (865–965) Persia/Iran – distillation and extraction methods sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid soap kerosene kerosene lamp chemotherapy sodium hydroxide.
Mardi bin Ali al-Tarsusi (c. 1187) Middle East – counterweight trebuchet mangonel.
Hasan al-Rammah (fl.1270s) Syria – rocket-propelled torpedo.
John Thompson Dorrance (1873–1930) USA – Condensed soup.
Tom Knight (? - ) USA - BioBricks (synthetic biology).
Hal Anger (1920–2005) USA – a.o. Well counter (radioactivity measurements) gamma camera.
Gerd Binnig (born 1947) together with Heinrich Rohrer (1933–2013) Germany/Switzerland – Scanning tunneling microscope.
Norm Larsen (1923–1970) USA – a.o. WD-40.
Eugen Baumann (1846–1896) Germany – PVC.
Michael Smith (1932–2000) USA – Site-directed mutagenesis (molecular biology).
John Landis Mason (1826–1902) USA – Mason jars.
Henry John Horstman Fenton (1854–1929) UK – Fenton's reagent (chemistry).
Hippolyte Mège-Mouriès (1817–1880) France – margarine.
Alexander Morozov (1904–1979) Russia – T-54/55 (the most produced tank in history) co-developer of T-34.
Tim Berners-Lee (born 1955) UK – with Robert Cailliau the World Wide Web.
Rudolf Diesel (1858–1913) Germany – Diesel engine.
It is thus probable that germs of the lowest organisms known to us are continually being carried away from the earth and the other planets upon which they exist. As seeds in general so most of these spores thus carried away will no doubt meet death in the cold infinite space of the universe. Yet a small number of spores will fall on some other world and may there be able to spread life if conditions be suitable. ~ Svante Arrhenius 1859 to 1927 - Physical Chemist
An experiment is a question which science poses to Nature and a measurement is the recording of Nature’s answer. - Max Planck 1858 to 1947 Theoretical Physicist
We think there is color we think there is sweet we think there is bitter but in reality there are atoms and a void. ~ Democritus c. 460 – c. 370 BC
Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. - Joseph Mellor 1869 to 1938 Chemist
Things are as they are because they were as they were. - Thomas Gold 1920 to present Astrophysicist
The ultimate truths of mathematics then cannot be established by any experimental proof that the deductions from them are true; since the supposed experimental proof takes them for granted. ~ Herbert Spencer 1885 – 1977 - Philospher
A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. ~ Justus von Liebig - 1803 to 1873
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.