Julius Caesar Mark Antony and Octavian all made pilgrimages to Alexander the Great's tomb in Alexandria.
CT body scans expose the patient to the same amount of radiation as that experienced within a mile and a half of the Hiroshima atomic bomb.
It was discovered on a space mission that a frog can throw up.
Male bats have the highest rate of homosexuality of any mammal.
There is a mountain in Australia called Mt. Disappointment because its explorers found the view from it sub-par and wanted to reflect that.
In 2011 a monkey was arrested in Pakistan for crossing the border with India.
Potatoes were illegal in France between 1748 and 1772.
Christmas ham originally a pagan tradition was endorsed by the Catholic Church as a test of truthful conversion from Judaism.
A woodpecker can peck 20 times per second.
An earthquake on Dec. 16 1811 caused parts of the Mississippi River to flow backwards.
13 of the 20 most polluted cities in world are just in India.
Cats can get sick or die from eating chocolate.
A Saudi Arabian woman can get a divorce if her husband doesn’t give her coffee.
Israel is the only country in the world to draft women into Military service.
A completely blind chameleon will still take on the colours of its environment.
Flowers can grow faster by listening to music.
Sex toys are illegal in India.
The "Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge" is offered to anyone who can demonstrate a supernatural ability under agreed-upon scientific testing criteria. In 40 years no one ever won.
A Bonsai Tree planted in 1626 survived the atomic bomb at Hiroshima and now resides in a U.S. Museum.
Babies remain calm twice as long when listening to a song as they do when listening to speech according to a study.
The “spot” on the 7-Up logo comes from its inventor who had red eyes. He was an albino.
White blood cells make up about 1% of your blood.
Sound wave scan be used to make objects levitate.
According to a study up to 50% of the world's natural history specimens in museums are labeled incorrectly.
41 new species are discovered by scientists every single day.
Parents of new babies miss out on 6 months worth of sleep in the first 2 years of their child's life.
In the UK nearly 1 in 10 couples are ethnically mixed.
Cats sweat through their paws.
Lizards can self-amputate their tails for protection. It grows back after a few months.
The average American eats 25 pounds (11.3 KG) of candy each year.
Every day in the U.S. more than 100 000 people get a speeding ticket.
Humans are 50% heavier and four inches taller in the past 100 years than they have been throughout most of human history.
The State of New Jersey U.S.A. was originally called Lorraine and New Sweden.
Americans consume 12.5 teaspoons more sugar each day than the American Heart Association recommends.
Brazil distributes women's breast milk around the country to babies whose mothers can't provide it for them.
A third of all divorce filings of 2011 in the U.S. contained the word "Facebook."
All Hebrew originating names that end with the letters el have something to do with God.
Donkeys kill more people than plane crashes.
Gary Indiana is the murder capital of the U.S. – probably the world.
If your dog's feet smell like corn chips you're not alone. The term "Frito Feet" was coined to describe the scent.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products