Instead of being the biological center of the Universe I believe our planet is just an assembly station but one with a major advantage over most other places. The constant presence of liquid water almost everywhere on the Earth is a huge advantage for life especially for assembling life into complex forms by the process we call ‘evolution.’ ~ Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001 - Astrophysicist
A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. ~ Justus von Liebig - 1803 to 1873
Gary Starkweather (born 1938) USA – laser printer color management.
Albert Bruce Sabin (1906–1993) USA – oral Polio vaccine.
George de Mestral (1907–1990) Switzerland – Velcro.
William Thomson 1st Baron Kelvin (1824–1907) United Kingdom – Kelvin absolute temperature scale.
James Dyson (born 1947) UK – Dual Cyclone bagless vacuum cleaner incorporating the principles of cyclonic separation..
Wright brothers Orville (1871–1948) and Wilbur (1867–1912) – USA – powered airplane.
Felix Hoffmann (Bayer) (1868–1949) Germany – Aspirin.
Édouard Michelin (1859–1940) France – pneumatic tire.
Gustav Guanella (1909–1982) Switzerland – DSSS Guanella-Balun.
Alexandru Ciurcu (1854–1922) Romania – Reaction engine.
Annie Malone (1869–1957) USA – Cosmetics for African American women.
Corradino D'Ascanio (1891–1981) Italy – D'AT3 helicopter; Vespa scooter.
Henry Burden (1791–1871) Scotland and USA – Horseshoe machine first usable iron railed road spike.
James Dewar (1842–1923) UK – Thermos flask.
Ri Sung-gi (1905–1996) North Korea – Vinylon.
Bernard Silver (1924–1963) together with Norman Joseph Woodland (1921–2012) USA – Barcode.
Ignazio Porro (1801–1875) Italy – Porro prism Strip camera.
Ed Lowe (1920–1995) USA – Cat litter.
Norman Holter (1914–1983) USA – Holter monitor.
Pavel Molchanov (1893–1941) Russia – radiosonde.
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. ~ Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC - Scientist Philosopher
In my experience most mathematicians are intellectually lazy and especially dislike reading experimental papers. ~ Francis Crick 1916 – 2004 - Molecular Biologist
In practical applications we are concerned only with comparatively small numbers; only stellar astronomy and atomic physics deal with ‘large’ numbers and they have very little more practical importance as yet than the most abstract pure mathematics. ~ G. H. Hardy 1877 – 1947 - Mathematician
We were a polite society and I expected to lead a quiet life teaching mechanics and listening to my senior colleagues gently but obliquely poking fun at one another. This dream of somnolent peace vanished very quickly when (Ernest) Rutherford came to Cambridge. Rutherford was the only person I have met who immediately impressed me as a great man. He was a big man and made a big noise and he seemed to enjoy every minute of his life. I remember that when transatlantic broadcasting first came in Rutherford told us at a dinner in Hall how he had spoken into a microphone to America and had been heard all over the continent. One of the bolder of our Fellows said: “Surely you did not need to use apparatus for that.” ~ Geoffrey Fellows 1871 to 1937
Perhaps it is not amiss to remark that the biologist may not hope to solve the ultimate problems of life any more than the chemist and physicist may hope to penetrate the final mysteries of existence in the non-living world. ~ Edmund Beecher Wilson 1856 to 1939 - Geneticist Biologist
Physics is littered with the corpses of dead unified field theories. ~ Freeman Dyson b. 1923
I saw that people trying to synthesize gold and silver were working in ignorance and by false methods; I then perceived that they belonged to two classes the dupers and the duped. I pitied both of them. ~ Geber c. 712 – c. 815 AD
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products