Benjamin Franklin was the fifth in a series of the youngest son of the youngest son.
In his lifetime a man spends almost six months shaving.
During London's "Great Smog" of 1952 between 4 000 and 12 000 people died in a few days due to air pollution.
There is a limit of 12 minutes of commercials per hour of television in the UK.
Margaret Thatcher was reportedly more proud of becoming the first Prime Minister with a science degree than the first female Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
Over 250 million Nokia 1100 devices were sold making it the bestselling electrical gadget in history.
The movie "Titanic" won 11 Oscars but none for acting.
Elephants can hear one another's trumpeting calls up to 5 miles (8 kilometers) away.
The Atlantic Ocean is big enough to let every person in the US have their own cubic kilometer in it.
Abraham Lincoln kept his important documents inside his hat.
In space astronauts are unable to cry because there is no gravity and the tears won’t flow.
A day on Venus is longer than its year.
In 1977 we received a signal from deep space that lasted 72 seconds. We still don't know how or where it came from.
70% of all the world's spices come from India.
At birth, a panda is smaller than a mouse and weighs about four ounces.
Norway is ranked as the country least likely to be affected by climate change. Chad is the most vulnerable.
There's a Barbie-like Islamic doll called "Fulla".
In 1949 the U.S. Military created a synthetic version of Marijuana called "Dimethylheptylpyran." Just 1 mg can have effects lasting for 3 days.
21%of all New York City elementary students from all income levels are obese.
An 11-Year-Old Girl Convinced Abraham Lincoln to Grow His Beard.
All champagne is produced in the Champagne region in France. Otherwise it is called sparkling wine.
Napoleon’s penis was sold to an American Urologist for $40 000.
8 billion chickens are consumed in the U.S. each year.
The time traveling machine in the movie "Back to the Future" was originally supposed to be a refrigerator.
Leonardo Da Vinci's last words were: "I have offended God and mankind. My work did not reach the quality it should have."
Like fingerprints everyone’s tongue print is different.
JFK bought 1 200 cuban cigars just hours before signing the embargo against Cuba.
The testicles on an octopus are located in its head!
Brazil has the 2nd highest number of airports in the world after the U.S.
Disneyland opened in 1955.
Whatsapp is cited in nearly half of all Italian divorce proceedings.
70%of the oxygen we breathe are produced by the oceans.
The honey bee has been around for 30 million years.
A cat inherited a fortune of US$13 million from its owner in Italy.
42%of people in the U.S. have tried marijuana at least once.
John Lennon admitted he used to be cruel to his woman and hit her as a youngster.
World speed reading champion Anne Jones read all 607 pages of the last Harry Potter book in just 47 minutes.
There are 28 million cancer survivors worldwide.
More than 100 000 babies are born addicted to cocaine each year in the U.S. due to their mothers' use of the drug during pregnancy.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)