Did the genome of our cave-dwelling predecessors contain a set or sets of genes which enable modern man to compose music of infinite complexity and write novels with profound meaning? …It looks as though the early Homo was already provided with the intellectual potential which was in great excess of what was needed to cope with the environment of his time.” - Susumu Ohno 1928 to 2000 Geneticist
I am busy just now again on electro-magnetism and I think I may have got hold of a good thing. ~ Michael Faraday 1791 – 1867
Marcellin Berthelot (1827–1907) France – Berthelot's reagent (chemistry).
Karl Drais (1785–1851) Germany – dandy horse (Draisine).
Tivadar Puskas (1844–1893) Hungary – telephone exchange.
Louis Braille (1809–1852) France – Braille writing system Braille musical notation.
Jacob Christoph Le Blon (1667–1741) Germany/UK – three and four color Color printing.
Igor Spassky (born 1926) Russia – Sea Launch platform.
Sir William Siemens (1823–1883) Germany – regenerative furnace.
Eugene Polley (1915–2012) United States – wireless remote control (with Robert Adler).
Gustav Guanella (1909–1982) Switzerland – DSSS Guanella-Balun.
Benoît Fourneyron (1802–1867) France – water turbine.
Anthony R. Barringer (1925–2009) Canada/USA – INPUT (Induced Pulse Transient) airborne electromagnetic system.
Charles H. Henry (born 1937) USA – Quantum well laser.
Cornelius Drebbel (1572–1633) The Netherlands – first navigable submarine.
John Landis Mason (1826–1902) USA – Mason jars.
Bernard Silver (1924–1963) together with Norman Joseph Woodland (1921–2012) USA – Barcode.
Ernest Beaux (1881–1961) Russia/France – Chanel No. 5.
Robert Koch (1843–1910) Germany – method for culturing bacteria on solid media.
Robert Watson-Watt (1892–1973) Scotland – microwave radar.
Andrei Tupolev (1888–1972) Russia – turboprop powered long-range airliner (Tupolev Tu-114) turboprop strategic bomber (Tupolev Tu-95).
Adolphe Sax (1814–1894) Belgium – saxophone.
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 605 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
The literary convention that numbers less than 10 should be given in words is often highly unsuitable in mathematics… The excessive use of the word forms is regrettably spreading at the present time. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
There is no law except the law that there is no law. - John Archibald Wheeler 1911 to 2008 Theoretical Physicist
But though the professed aim of all scientific work is to unravel the secrets of nature it has another effect not less valuable on the mind of the worker. It leaves him in possession of methods which nothing but scientific work could have led him to invent. ~ James Clerk Maxwell 1831 to 1879
The uniform character of mathematics is the essence of science for mathematics is the foundation of all exact scientific knowledge. ~ David Hilbert 1862 – 1943 Mathematician
Botany consists in the gathering of plants and the dismembering of them in connection with the use of a complicated terminology. That is the beginning and end of botany as it is understood by the majority. ~ Herbert Maule Richards 1871 to 1928 - Botanist
This most beautiful system of the sun planets and comets could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. And if the fixed stars are the centres of other like systems these being formed by the like wise counsel must be all subject to the dominion of One; especially since the light of the fixed stars is of the same nature with the light of the sun. ~ Isaac Newton 1642 to 1727
- $5 Preloaded 30-Day wireless service at 2¢ per VOICE TEXT & 2¢/MB nationwide 2G 3G & 4G LTE Data. That's 250 minutes talk or 250 texts or 250 MB Data.
- Our prepaid sim cards are designed for users that need a minimal amount of airtime each month/year. Sim card is free and pre-cut in 3 sizes to fit any device, standard-sized SIM, Micro-sized SIM or/and a Nano-sized SIM card.
- Supports GPS tracking devices such as but not limited to vehicle trackers, kid/pets tracker, personal tracker, senior tracker.
- No Activation fee NO Contract NO Credit Check.
- Our service will work within the United States in partnership with T-Mobile Network. Roaming is not supported in our plans.
- Control any plug in device from anywhere and keep an eye on your device's energy usage using the Geeni app (iOS 8 or higher/Android 4.1 or higher)
- No hub required, Wi-Fi built-in
- Set your schedule and automatically tailor your plugged in devices to perfectly fit your life
- Save money, energy and the environment
- Voice control with Amazon Alexa & Google assistant
- Powerful function :pedometer, distance, calorimetric measurement, heart rate monitoring, blood pressure monitoring, blood oxygen monitoring, sleep monitoring, SMS and content alerts, alarm settings, incoming calls alert, caller ID display, application messages alert, find your phone, anti lost, reminder of exercise goal.
- Methods: scan the QR code on the manual or download "Wearfit" in APP store. Please make sure your phone Bluetooth function was turned on. Open "Wearfit", click the selection of link to bracelet, find the device name in the list and click it. Then enter the main interface. The "wearfit" app is compatible with Bluetooth 4 and above smart phones, iOS version 8 above, or Android version 4.4 above.
- To measure heart rate, blood pressure and oxygen, it need to wait for 1-2 minutes. The measurements are for reference only, as it's not a medical device after all.
- The bracelet is made of special silicone, comfortable for wearing, suitable for 5.5-8 inch various sizes of wrist. 80mA lithium battery, charging 1.5 hours about 5 days of standby time.
- Waterproof: waterproof grade IP67, can effectively prevent the rainwater, sweat, and prevent dust.