Experimental science hardly ever affords us more than approximations to the truth; and whenever many agents are concerned we are in great danger of being mistaken. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
The literary convention that numbers less than 10 should be given in words is often highly unsuitable in mathematics… The excessive use of the word forms is regrettably spreading at the present time. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
Félix d'Herelle (1873–1949) together with Giorgi Eliava (1892–1937) France / Georgia – Phage therapy.
Christopher Polhem (1661–1751) Sweden – the modern padlock.
Jonas Wenström (1855–1893) Sweden – three-phase electrical power.
Johann Maria Farina (1685–1766) Germany; Eau de Cologne.
Ruth R. Benerito (1916–2013) USA – a.o. Permanent press (no-iron clothing).
Sergei Ivanovich Mosin (1849–1902) Russia – Mosin–Nagant rifle.
Alfred Perot (1863–1925) together with Charles Fabry (1867–1945) France – Fabry–Pérot interferometer (physics).
Adolf Gaston Eugen Fick (1829–1901) Germany – contact lens.
Hedy Lamarr (1913–2000) Austria and USA – Spread spectrum radio.
Valdemar Poulsen (1869–1942) Denmark – magnetic wire recorder arc converter.
Ridgway Banks inventor of the Banks Engine a Nitinol based solid state heat engine.
Peter I the Great (Pyotr Alexeyevich Romanov) Tsar and Emperor of Russia (1672–1725) Russia – decimal currency yacht club sounding line with separating plummet (sounding weight probe).
Thomas Savery (1650–1715) UK – steam engine.
Alexander Chizhevsky (1897–1964) Russia – air ionizer.
Nick Sheridon (1928–1962) USA – Electronic paper.
Charlie Booth (1903–2008) Australia – Starting blocks.
Paul Berg (born 1926) USA – created the first Recombinant DNA molecules.
Dimitar Paskov (1914–1986) Bulgaria – Galantamine.
Sam Golden (1915–1997) together with Leonard Bocour (1910–1993) USA – Acrylic paint.
Mikhail Koshkin (1898–1940) Russia – T-34 medium tank the best and most produced tank of World War II.
All of physics is either impossible or trivial. It is impossible until you understand it and then it becomes trivial. ~ Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937
Science is vastly more stimulating to the imagination than the classics. - J. B. S. Haldane 1892 to 1964 Biologist
Actually everything that can be known has a number; for it is impossible to grasp anything with the mind or to recognize it without this. ~ Philolaus c. 470 – c. 385 BC - Scientist and Philosopher
We must reason in natural philosophy not from what we hope or even expect but from what we perceive. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
I have eaten 2/3 of 1/3 of my food ration. 7 remains. How much food did I start with? ~ Cuneiform Babylonian mathematics exercise 1900 – 1600 BC
A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. ~ Justus von Liebig - 1803 to 1873
We are storytelling animals and cannot bear to acknowledge the ordinariness of our daily lives. - Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 Paleontologist
- The Circel Of Life, Circel Pendant Message " ancient meaning...circle of life dream meaning...success beyond your wildest dreams 21st century meaning...what goes around comes around whatever it means to you... believe, trust, and enjoy!! " Card Necklace.
- Perfect Gift For Yourself or Your loved ones. Symbol of good health and good luck.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated
- FE Message "ponte tu collar y pide deseo. si crees en ti mismo y en tu potencial, todo puede ser posible! usa tu collar para que siempre recuerdes que hay que tener fe." Card Cross Pendant Necklace.
- Environment Friendly Gold Plated, Carefully Handmade By Skilled Workman.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated, Spring Ring Clasp.
- Chain Length: 45 cm + 10 cm.
- Key To Success Message "make a wish and put on your necklace. it's no secret¡the key to success is doing what you love! wear your necklace as a reminder that you can do anything you set your mind and your heart to!" Necklace for Women.
- Gold Plated Alloy, Spring-Ring Clasp.
- 16" Necklace to Be Worn Alone or Layered.
- Perfect Gift for Yourself or Your Loved Ones.
- Each Necklace Comes in An Original Package.