We are storytelling animals and cannot bear to acknowledge the ordinariness of our daily lives. - Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 Paleontologist
The ultimate truths of mathematics then cannot be established by any experimental proof that the deductions from them are true; since the supposed experimental proof takes them for granted. ~ Herbert Spencer 1885 – 1977 - Philospher
Robert Metcalfe (born 1946) USA – Ethernet.
Georges Claude (1870–1960) France – neon lamp.
David Chaum (born 1955) USA – a.o. Digital signatures ecash.
Igor Spassky (born 1926) Russia – Sea Launch platform.
Mikhail Lomonosov (1711–1765) Russia – night vision telescope off-axis reflecting telescope coaxial rotor re-invented smalt.
Sir Henry Cole (1808–1882) UK – Christmas card.
Evgeniy Chertovsky (born 1902) Russia – pressure suit.
Ted Hoff (born 1937) USA – microprocessor.
Hans Berger (1873–1941) Germany – first human EEG and its development.
Reverend Dr Robert Stirling (1790–1878) Scotland – Stirling engine.
Ida Rosenthal (1886–1973) Belarus/Russia/United States – modern bra (Maidenform) the standard of cup sizes nursing bra full-figured bra the first seamed uplift bra (all with her husband William).
Arturo Caprotti (1881–1938) Italy – Caprotti valve gear.
Andrey Chokhov (c. 1545–1629) Russia – Tsar Cannon.
Albert Coons (1912–1978) USA – Immunofluorescence (microscopy).
Émile Baudot (1845-1903) France - Baudot code.
Harry Coover (1917–2011) USA – Super Glue.
Donát Bánki (1859–1922) Hungary – inventor of the carburetor for the stationary engine.
Adolphe Kégresse (1879–1943) France/Russia – Kégresse track (first half-track and first off-road vehicle with continuous track) dual clutch transmission.
Heron (c. 10–70) Roman Egypt – usually credited with invention of the aeolipile although it may have been described a century earlier.
Su Song (1020–1101) China – first chain drive.
The time however has arrived when biology must like the other sciences make a fresh start in a purely speculative direction free from all entanglement with medical or any other art. ~ Auguste Compte 1798 to 1857 - Philosopher of Science
The condition of matter I have dignified by the term Electronic THE ELECTRONIC STATE. What do you think of that? Am I not a bold man ignorant as I am to coin words? ~ Michael Faraday 1791 – 1867
The legend that every cipher is breakable is of course absurd though still widespread among people who should know better. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
Science is the acceptance of what works and the rejection of what does not. That needs more courage than we might think. - Jacob Bronowski 1908 to 1974 Mathematician Biologist
Things are as they are because they were as they were. - Thomas Gold 1920 to present Astrophysicist
We think there is color we think there is sweet we think there is bitter but in reality there are atoms and a void. ~ Democritus c. 460 – c. 370 BC
Although Nature needs thousands or millions of years to create a new species man needs only a few dozen years to destroy one. - Victor Scheffer 1906 to 2011 Biologist
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products