I accept no principles of physics which are not also accepted in mathematics. ~ René Descartes 1596 to 1650
On the principle of successive variations not always supervening at an early age and being inherited at a corresponding not early period of life we can clearly see why the embryos of mammals birds reptiles and fishes should be so closely alike and should be so unlike the adult forms. ~ Charles Darwin 1809 to 1882 - Naturalist Evolutionary Biologist
Ali Kashmiri ibn Luqman (fl.1589–1590) Mughal India – seamless globe and celestial globe.
Andreas Stihl (1896–1973) Switzerland/Germany – Electric chain saw.
Jonas Wenström (1855–1893) Sweden – three-phase electrical power.
Chester Carlson (1906–1968) USA – Xerography.
Alexander Prokhorov (1916–2002) Russia – co-inventor of laser and maser.
Carl D. Keith (1920–2008) together with John J. Mooney (c. 1928–) USA – three way catalytic converter.
Frederick Walton (c. 1834–1928) UK – Linoleum.
Evgeny Murzin (1914–1970) Russia – ANS synthesizer.
Robert Goddard (1882–1945) USA – liquid fuel rocket.
Thomas E. Kurtz (born 1928) together with John G. Kemeny (1926–1992) USA/Hungary – BASIC (programming language).
Ibn Sina (Avicenna) (973–1037) Persia/Iran – steam distillation essential oil pharmacopoeia clinical pharmacology clinical trial randomized controlled trial quarantine cancer surgery cancer therapy pharmacotherapy phytotherapy Hindiba Taxus baccata L calcium channel blocker.
Muhammad al-Fazari (d. 796/806) Persia – astrolabe.
Rudolf Diesel (1858–1913) Germany – Diesel engine.
George de Bothezat (1882–1940) Russia/USA – quadrotor helicopter (The Flying Octopus).
Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot (1725–1804) France – first steam-powered road vehicle.
Barnes Wallis (1887–1979) UK – bouncing bomb.
David L. Mills (born 1938) USA – a.o. Fuzzball router Network Time Protocol.
Goldsworthy Gurney (1793–1875) England - Gurney Stove.
Kenyon Taylor (inv. 1961) USA – Flip-disc display.
Fe del Mundo (1911–2011) The Philippines – medical incubator made out of bamboo for use in rural communities without electrical power.
I believe that new mathematical schemata new systems of axioms certainly new systems of mathematical structures will be suggested by the study of the living world. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
Did the genome of our cave-dwelling predecessors contain a set or sets of genes which enable modern man to compose music of infinite complexity and write novels with profound meaning? …It looks as though the early Homo was already provided with the intellectual potential which was in great excess of what was needed to cope with the environment of his time.” - Susumu Ohno 1928 to 2000 Geneticist
This is an era of specialists each of whom sees his own problem and is unaware of or intolerant of the larger frame into which it fits. ~ Rachel Carson 1907 to 1964 - Marine Biologist
When you hear a physicist invoke the uncertainty principle keep a hand on your wallet. ~ David Griffiths b. 1942
Actually everything that can be known has a number; for it is impossible to grasp anything with the mind or to recognize it without this. ~ Philolaus c. 470 – c. 385 BC - Scientist and Philosopher
What is possible in the Cavendish Laboratory may not be too difficult in the sun. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
With monads and diads and pentads and triads My brain has been addled completely; And what’s really meant by ‘something-valent ’ Is a question I give up discretely. ~ John Cargill Brough - 1834 to 1872
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.