Pure mathematics exist by themselves; no will produces them no power can limit them. They are eternal laws that no man can infringe and from which it is impossible to escape. ~ S. Sandaram Iyer 1883 - Philosopher
Still I had a lurking question. Would it not be better if one could really ‘see’ whether molecules as complicated as the sterols or strychnine were just as experiment suggested? ~ Dorothy Hodgkin - 1910 to 1984
Christiaan Huygens (1629–1695) Netherlands – pendulum clock.
Franz San Galli (1824–1908) Poland/Russia (Italian and German descent) – radiator modern central heating.
Thomas Savery (1650–1715) UK – steam engine.
Hedy Lamarr (1913–2000) Austria and USA – Spread spectrum radio.
János Csonka (1852–1939) Hungary – co-inventor of carburetor.
Seiichi Miyake (inv. 1965) Japan – Tactile paving.
Charles F. Brush (1849–1929) USA – a.o. Brush dynamo.
Andrei Tupolev (1888–1972) Russia – turboprop powered long-range airliner (Tupolev Tu-114) turboprop strategic bomber (Tupolev Tu-95).
Vladimir Sergeyevich Vakhmistrov (1897–1972) Russia – first bomber with a parasite aircraft (Zveno project).
Charles Goodyear (1800–1860) USA – vulcanization of rubber.
Muhammad al-Fazari (d. 796/806) Persia – astrolabe.
Samuel Morey (1762–1843) USA – internal combustion engine.
Alberto Gianni (1891–1930) Italy – Torretta butoscopica.
Josef Popper (1838-1921) Austria- discovered the transmission of power by electricity..
Leonty Shamshurenkov (1687–1758) Russia – first self-propelling carriage (a precursor to both bicycle and automobile) projects of an original odometer and self-propelling sledge.
Colin Murdoch (1929–2008) New Zealand – a.o. Tranquillizer gun disposable hypodermic syringe.
Karl Ferdinand Braun (1850–1918) Germany – cathode-ray tube oscilloscope.
Bi Sheng (Chinese: 畢昇) (c. 990–1051) China – clay movable type printing.
Charles Francis Richter (1900–1985) USA – Richter magnitude scale.
William Kennedy Laurie Dickson (1860–1935) UK – motion picture camera.
Why the dinosaurs died out is not known but it is supposed to be because they had minute brains and devoted themselves to the growth of weapons of offense in the shape of numerous horns. ~ Bertrand Russell 1872 – 1970 - Mathematician and Philosopher
Physics is littered with the corpses of dead unified field theories. ~ Freeman Dyson b. 1923
On the principle of successive variations not always supervening at an early age and being inherited at a corresponding not early period of life we can clearly see why the embryos of mammals birds reptiles and fishes should be so closely alike and should be so unlike the adult forms. ~ Charles Darwin 1809 to 1882 - Naturalist Evolutionary Biologist
Perhaps it is not amiss to remark that the biologist may not hope to solve the ultimate problems of life any more than the chemist and physicist may hope to penetrate the final mysteries of existence in the non-living world. ~ Edmund Beecher Wilson 1856 to 1939 - Geneticist Biologist
Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” ~ Marie Curie 1867 to 1934
A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. - Justus von Liebig 1803 to 1873 Chemist
Geometry is one and eternal shining in the mind of God. That men share in it is among the reasons that Man is the image of God. ~ Johannes Kepler 1571 – 1630 Mathematician and Astronomer
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- This Bundle Includes 4 Items (Non OEM): Black Soft Skin, Armband, Screen Protector, and Smart Headphone Wrap
- Durable, Precise Cutouts Give Easy Access to All the Functionalities
- Offers Tough, Durable, Transparent Surface While Keeping the LCD Screen Clean and Reduce Fingerprints
- Compatible with Sandisk Sansa Clip Sport ONLY (MP3 Player Not Included)
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- TRUE HD HIGH FIDELITY SOUND Featuring latest Bluetooth 4.1 CSR technology and state of the art acoustic components that produce incredible sound quality with deep bass and crystal clear treble.
- COMFORTABLE AND SECURE FIT WITH IPX-7 WATERPROOF RATING - ActivBuds feature Ergonomically designed flexible ear hooks with gel flex silicone earbuds to ensure your headphones stay comfortably firm in place to guarantee fatigue free ears and tangle free comfort.
- LONGEST BATTERY LIFE - The new and improved lithium polymer battery allows seamless enjoyment of music for up to 8 hours and 240 hours stand-by with a quick charge of only 1.5 hours.
- BLUETOOTH V4.1 WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY WITH CVC 6.0 NOISE SUPPRESSION TECHNOLOGY - Connect seamlessly with all Bluetooth enabled devices up to 30 feet away. With Noise Suppression technology focus on your favorite music and answer calls without skips or missed words.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY AND BONUS ITEMS - Bonus Accessories with 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty and 30 days no-questions-asked return policy. Value for money guaranteed, Buy the Senso ActiveBuds worry free today.