Bin Laden’s death was announced on 1st May 2011. Hitler’s death was announced on 1st May 1945.
The Eiffel Tower was originally intended for Barcelona Spain but the project was rejected.
60 000 plastic bags are being used in the U.S. every 5 seconds.
Steven Spielberg completed his degree course 33 years after dropping out by submitting Schindler's List as his final project.
111 111 111 x 111 111 111 = 12 345 678 987 654 321.
Samuel L. Jackson requested to have a purple light saber in Star Wars in order for him to accept the part as Mace Windu.
Swedish blood donors first recieve a 'Thank you' text when they initially donate blood but they also recieve a text whenever their blood is used to help someone.
Coconut water can be used (in emergencies) as a substitute for blood plasma.
30% of all cancers diagnosed in women are breast cancers.
The number “four” is considered unlucky in Japan because it is pronounced the same as “death”.
Starfish don't have brains. Special cells on their skin gather information about their surroundings.
The last words of Henry Royce co-founder of Rolls-Royce were actually: "I wish I'd spent more time in the office."
Coca-Cola was originally green.
Fortune cookies are not a traditional Chinese custom. They were invented in early 1900 in San Francisco.
Plants and warm-blooded animals closer to the equator tend to be darker.
Cats share 95.6% of their DNA with tigers.
Baby whales grow to a 1/3 of their mother’s length in the womb.
The cities of Aachen Regensburg Frankfurt-am-Main Nuremberg Weimar Bonn and Berlin have all been capitals of Germany.
Humans are killing 1 776 animals for food every second.
As late as 1985 doctors believed babies didn't feel pain and conducted surgeries with no anesthesia.
Scientists can turn peanut butter into diamonds.
The strongest creatures on Earth are gonorrhea bacteria. They can pull 100 000 times their own body weight.
In 1940 12-year-old boy Fidel Castro wrote a letter to President F. Roosevelt to request a $10 bill because he had never seen one before.
There is a shark called ‘goblin shark’ which has only been seen around 50 times since its discovery in 1897.
Certain frogs can be frozen solid then thawed and survive.
Facebook Twitter and The New York Times have been blocked in China since 2009.
An Iraqi man moved to Australia and used the Welfare System as income. Years later he became successful and wrote a check to the government for every cent they gave him.
During a revolt at the Auschwitz Concentration Camp a member of the SS was stabbed then burned alive in a crematorium oven.
Angel Falls in Venezuela is the world’s highest waterfall at 3 212 feet (979 m).
If the human eye was a digital camera it would have 576 megapixels.
North American oysters do not make pearls of any value.
Hummingbirds beat their wings 60 to 80 times per second.
Psychologists examined Internet trolls and found that they are "narcissistic psychopathic and sadistic".
Australia is the only Western country in the world to not have a Bill of Rights.
There are about 500 000 detectable earthquakes in the world each year. 100 000 of those can be felt and 100 of them cause damage.
A complete revolution around the Sun takes about 365 days and 6 hours. That's why our Gregorian calendar has a leap day.
November 28 2012 was the most peaceful day New York City ever had—not a single violent crime was reported.
Cancer causes more deaths than AIDS tuberculosis and malaria combined.
The monarch of Norway's title is "Norway's King" rather than "King of Norway" signifying that he belongs to the country and not vice versa.
In 2013 a man bought a house next to his ex-wife just to install a giant middle finger statue for her to see every day.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)