“Visualize what you want out of life and think big. Don’t feel undeserving. We’re all deserving of living our dreams—some of us realize it and some don’t. You’re not doing anyone any favours by living small. Embrace these truths and step up. The world is waiting.” ― Jillian Michaels
“Pick someone in your life you admire. Your grandfather, an old college professor, a friend—it doesn’t matter who, as long as you have total respect for them and you admire their life or accomplishments. Then when you’re about to take a leap, visualize this person at your side, rooting for you, telling you how much they believe in you. Try it when you ask for a raise, or ask someone on a date, or go for a bank loan to start your small business, or do anything scary that takes you outside your comfort zone. We all need a little encouragement and support sometimes.” ― Jillian Michaels, Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life
Before you continue, Train Your Brain & Solve This…
Watch Video: January Favorites 2015!!
“Whenever you’re making an important decision, first ask if it gets you closer to your goals or farther away. If the answer is closer, pull the trigger. If it’s farther away, make a different choice.” ― Jillian Michaels
“At some point you have to stop acting as though life is happening to you and acknowledge the ways you are happening to it. Once you take responsibility for your side of the street, you grant yourself the power to improve every aspect of your life by simply acting and behaving differently.” ― Jillian Michaels, Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life
“Ask yourself this: How much deprivation, how much self-effacement must you suffer through before you act on your desire for meaning and fulfillment? Before it’s your turn to thrive in your life, instead of barely surviving it? Some people live their dreams. Why not you?” ― Jillian Michaels
“You may be thinking, But life really has dealt me a bad hand. It’s really not my fault that my life sucks. Just hold on a second. I’m not saying taking responsibility means controlling all the things life throws at you—none of us can do that. And there are times when we are victimized. Allowing yourself to accept that reality frees you to release any guilt or shame you might be carrying for tragedies and hardships that befell you in the past.” ― Jillian Michaels, Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life
Watch sports: When you watch people playing sports, whether you are going to do it by visiting stadiums or simply watching them on television, you would see how fit the athletes are. Because of that, you would be inspired more in hitting your fitness goals. Aside from that, you might even be motivated in getting involved with certain types of sports.
Eat only if you are really hungry: There are times when a person eats when he is not hungry. There are many possible reasons behind this, which can include stress, emotions, habit, and such. Thus, you should become more aware whether your urge to eat is dictated by your stomach or something else. If you are unsure, drink a glass of water instead, or if you really have to, then you should get a healthy snack.
Make a plan for your vacation: If you are going on a vacation with your family, there is going to be a tendency that it can make you break your usual workout routine. Thus, it is best if you plan your vacation well. For example, book a hotel that has a workout gym inside it, or at least located near it, so that you can still have a chance to get some exercise.
Chew your food thoroughly: When you chew your food thoroughly, you would not just enjoy your food better, but it can also help you lose weight. This is because doing that would prolong your time of eating, which would provide your body a chance to distinguish being full. In short, when you eat slower, you would be consuming lesser amounts of foods, than eating faster.
Limit your coffee intake: Limiting your coffee intake can help you lose weight, especially if you usually use cream and sugar with it. However, this does not mean that coffee itself, can actually cause you to gain weight. Drinking coffee can actually boost your energy, which is good to use just before going to the gym. Aside from that, recent studies indicate that it does not dehydrate you as what others would say.
Do skin brushing: the skin is the biggest organ of the body. Therefore, it is most capable of getting harmful toxins, allowing the toxins to enter your system. By using the detox method of skin brushing, your skin becomes stimulated eliminating the toxic waste products in your body and makes your kidney healthier.
Be a vegetarian: although difficult for many people who have become used to eating meat, those vegans out there are actually enjoying the benefits brought about by not eating red meat, chicken or any other animal food. Vegetables and fruits have always been associated with good nutrients necessary in cleansing the system. You can even help the environment in the process.
- Best Selling Professional Exercise Yoga and Health Ball on the Market: Platinum Health & Fitness UMD the Leader in Fitness and Health Equipment for Professionals and GYMS and Trainers
- 2000LB Anti-Burst Tested Professional grade PVC material, extensive testing, and a unique anti-burst design provides for the highest quality exercise balls available on the market. Every exercise ball can withstand up to a 2cm cut with out explosively deflating
- PERFECT SIZE FOR EVERYONE! Platinum Exercise Stability Balls come in 5 different sizes to meet the needs of almost anyone in the world! Size recommendations are as follows - 45 cm (5'.and under), 55 cm (5' - 5'6"), 65 cm (5'7" - 6'), 75 cm (6' - 6'5"), and 85 cm (6'5" and over)
- STRONGER CORE IN NO TIME! Our Stability Ball will enables you to increase the difficulty of each and every exercise you do! Squats, lunges, pushups, planks, stretching, to Tone, sculpt and chisel your shoulders, arms, thighs hips, gluts, abs, and other muscles, become more challenging with the Exercise Ball - THE RESULTS ARE WORTH IT!
- Every Live Infinitely balance ball comes with an included hand pump, extra air plug, and valve remover tool SLIP RESISTANT AND STURDY YOGA BALL - Made from high quality slip resistant meterial. Feels great on skin. Excersize Ball
- This ball is a peanut-shaped fitness ball that offers a more stable base for balance and strengthening or it can be used vigorously to challenge postural reflexes and work the abdominal muscles. Size 40 X 80
- Provide lateral stability and is more stable than traditional round balls
- Used by physical therapists worldwide, the ball offers stability and treatment options for more physically challenged patients
- Ideal for yoga, Pilates, stretching and toning workouts
- High density, extra thick durable NBR foam
- Non-skid ridges grips the floor for ultimate stability
- Features an integrated carry strap
- 71 in x 24 in x 12 mm
- Color: Black and comes with black balance ball and pump
- Enhances physical rehabilitation, prevents spine disorders
- Rolling base features 4 rolling wheels, 2 of which are lockable
- Use to stretch, correct posture, reduce stiffness and improve circulation
- Can be used in home or at the office to ease body into an ergonomic position
Nothing is fair. The most one can hope is for things to be logical. Justice is a rare illness in a world that is otherwise a picture of health. — Carlos Ruiz Zafón (The Angel's Game (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #2))
what is joy without sorrow? what is success without failure? what is a win without a loss? what is health without illness? you have to experience each if you are to appreciate the other. there is always going to be suffering. it’s how you look at your suffering, how you deal with it, that will define you. — Mark Twain
Attitude Is EverythingWe live in a culture that is blind to betrayal and intolerant of emotional pain. In New Age crowds here on the West Coast, where your attitude is considered the sole determinant of the impact an event has on you, it gets even worse.In these New Thought circles, no matter what happens to you, it is assumed that you have created your own reality. Not only have you chosen the event, no matter how horrible, for your personal growth. You also chose how you interpret what happened—as if there are no interpersonal facts, only interpretations.The upshot of this perspective is that your suffering would vanish if only you adopted a more evolved perspective and stopped feeling aggrieved. I was often kindly reminded (and believed it myself), “there are no victims.” How can you be a victim when you are responsible for your circumstances?When you most need validation and support to get through the worst pain of your life, to be confronted with the well-meaning, but quasi-religious fervor of these insidious half-truths can be deeply demoralizing. This kind of advice feeds guilt and shame, inhibits grieving, encourages grandiosity and can drive you to be alone to shield your vulnerability. — Sandra Lee Dennis
Oh no, I never do much ironing, except the outside clothes. We must not iron out the fresh air and sunshine, you know. It is much more healthful not to, the doctors say.” Seriously, there is something very refreshing about sheets and pillow slips just fresh from the line, after being washed and dried in the sun and air. Just try them that way and see if your sleep is not sweeter. — Laura Ingalls Wilder
True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost. — Charles Caleb Colton