I see some parallels between the shifts of fashion in mathematics and in music. In music the popular new styles of jazz and rock became fashionable a little earlier than the new mathematical styles of chaos and complexity theory. Jazz and rock were long despised by classical musicians but have emerged as art-forms more accessible than classical music to a wide section of the public. Jazz and rock are no longer to be despised as passing fads. Neither are chaos and complexity theory. But still classical music and classical mathematics are not dead. Mozart lives and so does Euler. When the wheel of fashion turns once more quantum mechanics and hard analysis will once again be in style. ~ Freeman Dyson b. 1923 - Mathematician and Physicist
Understanding the history of matter and searching for its most interesting forms such as galaxies stars planets and life seems a suitable use for our intelligence. - Robert Kirshner 1949 to present Astronomer
Valentyn Glushko (1908–1989) Russia – hypergolic propellant electric propulsion Soviet rocket engines (including world's most powerful liquid-fuel rocket engine RD-170).
Robert Moog (1934–2005) USA – the Moog synthesizer.
Carl Roman Abt (1850–1933) Switzerland – Abt rack railway system.
Mikhail Britnev (1822–1889) Russia – first metal-hull icebreaker (Pilot).
Louis Braille (1809–1852) France – Braille writing system Braille musical notation.
Neil Arnott (1788–1874) UK – waterbed.
Ted Hoff (born 1937) USA – microprocessor.
Charles Hall (1863–1914) USA – aluminum production.
Alexander Fleming (1881–1955) Scotland – penicillin.
Thomas Wedgwood (1771–1805) UK – first (not permanent) photograph.
Alexey Pajitnov (born 1956) Russia/USA – Tetris.
Robert Fulton (1765–1815) United States – first commercially successful steamboat first practical submarine.
Benjamin Chew Tilghman (1821–1897) USA – sandblasting.
George de Hevesy (1885–1966) Hungary – radioactive tracer.
Guido van Rossum (born 1956) The Netherlands – Python (programming language).
Vladimir Shukhov (1853–1939) Russia – thermal cracking (Shukhov cracking process) thin-shell structure tensile structure hyperboloid structure gridshell modern oil pipeline cylindric oil depot.
Annie Malone (1869–1957) USA – Cosmetics for African American women.
Seiichi Miyake (inv. 1965) Japan – Tactile paving.
Andrei Sakharov (1921–1989) Russia – invented explosively pumped flux compression generator co-developed the Tsar Bomb and tokamak.
Samuel Face (1923–2001) USA – concrete flatness/levelness technology; Lightning Switch.
Euclid’s work ought to have been any educationist’s nightmare… it never offers any “motivations ” it has no illuminating “asides ” it does not attempt to make anything “intuitive ” and it avoids “applications” to a fault. It is so “humorless” in its mathematical purism that… …it should have been spurned by students and “progressive” teachers in every generation. But it nevertheless survived intact all the turmoils ravages and illiteracies of the dissolving Roman Empire of the early Dark Ages of the Crusades and of the plagues and famines of the later Middle Ages. ~ Salomon Bochner 1899 – 1982 - Mathematician
Chemistry unlike other sciences sprang originally from delusions and superstitions and was at its commencement exactly on a par with magic and astrology. ~ Thomas Thomson - 1773 to 1852
Everything that human beings or living animals do is done by protein molecules. And therefore the kind of proteins that one has and therefore the ability one has is determined by the genes that one has. ~ Har Gobind Khorana 1922 – 2011 - Molecular Biologist
No two electrons in the same state? That is why atoms are so unnecessarily big and why metal and stone are so bulky. (Explaining that atoms are as large as they are because of Wolfgang Pauli’s Principle.) ~ Paul Ehrenfest 1880 – 1933
Physicists being in no way different from the rest of the population have short memories for what is inconvenient. ~ Anthony Standen 1907 – 1993
Time is the best appraiser of scientific work and I am aware that an industrial discovery rarely produces all its fruit in the hands of its first inventor. ~ Louis Pasteur - 1822 to 1895
Mathematics is the language in which the gods speak to people. ~ Plato c. 427 BC – c. 347 BC - Mathematician and Philosopher
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- Designed for a Healthy Life: Steps Counting, Find Your Phone, Camera Remote Control, Sedentary Reminder, SMS Reminding, Call Reminder, Incoming Calls Show, Calories Burned Measuring, and Sleep Management etc.
- The wristband is made of silicone, soft and skin friendly, very comfortable to wear. Using stretchy silicone material, the wearable maximum length is 7.6 inches, minimum length is 5.5 inches
- USB Connect: The whole display can be pulled out from the band and used as a USB stick. With a USB connector, it's very continent to charge the built-in battery via charger or computer
- Fit For: iPhone 4S or above (iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iTouch5, iPad3, iPad4, iPad air, iPad mini etc IOS 7.0 or above system) Android 4.3 or above, Bluetooth 4.0. Not Fit For: Lenovo, TCL, Asus phone
- If you have any question with the item, please email to: email@example.com, we will reply within 24 hours. We offer an 30-day money-back guarantee, if the purchase has any quality defect. Please be assured the purchase
- See notifications,SMS reminding,call reminder,Incoming calls show on the OLED display.
- How to PAIR DEVICE to your phone:Download and install the VERYFIT app from Apple Store or Google Play.Open app and click on Device Icon on the bottom of screen.Tap on "Bind Device" to search then click on "Bind" to confirm once found.Device should vibrate when bound.If the app does not find the device:press on Fit-Fire until you feel it vibrate to turn on and tap on "refresh",searching device again,then bind device,your device will be paired to phone.
- First time to use,take host out of the band,plug it into a USB port to charge(If you can not see the red indicator light,pls turn the host to other side to put in) the screen will activate.Then download APP 'Veryfit For Heartrate'/Veryfit OR Veryfit 2.0(This app can not control music,but the heart rate monitor is more accurate.And it is easy to connect with device.
- USB recharged design:Rechargeable & Long-lasting battery,about 7-10 Standby time/ 4 days Using time. Please charge it before running out of battery.30 minutes charging time is enough,do not charge it overnight.
- All day tracking:step counting,distance tracking,calorie burned; Sleep monitor: Incoming call notice,remote camera,music control,find phone,lost warning,out of range alarm. 1.First times to use,please recharge it and download APP"Veryfit For Heartrate"/VeryFit 2.0 from Apple Store or Google Play; 2.Data will be refreshed after using one day . You could find previous data in the app by click the button "Details".it can save on the band one week. So you must sync to it each week.Any problem, We promise to get back to you within 24 hours
- Purchase replacement band here - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G83K1HY
- 1) Pedometer:Record daily walking of steps and mileage. 2) Dear Friends,Please Note-Calls and SMS vibration reminders :Just for Android system mobiles,not for Apple system
- Sleep Monitor:TW64 is able to detect how long you sleep, through its health software, count up your time of deep sleep,light sleep.
- Stable charger:Unique charger guarantees that TW64 could be charging stably,even in the moving car or running ,climbling.
- The energy consumption:Calculate the daily consumption of calories and heat.