Physicists being in no way different from the rest of the population have short memories for what is inconvenient. ~ Anthony Standen 1907 – 1993
Outstanding examples of genius – a Mozart a Shakespeare or a Carl Friedrich Gauss – are markers on the path along which our species appears destined to tread. - Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001 Astrophysicist
Alexey Dushkin (1904–1977) Russia – deep column station.
Ivan Polzunov (1728–1766) Russia – first two-cylinder steam engine.
James Leonard Plimpton (1828–1911) USA – roller skates.
Antonio Meucci (1808–1889) Italy/USA– a.o. various early telephones a hygrometer a milk test.
Giovanni Luppis or Ivan Vukić (1813–1875) Austrian Empire (ethnical Croatian from Rijeka) – self-propelled torpedo.
Remi Swierczek (born 1958) Poland – Inventor of Music Identification System and the Mico Changer (coin hopper and dispenser used in casinos).
John Roebuck (1718–1794) UK – lead chamber process for sulfuric acid synthesis.
Lisitsyn brothers Ivan Fyodorovich and Nazar Fyodorovich Russia – samovar (the first documented makers).
Charles Hall (1863–1914) USA – aluminum production.
Ridgway Banks inventor of the Banks Engine a Nitinol based solid state heat engine.
Gerolamo Cardano (1501–1576) Italy – a.o. Cardan grille (cryptography).
Alexander Fleming (1881–1955) Scotland – penicillin.
Mikhail Koshkin (1898–1940) Russia – T-34 medium tank the best and most produced tank of World War II.
Leo Baekeland (1863–1944) Belgian–American – Velox photographic paper and Bakelite.
John Landis Mason (1826–1902) USA – Mason jars.
Eli Whitney (1765–1825) USA – the cotton gin.
Ching W. Tang (born 1947) Hong Kong/USA together with Steven Van Slyke USA – OLED.
John Hays Hammond Jr. (1888–1965) USA – radio control.
Trevor Baylis (born 1937) UK – a wind-up radio.
Yi Xing (683–727) China – astronomical clock.
Pure mathematics exist by themselves; no will produces them no power can limit them. They are eternal laws that no man can infringe and from which it is impossible to escape. ~ S. Sandaram Iyer 1883 - Philosopher
This is an era of specialists each of whom sees his own problem and is unaware of or intolerant of the larger frame into which it fits. ~ Rachel Carson 1907 to 1964 - Marine Biologist
I am busy just now again on electro-magnetism and I think I may have got hold of a good thing. ~ Michael Faraday 1791 – 1867
Macroscopic objects as we see them all around us are governed by a variety of forces derived from a variety of approximations to a variety of physical theories. In contrast the only elements in the construction of black holes are our basic concepts of space and time. They are thus almost by definition the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe. ~ Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995
Our thoughts visions and fantasies have a physical reality. A thought is made of hundreds of electrochemical impulses. ~ Carl Sagan 1934 to 1996 Astrobiologist Planetary Scientist
A physicist is an atom’s way of knowing about atoms. - George Wald 1906 to 1997 Neurobiologist
With monads and diads and pentads and triads My brain has been addled completely; And what’s really meant by ‘something-valent ’ Is a question I give up discretely. ~ John Cargill Brough - 1834 to 1872
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more