According to Douglas Adams a Salween is the faint taste of dishwashing liquid in a cup of fresh tea.
It takes 8 minutes and 20 seconds for light to travel from the sun to the earth.
"Pistanthrophobia" is the fear of trusting people due to bad past experiences.
An average person produces about 25 000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime enough to fill two swimming pools.
In 2014 a burglar in Minnesota was caught after he logged into his Facebook account on the home's PC and forgot to log out.
The U.S. is currently in it's longest period of not having a president die in office.
Cats have lived with people for only 7,000 years.
Drinking caffeine in the evening delays our brain's release of melatonin and interrupts our circadian rhythm by as much as 40 minutes.
Starfish have eight eyes – one at the end of each leg.
England is smaller than New England.
On Sept. 9 2015 Queen Elizabeth II will become the longest-reigning UK monarch ever surpassing Queen Victoria.
The Statue of Liberty has a 35-foot (10 6m) waistline.
There are at least seven Christian churches in Antarctica.
In Jamaica sex between men is punishable with up to 10 years' imprisonment. But lesbian action is allowed.
A slug's anus is on its head.
The biggest Japanese community outside of Japan is in Brazil.
In the U.S Frisbees outsell footballs baseballs and basketballs combined.
Carat weight can be 10 12 14 18 22 or 24. The higher the number the greater the purity.
In 2011 Twitter users tweeted the equivalent of 8 163 copies of "War and Peace" every day.
James Cameron was homeless when writing the movie "The Terminator " and sold the rights for US$1 on the condition he could direct it.
A group of hares is called a Husk.
After John F. Kennedy's WW2 PT boat was sunk he wrote a message on a coconut asking for help. It worked. Kennedy kept the coconut and it became a Presidential paperweight.
In Victoria Australia only a licensed electrician is allowed to change a light bulb.
There are giant carnivorous snails living in New Zealand.
There's a conspiracy theory saying the Titanic never sunk. Instead it was her sister ship the Olympic and it was an insurance scam.
35%of the world's population drives on the left side of the road.
It is estimated that about 600 000 people die in China each year from issues related to overwork.
Queen Elizabeth II served as a mechanic and driver in World War II.
1%of the World's Water Is Drinkable.
Every August 13this celebrated"Left-Handers Day"since 1996.
The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
Argentina was the first country in Latin Americato legalize same-sex marriage in 2010.
Dr. Kellogg introduced Kellogg Corn Flakes in hopes that it would reduce masturbation.
The Amazon is the world’s largest river 3 890 miles (6 259 km) long.
There's an organization that parachutes copies of the Bible into North Korea.
The original story from “Tales of 1001 Arabian Nights” begins “Aladdin was a little Chinese boy.”
Hitler’s mother considered abortion but the doctor persuaded her to keep the baby.
Women live longer than men partly because their immune systems age more slowly.
Barbie’s measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33
During the Holocaust Jewish boxer Salamo Arouch was imprisoned at Auschwitz. He was forced to fight fellow prisoners; the losers were sent to the gas chambers or shot. He survived over 2 years and 200 fights until the camp was liberated.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products