Chemists do not usually stutter. It would be very awkward if they did seeing that they have at times to get out such words as methylethylamylophenylium. ~ Sir William Crookes - 1832 to 1919
Chemistry begins in the stars. The stars are the source of the chemical elements which are the building blocks of matter and the core of our subject. ~ Peter Atkins - 1940 to present
John J. Mooney (born c. 1928) together with Carl D. Keith (1920–2008) USA – three way catalytic converter.
Olivia Poole (1889–1975) USA – the Jolly Jumper baby harness.
George Pullman (1831–1897) USA – Pullman sleep wagon.
Paul Winchell (1922–2005) USA – the artificial heart.
Mikhail Tsvet (1872–1919) Russia – chromatography (specifically adsorption chromatography the first chromatography method).
Gheorghe Marinescu (1863–1938) Romania – the first science films in the world in the neurology clinic in Bucharest (1898–1901).
Remi Swierczek (born 1958) Poland – Inventor of Music Identification System and the Mico Changer (coin hopper and dispenser used in casinos).
Dawon Kahng (1931–1992) South Korea together with Simon Sze (1936–) Taiwan/USA – Floating-gate MOSFET.
Nestor Genko (1839–1904) Russia – Genko's Forest Belt (the first large-scale windbreak system).
Erna Schneider Hoover (born 1926) USA – computerized telephone switching system.
Irving Langmuir (1851–1957) USA – gas filled incandescent light bulb hydrogen welding.
George Ballas (1925–2011) USA – String trimmer.
James Watt (1736–1819) Scotland – improved Steam engine.
Iwan Serrurier (1878–1953) Netherlands/USA – inventor of the Moviola for film editing.
Gerolamo Cardano (1501–1576) Italy – a.o. Cardan grille (cryptography).
Lisitsyn brothers Ivan Fyodorovich and Nazar Fyodorovich Russia – samovar (the first documented makers).
Peter Carl Goldmark (1906–1977) Hungary – vinyl record (LP) CBS color television.
Alexei Krylov (1863–1945) Russia – gyroscopic damping of ships.
Robert Moog (1934–2005) USA – the Moog synthesizer.
Hiram Maxim (1840–1916) USA born UK – First self-powered machine gun.
I am busy just now again on electro-magnetism and I think I may have got hold of a good thing. ~ Michael Faraday 1791 – 1867
Actually everything that can be known has a Number; for it is impossible to grasp anything with the mind or to recognize it without this. - Philolaus c. 470 – c. 385 BC Scientist and Philosopher
When you hear a physicist invoke the uncertainty principle keep a hand on your wallet. ~ David Griffiths b. 1942
This is an era of specialists each of whom sees his own problem and is unaware of or intolerant of the larger frame into which it fits. ~ Rachel Carson 1907 to 1964 - Marine Biologist
Progress is made by trial and failure; the failures are generally a hundred times more numerous than the successes ; yet they are usually left unchronicled. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
I believe that thirty million of these animalcules together would not take up as much room or be as big as a coarse grain of sand. ~ Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 1632 to 1723 - Biologist
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. - Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC Scientist Philosopher
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- The Circel Of Life, Circel Pendant Message " ancient meaning...circle of life dream meaning...success beyond your wildest dreams 21st century meaning...what goes around comes around whatever it means to you... believe, trust, and enjoy!! " Card Necklace.
- Perfect Gift For Yourself or Your loved ones. Symbol of good health and good luck.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated
- FE Message "ponte tu collar y pide deseo. si crees en ti mismo y en tu potencial, todo puede ser posible! usa tu collar para que siempre recuerdes que hay que tener fe." Card Cross Pendant Necklace.
- Environment Friendly Gold Plated, Carefully Handmade By Skilled Workman.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated, Spring Ring Clasp.
- Chain Length: 45 cm + 10 cm.
- Key To Success Message "make a wish and put on your necklace. it's no secret¡the key to success is doing what you love! wear your necklace as a reminder that you can do anything you set your mind and your heart to!" Necklace for Women.
- Gold Plated Alloy, Spring-Ring Clasp.
- 16" Necklace to Be Worn Alone or Layered.
- Perfect Gift for Yourself or Your Loved Ones.
- Each Necklace Comes in An Original Package.