The very first step towards success in any occupation is to become interested in it. - William Osler
"Be yourself. Follow your instincts. Success depends, at least in part, on the ability to 'carry it off.'" - Donald Rumsfeld
"The concept of the 'good ol' days' must be one of our society's biggest delusions, top reasons for depression, as well as most often used excuse for lack of success." - Bo Bennett
Before watching Video, Read About…
Prioritize Your Work: Going forward, try to prioritize your work. Try to determine which projects are “urgent,” which projects are “important,” and which projects are both. And then attack them in the correct order.
Organize Your Workspace: Having a clean, organized workspace is a vital part of success. It may sound trivial, but in fact, the cleanliness and the order can go a long way towards improving your mindset and structuring your day.
Don’t Make Enemies: If you want to be successful in the workplace, there’s a good chance that you’ll end up locking horns with a few people on the way. However, at the end of the day, it is vital that you don’t take these disputes personally; and work hard to avoid making enemies.
Look for a Job Elsewhere: Find jobs outside of your company that look promising. At a minimum, you might be able to get a better job elsewhere. At most, you might be able to leverage that offer into a promotion within the company.
Maintain a Sense of Urgency: In all things you do at work, maintain a sense of urgency. Show that you are hard-working, attentive, and alert. And show that you won’t become complacent simply because things are going well.
Always be Available: If you don’t own one already, get a smartphone that allows you to easily check and write emails. This will make it possible for you to always be on call for your boss, so you can become someone that he or she relies on.
Don’t Shy Away from Gray Areas: Gray areas are important. Those who are successful find out how to succeed, even when things are clearly black or white. Those who often fail to succeed cannot work through gray areas, but instead get confused and bogged down. If you want to get recognized and promoted, you must charge gray areas head- on and demonstrate that they won’t make you ineffective.
Think and Contribute Critically: When you’re at meetings or when a co-worker or boss asks for advice, think critically and try to make an important contribution. Don’t let the words go in one ear and other the other.
Try to Cut Your Spending by 10% Per Month: If you’re currently over-budget, consider cutting your expenses by 10%. Even if it seems hard to do initially, figure it out and do it.
Watch Video: YOU WILL GET THROUGH IT | An eye-opening video about the hard times in life
(via YouTube)The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes. - Benjamin Disraeli
"I feel lucky because I was a nerd, which I talk about in the book, but I had academic success, so through that, because that's what my parents put a great deal of value on, I had a great childhood because I sort of fulfilled the expectations of being good at school." - Mindy Kaling
It's absolutely essential that we have the same safeguards that straight couples do. But I want more than a 50 percent chance of success. I don't want to emulate that. - George Michael
"Singleness of purpose is one of the chief essentials for success in life, no matter what may be one's aim." - John D. Rockefeller
"It was very clear to me in 1965, in Mississippi, that, as a lawyer, I could get people into schools, desegregate the schools, but if they were kicked off the plantations - and if they didn't have food, didn't have jobs, didn't have health care, didn't have the means to exercise those civil rights, we were not going to have success." - Marian Wright Edelman
I feel like I want to take care of everyone and I also feel this terrible guilt if I am unable to. And I have felt this way ever since all this success started. - Jim Carrey
The ladder of success is never crowded at the top. - Napoleon Hill
"Like everybody, I have invested in things that have gone bad, because there's never any guarantee of success or profit when it comes to money." - Murray Walker
"For unflagging interest and enjoyment, a household of children, if things go reasonably well, certainly all other forms of success and achievement lose their importance by comparison." - Theodore Roosevelt
But I think it's more normal for my team to have no success than it is to win two consecutive European cups. - Jose Mourinho
She's the kind of girl who climbed the ladder of success wrong by wrong. - Mae West
"With 'Believe' bringing really big success for me outside of the U.K. for the first time, it meant I have been touring around the world and that led to a gap from the studio. I really feel like the gap has done me the world of good. Throughout that time I was able to collect songs that I really loved." - Katherine Jenkins
"You can never be comfortable with your success, you've got to be paranoid you're going to lose it." - Lou Gerstner
People are beginning to see that the first requisite to success in life is to be a good animal. - Herbert Spencer
Success is like a liberation or the first phrase of a love story. - Jeanne Moreau
We all know that Social Security is one of this country's greatest success stories in the 20th century. - Mitch McConnell
Train Your Brain & Solve This…
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)