All of physics is either impossible or trivial. It is impossible until you understand it and then it becomes trivial. ~ Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937
Find the number such that if the whole of it is added to one-seventh of it the result will be nineteen. ~ The Ahmes Papyrus Ancient Egyptian mathematics problem from c. 2200 BC
Hiram Maxim (1840–1916) USA born UK – First self-powered machine gun.
Hedy Lamarr (1913–2000) Austria and USA – Spread spectrum radio.
Edmund Davy (1785–1857) Ireland – acetylene.
Yury Lomonosov (1876–1952) Russia/United Kingdom – first successful mainline diesel locomotive.
David Chaum (born 1955) USA – a.o. Digital signatures ecash.
Otto von Guericke (1602–1686) Germany – vacuum pump manometer dasymeter.
Boris Borisovich Galitzine (1862–1916) Russia – electromagnetic seismograph.
Tadeus Reichstein (1897–1996) Poland/Switzerland – Reichstein process (industrial vitamin C synthesis).
Karl-Hermann Geib (1908–1949) Germany / USSR – Girdler sulfide process.
Christian Schnabel (1878–1936) German – simplistic food cutleries.
Carl Friedrich Claus (c. 1883) Germany – Claus process (petrochemistry).
Harry Brearley (1871–1948) UK – stainless steel.
George Crum (1822–1914) USA – potato chips.
Edwin H. Land (1909–1991) USA – Polaroid polarizing filters and the Land Camera.
Mikhail Tikhonravov (1900–1974) Russia – co-developer of Sputnik 1 (the first artificial satellite) together with Korolyov and Keldysh designer of further Sputniks.
Evgeny Murzin (1914–1970) Russia – ANS synthesizer.
Albert Coons (1912–1978) USA – Immunofluorescence (microscopy).
Adolphe Sax (1814–1894) Belgium – saxophone.
Floyd Paxton (1918–1975) USA – a.o. Bread clip.
Ivan Polzunov (1728–1766) Russia – first two-cylinder steam engine.
Chemists do not usually stutter. It would be very awkward if they did seeing that they have at times to get out such words as methylethylamylophenylium. ~ Sir William Crookes - 1832 to 1919
Botany consists in the gathering of plants and the dismembering of them in connection with the use of a complicated terminology. That is the beginning and end of botany as it is understood by the majority. ~ Herbert Maule Richards 1871 to 1928 - Botanist
Mathematics is the language in which the gods speak to people. ~ Plato c. 427 BC – c. 347 BC - Mathematician and Philosopher
What exactly is mathematics? Many have tried but nobody has really succeeded in defining mathematics; it is always something else. Roughly speaking people know that it deals with numbers figures with relations operations and that its formal procedures involving axioms proofs lemmas theorems have not changed since the time of Archimedes. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
Progress is made by trial and failure; the failures are generally a hundred times more numerous than the successes ; yet they are usually left unchronicled. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
If your experiment needs statistics you ought to have done a better experiment. - Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937 Physicist
Valid criticism does you a favor. - Carl Sagan 1934 to 1996 Astronomer
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- Capture, Store and Relive Special Moments with this Ultra-Light Weight WEARABLE Camera!!!
- Camera + Camcorder: Snap Hi-Res 12 MegaPixel Images & Record Full HD 1080p Video
- 1.8 inch LCD Display Screen Allows you to View & Playback Real-Time Pictures and Videos
- Built-in WiFi for Wireless Connectivity & Control - Download the Free App: Snap Pics & Record Video with Your Smartphone! - Easy PC Connect: Save & Share
- Micro SD Card Slot for Easy File Sharing & File Transfer, card is NOT included - Integrated Microphone for Audio Recording - Includes Attachment Clip & USB Charging Cable.
- 1 hour live broadcasting
- 8MP image sensor
- Hd 720P30 video recording
- Free ion snapcam companion app (ios and android)
- Requires microsd card up to 32gb (not included)
- Capture 5MP photos stills
- 2.5 Hours of HD 720p video recording
- Shoots full HD 720p @ 30 fps video
- Requires microSD card up to 32GB (not Included)
- Free iON SnapCam companion app (iOS and Android)