The “dot” over the letter “i” is called a tittle.
Portions of Anne Frank's diary were removed because she described her intimate parts.
Nearly 13 000 Native Americans fought during World War I despite not having a U.S. citizenship.
Canada's lowest recorded temperature was -81.4 degrees Fahrenheit (-63 C) in 1947.
One-third of first heart attacks are fatal and another third result in permanent damage to the heart.
Schwarzenegger was paid approximately US$21 429 for every word he said in Terminator 2.
90% of everything written in English uses just 1 000 words.
1 billion people still defecate in the open in the absence of a toilet.
Hedenophobic means fear of pleasure.
When Menelik II emperor of Ethiopia felt unwell he would eat a few pages of the Bible.
The Catholic Church considers the Theory of Evolution to be "virtually certain" and believes that intelligent design "isn't science even though it pretends to be."
In 2008 wine started flowing through taps in dozens of homes during a grape festival in Italy due to a technical error.
James Doohan who played Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott on Star Trek was missing the entire middle finger of his right hand.
The average life of a taste bud is 10 days.
8 of the 12 host cities for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil are among the 50 most violent cities in the world.
The Four Corners Monument is the only point in the U.S. shared by four states.
Fat Man was the codename for the atomic bomb that was detonated over Nagasaki.
There are almost 60 million dogs in the United States.
Astronauts aboard the ISS change clothes near a filter that sucks up the skin particles that would otherwise float around.
The boiling point of water at the top of Mt. Everest is 71 °C (160 °F).
Newborn babies can only see in black and white for a few months.
The male gypsy moth can “smell” the virgin female gypsy moth from 1.8 miles away (pretty good trick).
In the U.S. it costs US$245 000 to raise a child before college.
The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
Diabetic people have sweet urine.
The Bible is available in 2 454 languages.
90% of US$ bills carry traces of cocaine.
A complete revolution around the Sun takes about 365 days and 6 hours. That's why our Gregorian calendar has a leap day.
There's a cruise ship that runs between Stockholm Sweden and Helsinki Finland just to purchase cheap alcohol.
A necropsy is an autopsy on animals.
In Ancient Egypt killing a cat even accidentally incurred the death penalty.
Malaria is thought to be responsible for the death of about half of all people who ever lived.
Mexico is the world's fattest country.
Sleeping less than 7 hours each night reduces your life expectancy.
It is believed that sharks first appeared 420 million years ago.
A rodent’s teeth never stop growing.
Robert Oppenheimer "the father of the atomic bomb " tried to kill his university tutor with a poisoned apple.
Before alarm clocks were invented there were "knocker-ups" who went tapping on client's windows with long sticks until they were awake.
The first mobile phone call was made in 1973 by Martin Cooper a former Motorola inventor.
Barn owls hunt mostly small mammals such as the short-tailed vole.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)