Did the genome of our cave-dwelling predecessors contain a set or sets of genes which enable modern man to compose music of infinite complexity and write novels with profound meaning? …It looks as though the early Homo was already provided with the intellectual potential which was in great excess of what was needed to cope with the environment of his time.” - Susumu Ohno 1928 to 2000 Geneticist
But though the professed aim of all scientific work is to unravel the secrets of nature it has another effect not less valuable on the mind of the worker. It leaves him in possession of methods which nothing but scientific work could have led him to invent. ~ James Clerk Maxwell 1831 to 1879
Ri Sung-gi (1905–1996) North Korea – Vinylon.
Charles Francis Richter (1900–1985) USA – Richter magnitude scale.
Stanley Mazor (1941–) USA – microprocessor.
Irving Langmuir (1851–1957) USA – gas filled incandescent light bulb hydrogen welding.
Hans Christian Gram (1853–1938) Denmark / Germany – Gram staining (histology).
Goldsworthy Gurney (1793–1875) England - Gurney Stove.
Adolph Rickenbacker (1886–1976) Switzerland – Electric guitar.
Samuel Guthrie (physician) (1782–1848) USA – discovered chloroform.
Theodore Maiman (1927–2007) USA – Laser see also Gordon Gould.
David Gestetner (1854–1939) Austria-Hungary / UK – a.o. Gestetner copier.
Ibn al-Haytham (Alhazen) (965–1039) Iraq – camera obscura pinhole camera magnifying glass.
Charles Dow (1851–1902) USA – Dow Jones Industrial Average.
John Vincent Atanasoff (1903–1995) Bulgaria/USA – modern digital computer.
Alexander Coucoulas (1933-) USA - Thermosonic Bonding.
Herman Frasch (1851–1914) Germany / USA – Frasch process (petrochemistry) Paraffin wax purification.
Nikolai Korotkov (1874–1920) Russia – auscultatory technique for blood pressure measurement.
Tim Berners-Lee (born 1955) UK – with Robert Cailliau the World Wide Web.
Alexander Graham Bell (1847–1922) UK Canada and USA – telephone.
Roger Y. Tsien (born 1952) together with Osamu Shimomura (1928–) and Martin Chalfie (born 1947) USA – Discovery and development of Green fluorescent protein.
Kerim Kerimov (1917–2003) Azerbaijan and Russia – co-developer of human spaceflight space dock space station.
Physics is very muddled again at the moment; it is much too hard for me anyway and I wish I were a movie comedian or something like that and had never heard anything about physics! ~ Wolfgang Pauli 1900 – 1958
We were a polite society and I expected to lead a quiet life teaching mechanics and listening to my senior colleagues gently but obliquely poking fun at one another. This dream of somnolent peace vanished very quickly when (Ernest) Rutherford came to Cambridge. Rutherford was the only person I have met who immediately impressed me as a great man. He was a big man and made a big noise and he seemed to enjoy every minute of his life. I remember that when transatlantic broadcasting first came in Rutherford told us at a dinner in Hall how he had spoken into a microphone to America and had been heard all over the continent. One of the bolder of our Fellows said: “Surely you did not need to use apparatus for that.” ~ Geoffrey Fellows 1871 to 1937
The finding of the double helix thus brought us not only joy but great relief. It was unbelievably interesting and immediately allowed us to make a serious proposal for the mechanism of gene duplication. ~ James Watson 1928 – Present - Geneticist
I am not insensible of the advantage which accrues to Applied Mathematics from the co-operation of the Pure Mathematician and this co-operation is not infrequently called forth by the very imperfections of writers on Applied Mathematics. ~ Ronald Fisher 1890 – 1962 - Mathematician Statistician Evolutionary Biologist
It is thus probable that germs of the lowest organisms known to us are continually being carried away from the earth and the other planets upon which they exist. As seeds in general so most of these spores thus carried away will no doubt meet death in the cold infinite space of the universe. Yet a small number of spores will fall on some other world and may there be able to spread life if conditions be suitable. ~ Svante Arrhenius 1859 to 1927 - Physical Chemist
The country which is in advance of the rest of the world in chemistry will also be foremost in wealth and in general prosperity. ~ William Ramsay - 1852 to 1916
Physics is actually too hard for physicists. ~ David Hilbert 1862 to 1943 (Mathematician)
- Main Function:G18 is merely gsm alarm system,G183 update version work with 3G gsm sim card DIY home security alarm system,which can either work in standalone mode without sim card or a standard size sim card(not micro and nano) to call/text up to 6 phone numbers via cellular network,AT&T,T-mobile sim card recommend.As 2G will be no longer available in the USA in 2019,AT&T has already shut off 2G service in 2017.3G alarm system more reliable than the wifi one in case of the internet failure.
- APP Control burglar system:First download app(search "G18 alarm system" at google or iphone app store) free and register an account,insert a sim card to alarm keypad,remote control the security system by text in APP on your smartphone from anywhere at anytime.PIR motion sensor detect any suspicious movement or activity,Door/window sensor detect any forceful break-in.When detectors are triggered,the alarm host will receive the alarm alert meantime call your phone,disarm it by app/sms/call
- Brief Description:This is an indoor basic security alarm system kit complete with fully programmable main unit and sensors,can be used directly after unplugging insulation sheet to protect home,office,shop apartment,business;DIY supportable 99 wireless zones up to 150 remote key fobs and 150 sensors,add more sensors as detailed need such as gas detector,water leaking sensor to provide all-around reliable protection.Additional Sensors can be find in our shop or we can customize the kits for you.
- Humanized Design: Easy operation with TFT color touch screen,voice prompt design during setting;Built in 3.7V 800mAh rechargeable lithium battery that can last about 6-8 hours with full power, it will change to use battery to work in the case of power failure, just make sure that switch is on. Other useable features such as arming delay, keypad lock, timing arming etc.
- Customer Service: 12-month warranty, professional technical support and friendly responsive customer service within 24 hours. If you have any questions, welcome to contact us via amazon emails or seach "KERUI G183 security alarm system introduction" on youtube.
- ALL-IN-ONE HOME AUTOMATION: Make your house a smart home in minutes, one room at a time. Simply replace your Dual Switch (double gang) light switch with NuBryte Touchpoint. Connect & Protect, from any NuBryte console, or remotely via Nubryte APP.
- HOME SECURITY: Detract and deter with 100 decibel siren and flashing overhead lights. Instant video alerts to your phone when triggered (with NuBryte APP). Built-in wide-angle camera and advanced motion detection up to 30'. No Contracts/Monthly Fees.
- SMART LIGHTING: Touch-Free light control, and 5 easy-to-use lighting automation and digital dimming modes. Motion-based on/off, Morning Wake Up, Bedtime dimmer, Night light and Vacation lights. Works with standard dimmable bulbs.
- INTERCOM: Combine 2 or more Touchpoint consoles for an instant home intercom system. (WiFi)
- FAMILY HUB: Indoor/Outdoor Temperature & Humidity, 5-Day Weather Forecast, Calendar, Notifications and Event Alerts, Energy Monitoring, and more! Now, with Amazon Alexa voice control with Echo, Dot, and Tap!
- Updated 2015 Model with Newest Firmware and Software
- Wifi Connectivity for Remote and Monitoring Options (Requires Monthly Fee)
- Zwave ready for Control of Lights, Door locks, Thermostats and Garage Doors
- Award Winning Technology and Design
- Includes: (3) 5816 Door/Window Transmitters, (1) 5834-4 Four-Button Wireless Keyfob (1) 5800 Pir-Res Wireless Motion Detector (1) Wifi Module (1) Zwave Module (1) 4gl GSM Cellular module