Heavily hunted animals live in Chernobyl because it is safer where there are no humans.
The people of the U.S. are collectively overweight by a total of about 4 billion pounds.
In 1949 the U.S. Military created a synthetic version of Marijuana called "Dimethylheptylpyran." Just 1 mg can have effects lasting for 3 days.
There are about a million ants per person. Ants are very social animals and will live in colonies that can contain almost 500 000 ants.
The average human blinks their eyes 6 205 000 times each year.
49% of pregnancies in the U.S. are unintended. That's more than 3 million children per year.
The Jerusalem syndrome is a group of psychological phenomena triggered by a visit to Jerusalem Israel.
Homosexuality and abortion were decriminalised in Russia under Lenin's leadership.
With 800 languages New York is the most linguistically diverse city in the world.
Lizards can self-amputate their tails for protection. It grows back after a few months.
Isaac Newton's Principia Mathematica contained a simple calculation error that went unnoticed for 300 years.
In China women who remain unmarried in their late 20s and beyond are called "Sheng nu" which means "leftover women."
1 in every 3 socks you have were made in the district of Datang in Zhuji China now known as "Sock City".
A large flawless emerald is worth more than a similarly large flawless diamond.
Roman Gladiators rarely fought to the death or against animals and were considered celebrities of their time.
Burning Mountain Australia has an underground natural coal fire that has been burning for about 6 000 years.
Jet lag was once called boat lag before there were jets.
During WW2 the lights of Big Ben were dimmed so that German bombers could not use it for reference.
In England the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
Judaism arrived in India 2500 years ago with no recorded instances of anti-Semitism from the local populace ever since.
You are more likely to die slipping in the bathtub getting struck by lightning or drowning in the bathtub than from Terrorism.
Africa is larger than China USA India Mexico and a big part of Europe combined.
75% of the artificial vanilla produced in the world is used for ice cream and as a flavoring for chocolate.
Forgetting is good for the brain: deleting unnecessary information helps the nervous system retain its plasticity.
There were once camels roaming in the deserts of Arizona.
Almost a third of the world's languages are spoken only in Africa.
For every US$1000 of music sold the average musician makes just US$23.40.
In the U.S. sitting on a sea turtle is a third degree felony.
Snakes can have two heads and fight each other for food.
Giraffes have no vocal cords.
Hot water can freeze faster than cold water in some circumstances.
Ancient Greeks and Romans often bought slaves with salt.
Wearing jeans is illegal in North Korea.
The average U.S. worker stays at each of its jobs for 4.4 years.
Cockroaches can run on two legs and that they can reach speeds of almost 5 feet per second.
Orb spiders mummify their prey before they kill it.
Michael Jackson had a meeting at the WTC on 9/11 but overslept.
In the USA ransom payments to kidnappers are tax-deductible.
In the UK it is illegal to ride a hoverboard scooter in public.
Martin Luther King Jr. required hours of delicate surgery to remove a steel letter opener from his chest in 1958.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)