Chemistry unlike other sciences sprang originally from delusions and superstitions and was at its commencement exactly on a par with magic and astrology. ~ Thomas Thomson - 1773 to 1852
It does not help that some politicians and journalists assume the public is interested only in those aspects of science that promise immediate practical applications to technology or medicine. - Steven Weinberg 1933 to present Theoretical Physicist
Al-Ma'mun (786–833) Iraq – singing bird automata terrestrial globe.
Satyendra Nath Bose (1894–1974) India – work on gas-like properties of electromagnetic radiation Boson and providing foundation for Bose–Einstein statistics and Bose–Einstein condensate.
William Justin Kroll (1889–1973) Luxemburg/USA – Kroll process.
Yuri Trutnev (1927–) Russia – co-developer of the Tsar Bomb.
Aeneas Coffey (1780–1852) Ireland – heat exchanger Coffey still.
Simon Sunatori (born 1959) Canada – inventor of MagneScribe and Magic Spicer.
Hermann von Helmholtz (1821–1894) Germany – Helmholtz pitch notation Helmholtz resonator ophthalmoscope.
Alexandru Ciurcu (1854–1922) Romania – Reaction engine.
Anders Celsius (1701–1744) Sweden – Celsius temperature scale.
Niklaus Riggenbach (1817–1899) Switzerland – Riggenbach rack railway system Counter-pressure brake.
John McAdam (1756–1836) Scotland – improved "macadam" road surface.
Konstantin Tsiolkovsky (1857–1935) Russia – spaceflight.
Marcel Kiepach (1894-1915) Croatia - dynamo maritime compass that indicates north regardless of the presence of iron or magnetic forces.
John Howard Kyan (1774–1850) Ireland – The process of Kyanization used for wood preservation.
Shintaro Uda (1869–1976) together with Hidetsugu Yagi (1886–1976) Japan – Yagi-Uda antenna.
John Stringfellow (1799–1883) UK – aerial steam carriage.
Nikolai Polikarpov (1892–1944) Russia – Po-series aircraft including Polikarpov Po-2 Kukuruznik (world's most produced biplane).
Benjamin Franklin (1706–1790) USA – the pointed lightning rod conductor bifocal glasses the Franklin stove the glass harmonica.
Alexander Prokhorov (1916–2002) Russia – co-inventor of laser and maser.
Norman Joseph Woodland (1921–2012) together with Bernard Silver (1924–1963) USA – Barcode.
Archimedes’ finding that the crown was of gold was a discovery; but he invented the method of determining the density of solids. Indeed discoverers must generally be inventors; though inventors are not necessarily discoverers. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
This is an era of specialists each of whom sees his own problem and is unaware of or intolerant of the larger frame into which it fits. ~ Rachel Carson 1907 to 1964 - Marine Biologist
Chemists do not usually stutter. It would be very awkward if they did seeing that they have at times to get out such words as methylethylamylophenylium. ~ Sir William Crookes - 1832 to 1919
Every aspect of the world today – even politics and international relations – is affected by chemistry. ~ Linus Pauling - 1901 to 1994
I saw that people trying to synthesize gold and silver were working in ignorance and by false methods; I then perceived that they belonged to two classes the dupers and the duped. I pitied both of them. ~ Geber c. 712 – c. 815 AD
A physicist is an atom’s way of knowing about atoms. - George Wald 1906 to 1997 Neurobiologist
I am not insensible of the advantage which accrues to Applied Mathematics from the co-operation of the Pure Mathematician and this co-operation is not infrequently called forth by the very imperfections of writers on Applied Mathematics. ~ Ronald Fisher 1890 – 1962 - Mathematician Statistician Evolutionary Biologist
- This Bundle Includes 4 Items (Non OEM): Black Soft Skin, Armband, Screen Protector, and Smart Headphone Wrap
- Durable, Precise Cutouts Give Easy Access to All the Functionalities
- Offers Tough, Durable, Transparent Surface While Keeping the LCD Screen Clean and Reduce Fingerprints
- Compatible with Sandisk Sansa Clip Sport ONLY (MP3 Player Not Included)
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- TRUE HD HIGH FIDELITY SOUND Featuring latest Bluetooth 4.1 CSR technology and state of the art acoustic components that produce incredible sound quality with deep bass and crystal clear treble.
- COMFORTABLE AND SECURE FIT WITH IPX-7 WATERPROOF RATING - ActivBuds feature Ergonomically designed flexible ear hooks with gel flex silicone earbuds to ensure your headphones stay comfortably firm in place to guarantee fatigue free ears and tangle free comfort.
- LONGEST BATTERY LIFE - The new and improved lithium polymer battery allows seamless enjoyment of music for up to 8 hours and 240 hours stand-by with a quick charge of only 1.5 hours.
- BLUETOOTH V4.1 WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY WITH CVC 6.0 NOISE SUPPRESSION TECHNOLOGY - Connect seamlessly with all Bluetooth enabled devices up to 30 feet away. With Noise Suppression technology focus on your favorite music and answer calls without skips or missed words.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY AND BONUS ITEMS - Bonus Accessories with 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty and 30 days no-questions-asked return policy. Value for money guaranteed, Buy the Senso ActiveBuds worry free today.