In reality a theory in natural science cannot be without experimental foundations; physics in particular comes from experimental work. ~ Samuel C. C. Ting b. 1936
When you hear a physicist invoke the uncertainty principle keep a hand on your wallet. ~ David Griffiths b. 1942
Gerolamo Cardano (1501–1576) Italy – a.o. Cardan grille (cryptography).
Nicholas McKay Sr. (1920–2014) USA – Lint roller.
Gregory Goodwin Pincus (1903–1967) together with Min Chueh Chang (1908–1991) USA/China – Combined oral contraceptive pill.
Kotaro Honda (1870–1954) Japan – KS steel.
Jamshīd al-Kāshī (c. 1380–1429) Persia/Iran – plate of conjunctions analog planetary computer.
Walter Houser Brattain (1902–1987) USA – co-inventor of the transistor.
James Clerk Maxwell (1831–1879) and Thomas Sutton Scotland – color photography.
James Gregory (1638–1675) Scotland – Gregorian telescope.
Albert Hofmann (1906–2008) Switzerland – LSD.
George Ballas (1925–2011) USA – String trimmer.
Peter Durand (inv. 1810) UK – canning using tin cans see also Nicolas Appert.
Robert Cailliau (born 1947) Belgium – with Tim Berners-Lee the World Wide Web.
Roger Bacon (1214–1292) UK – magnifying glass.
Lev Artsimovich (1909–1973) Russia – tokamak.
Sharaf al-Dīn al-Tūsī (1135–1213) Persia/Iran – linear astrolabe.
Norman Joseph Woodland (1921–2012) together with Bernard Silver (1924–1963) USA – Barcode.
Muhammad ibn Zakarīya Rāzi (Rhazes) (865–965) Persia/Iran – distillation and extraction methods sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid soap kerosene kerosene lamp chemotherapy sodium hydroxide.
Lisitsyn brothers Ivan Fyodorovich and Nazar Fyodorovich Russia – samovar (the first documented makers).
Marcel Kiepach (1894-1915) Croatia - dynamo maritime compass that indicates north regardless of the presence of iron or magnetic forces.
Victor Makeev (1924–1985) Russia – first submarine-launched ballistic missile.
There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. ~ Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Mathematician and Astronomer
In my experience most mathematicians are intellectually lazy and especially dislike reading experimental papers. ~ Francis Crick 1916 – 2004 - Molecular Biologist
We must reason in natural philosophy not from what we hope or even expect but from what we perceive. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
Benjamin Franklin performed a beautiful experiment using surfactants; on a pond at Clapham Common he poured a small amount of oleic acid a natural surfactant which tends to form a dense film at the water-air interface. He measured the volume required to cover all the pond. Knowing the area he then knew the height of the film something like three nanometers in our current units. ~ Pierre-Gilles de Gennes 1932 to 2007
Things are as they are because they were as they were. - Thomas Gold 1920 to present Astrophysicist
Physics is actually too hard for physicists. ~ David Hilbert 1862 to 1943 (Mathematician)
The finding of the double helix thus brought us not only joy but great relief. It was unbelievably interesting and immediately allowed us to make a serious proposal for the mechanism of gene duplication. ~ James Watson 1928 – Present - Geneticist
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more