41% of children in Africa aged 5 to 14 are involved in child labour.
One of the assassins of Archduke Franz Ferdinand threw a grenade but missed the car. He swallowed cyanide and jumped to the River Miljacka. The cyanide was expired and did not work and the river was only 10cm deep. He was captured seconds later.
When scientist Niels Bohr won the Nobel Prize in 1922 the Carlsberg brewery gave him a perpetual supply of beer piped into his house.
J.K. Rowling chose the unusual name ‘Hermione’ so young girls wouldn’t be teased for being nerdy!
Penis enhancement surgery is free in Cuba.
40% of McDonald’s profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.
You don't like the original version of a song because it's better. You like it because it's the one you heard first.
Dogs can see in colour, though they most likely see colours similar to a colour-blind human.
You're more likely to get struck by lightning in Texas than find in-person voter fraud.
The world's oldest hotel has been operating since 705 AD.
Because of heavy traffic congestion Julius Caesar banned all wheeled vehicles from Rome during daylight hours.
During his entire life Vincent Van Gogh sold exactly one painting “Red Vineyard at Arles”.
The oldest house in the UK is nearly 6000 years old and has stone furniture that is still intact.
Chevrolet tried marketing a Chevrolet Nova in Spanish speaking countries – it didn’t sell well because NOVA means “doesn’t go” in Spanish.
Rain contains vitamin B12.
More people are killed each year by bees than snakes.
Mary is mentioned more in Islam's Quran than in the entire New Testament.
Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute or even overtly sexual.
60% of electrocutions occur while talking on the telephone during a thunderstorm.
The average person laughs 10 times a day!
Chocolate can sicken and even kill dogs.
New York gets 15 times as much snow as the South Pole.
A woman's risk of breast cancer approximately doubles if she has a first-degree relative (mother sister daughter) who has been diagnosed with breast cancer.
Two-thirds of all the people in the world who have ever lived to be 65 years old are still alive today.
When a male tiger and female lion mate they make a tigon, when a male lion and female tiger mate they make a liger.
Everyday more money is printed for Monopoly sets than for the U.S. Treasury.
More people are killed each year by bees than snakes.
If you search for "atari breakout" in Google Images you can play the game.
The production of Disney's film Tangled was more expensive than Avatar's production.
China uses 45 billion chopsticks per year.
Elephants and chimpanzees can display behavior patterns similar to post-traumatic stress disorder and depression.
A flock of crows is known as a murder.
The 2011 earthquake near Japan increased the Earth's rotation speed shortening the day by 1.8 microseconds.
The average lead pencil will draw a line 35 miles long or write approximately 50 000 English words.
Before the eraser bread was used to remove pencil marks.
3.4 million people die each year from water-related causes.
Hara kiri is an impolite way of saying the Japanese word seppuku which means literally belly splitting.
The human brain is composed of about 100 billion neurons plus a trillion glial cells.
Norway was originally called "Nordweg" meaning the "Northern Way."
Martin Luther King Jr. received a C+ in public speaking at seminary school.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)