A fingerprint is to a human as a nose is to a cat.
As late as 1985 doctors believed babies didn't feel pain and conducted surgeries with no anesthesia.
There's US$75 trillion in the entire world. If this is distributed amongst all people on Earth each person will have less than $11 000.
At the age of 11 Benjamin Franklin invented a pair of swim fins. He was later recognized by his induction into the International Swimming Hall of Fame.
The number of Chinese killed by the Japanese during WW2 is greater than the number of Jews killed in the Holocaust.
In professional shooting Alcohol is considered to be a performance-enhancing drug because it relaxes you and slows your heart rate enough to give you an edge.
In 2012 a Somali Islamist militant group offered a bounty of 10 camels for President Obama and 2 for information on Hillary Clinton.
The U.S. bought Alaska for 2 cents an acre from Russia.
More people go to church on Sunday in China than in the whole of Europe.
Mr. Rogers was an ordained minister.
There's a 47-story skyscraper in Spain that has NO elevator.
77%of Russia is made up of Siberia.
In Texas it is legal to kill BigFoot if you ever find it.
Apollo Creed from the movie Rocky was based on Muhammad Ali.
The original story from “Tales of 1001 Arabian Nights” begins “Aladdin was a little Chinese boy.”
The Vatican does not recognize the People's Republic of China as a legitimate state of China.
A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.
Sand from the Sahara is blown by the wind all the way to the Amazon recharging its minerals. The desert literally fertilizes the rainforest.
95% of the underwater world remains unexplored.
There is a sect offshoot of Christianity that believes Jesus is currently living in China as a Chinese woman.
Susan Lucci is the daughter of Phyllis Diller.
Barbie’s measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33
"LOL" was formally recognized in 2011's update of the Oxford English Dictionary.
Amsterdam pays alcoholics in beer to clean streets: 5 cans of beer for a day's work plus €10 and tobacco.
Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into the shark’s stomach from underneath causing the shark to explode.
"Astronauts" come from America. Space explorers from Russia are called "cosmonauts."
The inhabitants of ancient Rome had a sewer goddess a toilet god and a god of excrement.
Two dogs were among the Titanic survivors.
There are more public libraries than McDonald's in the U.S.
Three of Fidel Castro's sons are named after Alexander the Great: Alexis Alejandro and Alexander.
Obese drivers are 78% more likely to die in a car crash.
In 1917 Germany invited Mexico to join WW1 by attacking the U.S. in order to recover the lost territories of Texas New Mexico and Arizona.
Dogs and elephants are the only animals that seem to instinctively understand pointing.
The third country in space after The U.S. and the USSR was Canada which was considered to have the most advanced space program in 1962.
5%of Cubans have access to the open Internet.
The pyramids were built by paid laborers. Not slaves. That's a myth by Herodotus the Greek historian.
Apple has more operating cash than the U.S. Treasury.
Uranus’ orbital axis is tilted at 90 degrees.
California is the world's 5th largest supplier of food.
It's illegal to take Indian currency (rupees) out of India.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)