There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. - Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Astronomer Mathematician
Our thoughts visions and fantasies have a physical reality. A thought is made of hundreds of electrochemical impulses. ~ Carl Sagan 1934 to 1996 Astrobiologist Planetary Scientist
Semyon Lavochkin (1900–1960) Russia – La-series aircraft first operational surface-to-air missile S-25 Berkut.
Vladimir Shukhov (1853–1939) Russia – thermal cracking (Shukhov cracking process) thin-shell structure tensile structure hyperboloid structure gridshell modern oil pipeline cylindric oil depot.
Anastase Dragomir (1896–1966) Romania – Ejection seat.
Elmer R. Gates (1859–1923) USA – foam fire extinguisher electric loom mechanisms magnetic & diamagnetic separators educational toy ("box & blocks")*.
Alexei Tupolev (1925–2001) Russia – the Tupolev Tu-144 (first supersonic passenger jet).
Toshitada Doi (born 1943) Japan together with Joop Sinjou Netherlands – Compact disc.
John Bennett Fenn (1917–2010) USA – Electrospray ionization.
Edwin Beard Budding (1795–1846) UK – lawnmower.
Hon Lik (1951 - ) Chinese. electronic cigarette.
James Gosling (born 1955) USA – Java (programming language).
Charles F. Kettering (1876–1958) USA – invented automobile self-starter ignition Freon ethyl gasoline and more.
Mikhail Britnev (1822–1889) Russia – first metal-hull icebreaker (Pilot).
Tadeus Reichstein (1897–1996) Poland/Switzerland – Reichstein process (industrial vitamin C synthesis).
Gunther von Hagens (born 1945) Germany – whole body Plastination.
Harold P. Brown (1857–1944) USA – electrical safety equipment plastic rail bond electric contact alloy application of concrete with compressed air or steam.
Petro Prokopovych (1775–1850) Ukraine/Russia – early beehive frame queen excluder and other beekeeping novelties.
Peter Durand (inv. 1810) UK – canning using tin cans see also Nicolas Appert.
Paul Berg (born 1926) USA – created the first Recombinant DNA molecules.
Alan Blumlein (1903–1942) UK – stereo.
Cyril Duquet (1841–1922) Canada – Telephone handset.
A cylinder of air reaching to the top of the atmosphere is of equal weight with a cylinder of water about 33 feet high. ~ Isaac Newton 1642 to 1727
This is an era of specialists each of whom sees his own problem and is unaware of or intolerant of the larger frame into which it fits. ~ Rachel Carson 1907 to 1964 - Marine Biologist
I believe that new mathematical schemata new systems of axioms certainly new systems of mathematical structures will be suggested by the study of the living world. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
The condition of matter I have dignified by the term Electronic THE ELECTRONIC STATE. What do you think of that? Am I not a bold man ignorant as I am to coin words? ~ Michael Faraday 1791 – 1867
Before the Copernican revolution it was natural to suppose that God’s purposes were specifically concerned with the earth but now this has become an unplausible hypothesis. If it is the purpose of the Cosmos to evolve mind we must regard it as rather incompetent in having produced so little in such a long time. ~ Bertrand Russell 1872 – 1970 - Mathematician and Philosopher
Nearly 2.5 billion years of prokaryotic cells and nothing else – two-thirds of life’s history in stasis at the lowest level of recorded complexity… Why did life remain at stage 1 for two-thirds of its history if complexity offers such benefits? ~ Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 - Paleontologist
Experimental science hardly ever affords us more than approximations to the truth; and whenever many agents are concerned we are in great danger of being mistaken. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more