Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty beer glass.
If the amount of water in your body is reduced by just 1% you’ll feel thirsty.
The couch gag is actually a trick used by the writers to make the show longer or shorter.
A San Francisco Highway Patrol Officer called Kevin Briggs has talked approximately 200 people out of suicide on the Golden Gate Bridge since 1994.
In Finland 9 out of 10 plastic bottles are returned for recycling and almost 100% of glass bottles are also recycled.
Golden toads are so rare that a biological reserve has been specifically created for them.
Germany Denmark Iceland and other countries have official rules about what a baby can be named.
Norwegian scientists have hypothesized that Rudolph’s red nose is probably the result of a parasitic infection of his respiratory system.
In Aspen Colorado you can have a maximum income of $104 000 and still receive government subsidized housing.
Armageddon (Har Megiddo) has already been the site of several historical battles the last in 1918.
A group of finches is called a Charm.
Every 30 seconds a baby is born with a birth defect in China.
Cockroaches shed their skin.
The "Doggone Project" in Germany works recycling deceased pets into fertilizer.
Goats and sheep are seasonal breeders.
With 61 million inhabitants Italy is the 5th most populous country in Europe.
A dog's nose is the equivalent of a human fingerprint: each has a unique pattern.
Drinking too much water can cause a water intoxication.
The U.S. Government spends US$1.8 billion per year printing documents.
If you plant an apple seed it is almost guaranteed to grow a tree of a different type of apple.
The highest recorded body temperature in a human being was a fever of 115.7°F (46.5°C).
Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
There's a bridge between mainland China and Macau where cars switch from left to right-hand drive and vice versa.
Canada has fewer people than Tokyo's metropolitan area.
There is a hotel in Sweden built entirely out of ice; it is rebuilt every year.
Nero the Roman Emperor married a man one of his freedmen taking the role of the bride.
India has more population than the entire Western Hemisphere of Earth.
Canada has the largest coastline in the world.
According to Genesis 1:20-22 the chicken came before the egg.
In Britain a woman was given 20 months in jail for creating fake Facebook profiles to send abusive messages to herself.
American Civil War soldiers had a code of honor that forbade shooting at men while they were pooping.
California has more than 130 000 people in prison.
A Czech man Jan Honza Zampa holds the record for drinking one liter of beer in 4.11 seconds.
On her 120th birthday the oldest person ever recorded said: "I only have one wrinkle and I'm sitting on it."
WW1 transformed the U.S. into the largest military power in the world.
Cats have lived with people for only 7,000 years.
Neuroscientists believe babies don't dream for the first few years of their life.
The world consumes close to 2.25 billion cups of coffee every day.
From 1814 to 1830 the flag of the Kingdom of France was plain white.
Flowers can grow faster by listening to music.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)