I have eaten 2/3 of 1/3 of my food ration. 7 remains. How much food did I start with? ~ Cuneiform Babylonian mathematics exercise 1900 – 1600 BC
Archimedes’ finding that the crown was of gold was a discovery; but he invented the method of determining the density of solids. Indeed discoverers must generally be inventors; though inventors are not necessarily discoverers. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
Evangelista Torricelli (1608–1647) Italy – barometer.
George Crum (1822–1914) USA – potato chips.
J. Stuart Blackton (1875–1941) USA – stop-motion film.
William Henry Perkin (1838–1907) United Kingdom – first synthetic organic chemical dye Mauveine.
Nikolai Lebedenko Russia – Tsar Tank the largest armored vehicle in history.
Gottlob Widmann (inv. c. 1954) Germany – Electrical drip coffee maker.
Norman Joseph Woodland (1921–2012) together with Bernard Silver (1924–1963) USA – Barcode.
Peter Petroff (1919–2004) Bulgaria – digital wrist watch heart monitor weather instruments.
Werner von Siemens (1816–1892) Germany – a.o. electric elevator Electromote (= first trolleybus) an early Dynamo.
Norman Wilkinson (1878–1971) UK – Dazzle camouflage.
William Murdoch (1754–1839) Scotland – Gas lighting.
Oleg Antonov (1906–1984) Russia – An-series aircraft including A-40 winged tank and An-124 (the largest serial cargo later modified to world's largest fixed-wing aircraft An-225).
Octave Chanute (1832–1910) US – Civil Engineer.
John Bennett Fenn (1917–2010) USA – Electrospray ionization.
William Bradford Shockley (1910–1989) USA – co-inventor of transistor.
James Gosling (born 1955) USA – Java (programming language).
Abu al-Qasim al-Zahrawi (Abulcasis) (936–1013) Islamic Spain – catgut surgical suture various surgical instruments and dental devices.
Motorins Ivan Feodorovich (1660s–1735) and his son Mikhail Ivanovich (?–1750) Russia – Tsar Bell.
Ray Dolby (1933–2013) USA – Dolby noise-reduction system.
Mark Serrurier (1904–1988) USA – Serrurier truss for Optical telescopes.
I believe that new mathematical schemata new systems of axioms certainly new systems of mathematical structures will be suggested by the study of the living world. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” ~ Marie Curie 1867 to 1934
God created two acts of folly. First He created the Universe in a Big Bang. Second He was negligent enough to leave behind evidence for this act in the form of microwave radiation. - Paul Erdős 1913 to 1996 Mathematician
Nearly 2.5 billion years of prokaryotic cells and nothing else – two-thirds of life’s history in stasis at the lowest level of recorded complexity… Why did life remain at stage 1 for two-thirds of its history if complexity offers such benefits? ~ Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 - Paleontologist
Although Nature needs thousands or millions of years to create a new species man needs only a few dozen years to destroy one. ~ Victor Scheffer 1906 to 2011 - Biologist
Science is the acceptance of what works and the rejection of what does not. That needs more courage than we might think. - Jacob Bronowski 1908 to 1974 Mathematician Biologist
It does not help that some politicians and journalists assume the public is interested only in those aspects of science that promise immediate practical applications to technology or medicine. - Steven Weinberg 1933 to present Theoretical Physicist
- $5 Preloaded 30-Day wireless service at 2¢ per VOICE TEXT & 2¢/MB nationwide 2G 3G & 4G LTE Data. That's 250 minutes talk or 250 texts or 250 MB Data.
- Our prepaid sim cards are designed for users that need a minimal amount of airtime each month/year. Sim card is free and pre-cut in 3 sizes to fit any device, standard-sized SIM, Micro-sized SIM or/and a Nano-sized SIM card.
- Supports GPS tracking devices such as but not limited to vehicle trackers, kid/pets tracker, personal tracker, senior tracker.
- No Activation fee NO Contract NO Credit Check.
- Our service will work within the United States in partnership with T-Mobile Network. Roaming is not supported in our plans.
- Control any plug in device from anywhere and keep an eye on your device's energy usage using the Geeni app (iOS 8 or higher/Android 4.1 or higher)
- No hub required, Wi-Fi built-in
- Set your schedule and automatically tailor your plugged in devices to perfectly fit your life
- Save money, energy and the environment
- Voice control with Amazon Alexa & Google assistant
- Powerful function :pedometer, distance, calorimetric measurement, heart rate monitoring, blood pressure monitoring, blood oxygen monitoring, sleep monitoring, SMS and content alerts, alarm settings, incoming calls alert, caller ID display, application messages alert, find your phone, anti lost, reminder of exercise goal.
- Methods: scan the QR code on the manual or download "Wearfit" in APP store. Please make sure your phone Bluetooth function was turned on. Open "Wearfit", click the selection of link to bracelet, find the device name in the list and click it. Then enter the main interface. The "wearfit" app is compatible with Bluetooth 4 and above smart phones, iOS version 8 above, or Android version 4.4 above.
- To measure heart rate, blood pressure and oxygen, it need to wait for 1-2 minutes. The measurements are for reference only, as it's not a medical device after all.
- The bracelet is made of special silicone, comfortable for wearing, suitable for 5.5-8 inch various sizes of wrist. 80mA lithium battery, charging 1.5 hours about 5 days of standby time.
- Waterproof: waterproof grade IP67, can effectively prevent the rainwater, sweat, and prevent dust.