"I think most people believe success in government is how many fewer people are in government, not because you kick them off of benefits like unemployment but they've been able to control their own destiny because private sector employers have created more jobs." - Scott Walker
I hate to be a failure. I hate and regret the failure of my marriages. I would gladly give all my millions for just one lasting marital success. - J. Paul Getty
Success makes men rigid and they tend to exalt stability over all the other virtues tired of the effort of willing they become fanatics about conservatism. - Walter Lippmann
Before you continue, Read About…
Manage Your Time and Resources Efficiently: Like most people, you have some time and resources at your disposal. Instead of mismanaging them or ignoring them, use them wisely and to your advantage. Be efficient with your resources and you will reap the rewards of personal success.
Set Financial Goals: Don’t just dream about your finances getting better. Set financial goals and commit yourself to accomplishing them. This will keep you on track with your finances; and will give you something to look forward to.
Reconcile with Family Members: If your personal life is riddled with conflicts, then you may want to take some time to step back and ask yourself what is going wrong. Consider whether you could simply be the bigger person and reconcile these conflicts with family members, rather than perpetuating them.
Facilitate Discussion: Another important trait of business leaders who are successful is their ability to facilitate discussion. Not only do they have good ideas themselves, but they find ways to tease good ideas out of otherwise quiet co-workers.
Volunteer for Non-Profit Organizations: One thing that the successful frequently do is give to others. They not only give money, but they give time and compassion. Consider volunteering for non-profit organizations. You’ll not only feel better about yourself, but others will admire you for it.
Let Go of Your Fear of Failure: On the road to success, you will experience many failures. This is why it is so important to let these fears go; and instead focus on the process of achieving those goals that you want so badly.
Consider Why You Want the Promotion: Being prepared is important. For instance, next time you’re in the elevator with your boss or with a higher-up, you will want to be prepared if your boss asks you something about a new job opening or a possible promotion. Have reasons ready for why you want the promotion and why you would fit well in the position.
Do Not Allow Your Personal Life to Interfere with Your Business Life: No matter what is going in on your personal life, remember to keep work at work and home life at home. Don’t allow a stressful situation with a friend or a relative spillover into your work and prevent you from being effective.
Dress for the Part: One important part of getting promotions is dressing for the part. If you don’t look presentable on a daily basis that may factor into your boss’s decision not to promote you. So dress for success.
Watch Video: Will Smiths Incredible Motivational Story – “You don’t set out to build a wall”
(via YouTube)"Success depends in a very large measure upon individual initiative and exertion, and cannot be achieved except by a dint of hard work." - Anna Pavlova
For movies to get greenlit solely based on the success of other movies that have a lot of women in them? It's so ridiculous to me. - Kristen Wiig
I will not be discouraged by failure I will not be elated by success. - Joseph Barber Lightfoot
I always say be humble but be firm. Humility and openness are the key to success without compromising your beliefs. - George Hickenlooper
Success in the majority of circumstances depends on knowing how long it takes to succeed. - Charles de Montesquieu
The envious man grows lean at the success of his neighbor. - Horace
"There's a lot of blood, sweat, and guts between dreams and success." - Paul Bryant
An entrepreneur assumes the risk and is dedicated and committed to the success of whatever he or she undertakes. - Victor Kiam
Success took me to her bosom like a maternal boa constrictor. - Noel Coward
"Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success." - Swami Sivananda
Those who have succeeded at anything and don't mention luck are kidding themselves. - Larry King
The secret of success is sincerity. - Jean Giraudoux
"Success in life comes not from holding a good hand, but in playing a poor hand well." - Denis Waitley
"Success is very ephemeral. You depend entirely on the desire of others, which makes it difficult to relax." - Eva Green
The season of failure is the best time for sowing the seeds of success. - Paramahansa Yogananda
The most successful men in the end are those whose success is the result of steady accretion. - Alexander Graham Bell
Train Your Brain & Solve This…
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)