The black holes of nature are the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe: the only elements in their construction are our concepts of space and time. - Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995 Astrophysicist
Chemists do not usually stutter. It would be very awkward if they did seeing that they have at times to get out such words as methylethylamylophenylium. ~ Sir William Crookes - 1832 to 1919
David Boggs (born 1950) USA – Ethernet.
Min Chueh Chang (1908–1991) together with Gregory Goodwin Pincus (1903–1967) USA/China – Combined oral contraceptive pill.
Antoni van Leeuwenhoek (1632–1723) The Netherlands – development of the microscope.
Raul Cuero (born 1948) Buenaventura Colombia see Inventions and patents list.
Semyon Lavochkin (1900–1960) Russia – La-series aircraft first operational surface-to-air missile S-25 Berkut.
John Moses Browning (1855–1926) USA – Semi-automatic pistol.
Samuel Morey (1762–1843) USA – internal combustion engine.
Stepan Makarov (1849–1904) Russia – Icebreaker Yermak the first true icebreaker able to ride over and crush pack ice.
Eugene Roshal (born 1972) Russia – FAR file manager RAR file format WinRAR file archiver.
Charles F. Brannock (1903–1992) USA – Brannock Device (shoe size).
George William Manby (1765–1854) UK – Fire extinguisher.
Alfred William Gallagher (1911–1990) New Zealand – Electric fence for farmers.
Henry John Horstman Fenton (1854–1929) UK – Fenton's reagent (chemistry).
Frank Pantridge (1916–2004) Ireland – Portable defibrillator.
Hans Berger (1873–1941) Germany – first human EEG and its development.
Richard F. Lyon (1952–) USA – Optical mouse.
Jean-Joseph Etienne Lenoir (1822–1900) Belgium – internal combustion engine motorboat.
Spede Pasanen (1930–2001) Finland – a.o. ski jumping sling boat ski.
Irving Langmuir (1851–1957) USA – gas filled incandescent light bulb hydrogen welding.
Jacob Rabinow (1910–1999) USA – a.o. Magnetic particle clutch various Phonograph-related patents.
Mathematics is the language in which the gods speak to people. ~ Plato c. 427 BC – c. 347 BC - Mathematician and Philosopher
Although Nature needs thousands or millions of years to create a new species man needs only a few dozen years to destroy one. - Victor Scheffer 1906 to 2011 Biologist
Chemistry unlike other sciences sprang originally from delusions and superstitions and was at its commencement exactly on a par with magic and astrology. - Thomas Thomson 1773 to 1852 Chemist
I accept no principles of physics which are not also accepted in mathematics. ~ René Descartes 1596 to 1650
I am busy just now again on electro-magnetism and I think I may have got hold of a good thing. ~ Michael Faraday 1791 – 1867
There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. ~ Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Mathematician and Astronomer
Time is the best appraiser of scientific work and I am aware that an industrial discovery rarely produces all its fruit in the hands of its first inventor. ~ Louis Pasteur - 1822 to 1895
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products