Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” ~ Marie Curie 1867 to 1934
The ultimate truths of mathematics then cannot be established by any experimental proof that the deductions from them are true; since the supposed experimental proof takes them for granted. ~ Herbert Spencer 1885 – 1977 - Philospher
Vladimir Simonov (born 1935) Russia – APS Underwater Assault Rifle SPP-1 underwater pistol.
Friedrich Bergius (1884–1949) Germany – Bergius process (synthetic fuel from coal).
Sir Henry Cole (1808–1882) UK – Christmas card.
Claude Chappe (1763–1805) France – Semaphore line.
Baltzar von Platen (1898–1984) Sweden – gas absorption refrigerator.
Kary Mullis (born 1944) USA – PCR.
John Bardeen (1908–1991) USA – co-inventor of the transistor.
Georgi Nadjakov (1896–1981) Bulgaria – wikt:photoelectret.
Fe del Mundo (1911–2011) The Philippines – medical incubator made out of bamboo for use in rural communities without electrical power.
Yury Lomonosov (1876–1952) Russia/United Kingdom – first successful mainline diesel locomotive.
Ching W. Tang (born 1947) Hong Kong/USA together with Steven Van Slyke USA – OLED.
William Howard Livens (1889–1964) UK – chemical warfare – Livens Projector.
Camillo Golgi (1843–1926) Italy – Golgi's method (histology).
Ian Hector Frazer (born 1953) together with Jian Zhou (1957–1999) USA/China – HPV vaccine against cervical cancer.
S. Scott Crump (inv. c. 1989) USA – a.o. Fused deposition modeling.
Zénobe Gramme (1826–1901) Belgium/France – Gramme dynamo.
Alexander Fleming (1881–1955) Scotland – penicillin.
Gleb Lozino-Lozinskiy (1909–2001) Russia – Buran (spacecraft) Spiral project.
Forrest Parry (1921–2005) USA – Magnetic stripe card.
Otto Lilienthal (1848–1896) Germany – hang glider.
It is thus probable that germs of the lowest organisms known to us are continually being carried away from the earth and the other planets upon which they exist. As seeds in general so most of these spores thus carried away will no doubt meet death in the cold infinite space of the universe. Yet a small number of spores will fall on some other world and may there be able to spread life if conditions be suitable. ~ Svante Arrhenius 1859 to 1927 - Physical Chemist
Science is the acceptance of what works and the rejection of what does not. That needs more courage than we might think. - Jacob Bronowski 1908 to 1974 Mathematician Biologist
Time is the best appraiser of scientific work and I am aware that an industrial discovery rarely produces all its fruit in the hands of its first inventor. ~ Louis Pasteur - 1822 to 1895
I see some parallels between the shifts of fashion in mathematics and in music. In music the popular new styles of jazz and rock became fashionable a little earlier than the new mathematical styles of chaos and complexity theory. Jazz and rock were long despised by classical musicians but have emerged as art-forms more accessible than classical music to a wide section of the public. Jazz and rock are no longer to be despised as passing fads. Neither are chaos and complexity theory. But still classical music and classical mathematics are not dead. Mozart lives and so does Euler. When the wheel of fashion turns once more quantum mechanics and hard analysis will once again be in style. ~ Freeman Dyson b. 1923 - Mathematician and Physicist
Everything that human beings or living animals do is done by protein molecules. And therefore the kind of proteins that one has and therefore the ability one has is determined by the genes that one has. ~ Har Gobind Khorana 1922 – 2011 - Molecular Biologist
All of physics is either impossible or trivial. It is impossible until you understand it and then it becomes trivial. ~ Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937
Science is vastly more stimulating to the imagination than the classics. - J. B. S. Haldane 1892 to 1964 Biologist
- No Fitness,No Summer.Sports Fitness Tracker Powerful Function - Pedometer, Distance, Calories Burned Measuring, Sleep Monitor,Smart alarm clock, sedentary alert, finding phone, anti-lost alert, Incoming Call ID Show,SMS/Facebook/Twitter/WhatsApp/Linkedin/Instagram alert,calling reminder, camera remote capture, music control.(all this function need fitness watch synchronize with your smartphone by APP)
- Compatible with Smartphone: It can compatible with Android Os (above 4.4) and iPhone (above iOS 7.1). Download and install app"Veryfit for heart rate"to your smartphone from google play store or apple store, you can also scan QR code on the user manual. Then connect fitness tracker with smartphone by bluetooth.
- Cool Fashional Design: combined with fashion, sports and business. With 0.86 inch OLED HD Display screen.Slim, comfortable and easy to wear. You will barely feel like you have anything on your wrist at all. Charger is Attached to the band itself on th etop. It goes inside the band.
- No Charging Cable Needed - SMARTER fitness tracker can be removed off the strap and recharged from any 5V/1.0A USB power supply. Long-lasting battery: Just need to charge 1 hours and then you get a 7 days standby fitness tracker.
- Key Specifications: Bluetooth 4.0 smart bracelet with Call/MSM Reminder for Smart phone, IP67 water resistance. Please charge it fully when receiving smart bracelet.*Please Note: This product DOESN'T with heart rate monitor.
- ◆Smart fitness tracker! Use this revolutionary new device to track not only steps taken,but also distance traveled, calories burned and active minutes. You get INSTANT REMINDERS when CALLS or TEXTS are coming in, plus you can activate the Anti Lost feature to get alerted when your Phone becomes too far from the Smart Band. Never risk losing your phone again!
- ◆ADVANCED BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY MAKES YOUR LIFE EASIER ✔ Sync stats wirelessly and automatically to virtually any and every brand/model of Smart Phone. You get to take advantage of Bluetooth making connecting and transferring data to your Phone or mobile device a breeze every time.
- ◆IMPROVE SLEEP PATTERNS AND HABITS WITHOUT DISTURBING YOUR PARTNER ✔ Monitor how long and well you sleep, and wake only you (not your partner) with a silent alarm.
- ◆NEW DESIGN, USB interface, directly charging, convenient and quickly.It don't need the charge cable any more when you charge the wristband.
- ◆TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HELPFUL REMINDERS TO REACH YOUR GOALS QUICKER!! ✔ Set reminders to alert you when you have been sitting or motionless for too long. Take charge of your body today with our industry leading Smart Wristband! You'll get Serious versatility that can even transform your phone into a Remote Shooting Camera using the Smart Band to control the shots! ** Requires iOS 7.1 and above or Android 4.4 and above. This Smart Band Does NOT Work With WINDOWS PHONES.