It is thus probable that germs of the lowest organisms known to us are continually being carried away from the earth and the other planets upon which they exist. As seeds in general so most of these spores thus carried away will no doubt meet death in the cold infinite space of the universe. Yet a small number of spores will fall on some other world and may there be able to spread life if conditions be suitable. ~ Svante Arrhenius 1859 to 1927 - Physical Chemist
I saw that people trying to synthesize gold and silver were working in ignorance and by false methods; I then perceived that they belonged to two classes the dupers and the duped. I pitied both of them. ~ Geber c. 712 – c. 815 AD
Otto Schmitt (1913–1998) USA – Schmitt trigger (electronics).
Isaac Singer (1811–1875) USA – sewing machine.
Shintaro Uda (1869–1976) together with Hidetsugu Yagi (1886–1976) Japan – Yagi-Uda antenna.
Nestor Makhno (1888–1934) Ukraine/Russia – tachanka.
John Wesley Hyatt (1837–1920) USA – celluloid manufacturing..
Aaron D. O'Connell (born 1981) USA – first Quantum machine.
Alexander Chizhevsky (1897–1964) Russia – air ionizer.
Banū Mūsā brothers Muhammad (c. 800–873) Ahmad (803–873) Al-Hasan (810–873) Iraq – mechanical trick devices hurricane lamp self-trimming and self-feeding lamp gas mask clamshell grab fail-safe system mechanical musical instrument automatic flute player programmable machine.
Felix Hoffmann (Bayer) (1868–1949) Germany – Aspirin.
Mulalo Doyoyo (born 1970) South Africa/USA - engineer and inventor (Cenocell - cementless concrete).
Mardi bin Ali al-Tarsusi (c. 1187) Middle East – counterweight trebuchet mangonel.
John Bardeen (1908–1991) USA – co-inventor of the transistor.
John Hadley (1682–1744) UK – Octant.
Charles K. Bliss (1897–1985) Austro-Hungary/Australia – Blissymbols.
Henri Marie Coandă (1886–1972) Romania – Coandă effect of fluid dynamics Coandă-1910 world's first jet.
Jan Czochralski (1885–1953) Poland / Germany – Czochralski process (crystal growth).
Svyatoslav Fyodorov (1927–2000) Russia – radial keratotomy.
Samuel Guthrie (physician) (1782–1848) USA – discovered chloroform.
Henry Burden (1791–1871) Scotland and USA – Horseshoe machine first usable iron railed road spike.
Eugene Polley (1915–2012) United States – wireless remote control (with Robert Adler).
There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. ~ Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Mathematician and Astronomer
Physics is actually too hard for physicists. ~ David Hilbert 1862 to 1943 (Mathematician)
Chemistry begins in the stars. The stars are the source of the chemical elements which are the building blocks of matter and the core of our subject. ~ Peter Atkins - 1940 to present
Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. ~ Joseph Mellor - 1869 to 1938
With monads and diads and pentads and triads My brain has been addled completely; And what’s really meant by ‘something-valent ’ Is a question I give up discretely. ~ John Cargill Brough - 1834 to 1872
This is an era of specialists each of whom sees his own problem and is unaware of or intolerant of the larger frame into which it fits. ~ Rachel Carson 1907 to 1964 - Marine Biologist
Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” ~ Marie Curie 1867 to 1934
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products