The chemists are a strange class of mortals impelled by an almost insane impulse to seek their pleasures amid smoke and vapor soot and flame poisons and poverty; yet among all these evils I seem to live so sweetly that may I die if I were to change places with the Persian king. ~ Johann Joachim Becher - 1635 to 1682
Chemists do not usually stutter. It would be very awkward if they did seeing that they have at times to get out such words as methylethylamylophenylium. ~ Sir William Crookes - 1832 to 1919
Enrico Fermi (1901–1954) Italy – nuclear reactor.
Hanaoka Seishū (1760–1835) Japan – General anaesthetic.
Stanislav Brebera (1925–2012) Czech Republic – Semtex explosive.
Frank Hornby (1863–1936) UK – invented Meccano.
Bob Kahn (born 1938) together with Vint Cerf (1943–) USA – Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
Jimmy Wales (born 1966) together with Larry Sanger (1968–) USA – Wikipedia.
René Laennec (1781–1826) France – stethoscope.
Max Bielschowsky (1869–1940) Germany – Bielschowsky stain (histology).
Nicholas McKay Sr. (1920–2014) USA – Lint roller.
Pavel Yablochkov (1847–1894) Russia – Yablochkov candle (first commercially viable electric carbon arc lamp).
Rudolf Hell (1901–2002) Germany – the Hellschreiber.
Leonard Rivkin (inv. 1962) USA – Child safety seat.
Petrus Jacobus Kipp (1808–1864) The Netherlands – Kipp's apparatus (chemistry).
Friedrich Clemens Gerke (1801–1888) Germany – current international Morse code.
Luigi Palmieri (1807–1896) Italy – seismometer.
Lin Yutang (1895–1976) China/USA – Chinese language typewriter.
George Constantinescu (1881–1965) Romania – creator of the theory of sonics a new branch of continuum mechanics.
Kia Silverbrook (born 1958) Australia – Memjet printer world's most prolific inventor.
Augustus Siebe (1788–1872) Germany/UK – Inventor of the standard diving dress.
Mario Ramberg Capecchi (born 1937) together with Sir Martin John Evans (born 1941) and Oliver Smithies (born 1925) USA – Knockout mouse Gene targeting.
All increasing or dominant species (and it is from these that new species arise) vary considerably in all their parts organs and faculties in every generation. ~ Alfred Russel Wallace 1823 to 1913 - Zoologist Evolutionary Biologist
Chemistry is necessarily an experimental science: its conclusions are drawn from data and its principles supported by evidence from facts. ~ Michael Faraday - 1791 to 1867
Valid criticism does you a favor. - Carl Sagan 1934 to 1996 Astronomer
Things are as they are because they were as they were. - Thomas Gold 1920 to present Astrophysicist
Perhaps it is not amiss to remark that the biologist may not hope to solve the ultimate problems of life any more than the chemist and physicist may hope to penetrate the final mysteries of existence in the non-living world. ~ Edmund Beecher Wilson 1856 to 1939 - Geneticist Biologist
A theory is a supposition which we hope to be true a hypothesis is a supposition which we expect to be useful; fictions belong to the realm of art; if made to intrude elsewhere they become either make-believes or mistakes. - George Johnstone Stoney 1826 to 1911 Physicist
Primates are visual animals above all and anatomical work in particular is as much pictorial as verbal. ~ Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 - Paleontologist
- Size: 4Pcs x 12x12inch (30x30cm), Giclee artwork, printed on high quality waterproof cotton canvas.
- Ready to Hang, Stretched and Framed, Easy Setup - Cord setup already, easy hold on the nails(Free accessories).
- Gallery wrapped on approximately 0.75"(2cm) wood bars, the image continues around the sides.
- Painting effect(Not 100% HD Clear) because canvas material rough surface. But OK in a 20 inches distance. (If fulfilled by Seller, Free Shipping, send out within 2-3 bussiness days- Shipping time 4-9 days)
- Brand "SMARTWALLSTATION" has been registered and protected.
- Size: 28" x 24"
- Color: Matte Black
- High-Quality Die-Cut Oracal Vinyl; Made In USA
- Written/Video Instructions Included
- Will not damage walls Non-transferrable
- Special Quote Ceramic Wall Hanging Art Sign
- * Size: 15 x 15 cm / 5.9 x 5.9 inch
- This tile has a smooth surface.
- It comes with a hook for hanging on the wall.