A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. ~ Justus von Liebig - 1803 to 1873
There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. - Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Astronomer Mathematician
Philip Diehl (1847–1913) USA – Ceiling fan electric sewing machine.
Fritz Klatte (1880–1934) Germany – vinyl chloride forerunner to polyvinyl chloride.
William Snow Harris (1791–1867) United Kingdom – much improved naval Lightning rods.
Dean Kamen (born 1951) USA – Invented the Segway HT scooter and the IBOT Mobility Device.
David L. Mills (born 1938) USA – a.o. Fuzzball router Network Time Protocol.
Steve Kirsch (born 1956) USA – Optical mouse.
Herman Hollerith (1860–1929) USA – recording data on a machine readable medium tabulator punched cards.
Walter Houser Brattain (1902–1987) USA – co-inventor of the transistor.
Muhammad al-Fazari (d. 796/806) Persia – astrolabe.
James Clerk Maxwell (1831–1879) and Thomas Sutton Scotland – color photography.
Simon Sunatori (born 1959) Canada – inventor of MagneScribe and Magic Spicer.
Norman Holter (1914–1983) USA – Holter monitor.
Thomas J. Fogarty (born 1934) USA – Embolectomy catheter (medicine).
Alexander Smakula (1900–1983) Ukraine/Russia/USA – anti-reflective coating.
Aleksandr Dianin (1851–1918) Russia – Bisphenol A Dianin's compound.
Auguste Piccard (1884–1962) Switzerland – Bathyscaphe.
Wallace H. Coulter (1913–1998) USA – Coulter counter (cell biology).
Banū Mūsā brothers Muhammad (c. 800–873) Ahmad (803–873) Al-Hasan (810–873) Iraq – mechanical trick devices hurricane lamp self-trimming and self-feeding lamp gas mask clamshell grab fail-safe system mechanical musical instrument automatic flute player programmable machine.
Gavriil Adrianovich Tikhov (1875–1960) Russia – feathering spectrograph.
Joseph Constantine Carpue (1764–1846) France – rhinoplastic surgery.
Before the Copernican revolution it was natural to suppose that God’s purposes were specifically concerned with the earth but now this has become an unplausible hypothesis. If it is the purpose of the Cosmos to evolve mind we must regard it as rather incompetent in having produced so little in such a long time. ~ Bertrand Russell 1872 – 1970 - Mathematician and Philosopher
Did the genome of our cave-dwelling predecessors contain a set or sets of genes which enable modern man to compose music of infinite complexity and write novels with profound meaning? …It looks as though the early Homo was already provided with the intellectual potential which was in great excess of what was needed to cope with the environment of his time.” - Susumu Ohno 1928 to 2000 Geneticist
This most beautiful system of the sun planets and comets could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. And if the fixed stars are the centres of other like systems these being formed by the like wise counsel must be all subject to the dominion of One; especially since the light of the fixed stars is of the same nature with the light of the sun. ~ Isaac Newton 1642 to 1727
Outstanding examples of genius – a Mozart a Shakespeare or a Carl Friedrich Gauss – are markers on the path along which our species appears destined to tread. - Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001 Astrophysicist
Mathematics is the language in which the gods speak to people. ~ Plato c. 427 BC – c. 347 BC - Mathematician and Philosopher
The chief philosophical value of physics is that it gives the mind something distinct to lay hold of which if you don’t Nature at once tells you you are wrong. ~ James Clerk Maxwell 1831 to 1879
What exactly is mathematics? Many have tried but nobody has really succeeded in defining mathematics; it is always something else. Roughly speaking people know that it deals with numbers figures with relations operations and that its formal procedures involving axioms proofs lemmas theorems have not changed since the time of Archimedes. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
- The Circel Of Life, Circel Pendant Message " ancient meaning...circle of life dream meaning...success beyond your wildest dreams 21st century meaning...what goes around comes around whatever it means to you... believe, trust, and enjoy!! " Card Necklace.
- Perfect Gift For Yourself or Your loved ones. Symbol of good health and good luck.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated
- FE Message "ponte tu collar y pide deseo. si crees en ti mismo y en tu potencial, todo puede ser posible! usa tu collar para que siempre recuerdes que hay que tener fe." Card Cross Pendant Necklace.
- Environment Friendly Gold Plated, Carefully Handmade By Skilled Workman.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated, Spring Ring Clasp.
- Chain Length: 45 cm + 10 cm.
- Key To Success Message "make a wish and put on your necklace. it's no secret¡the key to success is doing what you love! wear your necklace as a reminder that you can do anything you set your mind and your heart to!" Necklace for Women.
- Gold Plated Alloy, Spring-Ring Clasp.
- 16" Necklace to Be Worn Alone or Layered.
- Perfect Gift for Yourself or Your Loved Ones.
- Each Necklace Comes in An Original Package.