In reality a theory in natural science cannot be without experimental foundations; physics in particular comes from experimental work. ~ Samuel C. C. Ting b. 1936
A physicist is an atom’s way of knowing about atoms. - George Wald 1906 to 1997 Neurobiologist
Dean Kamen (born 1951) USA – Invented the Segway HT scooter and the IBOT Mobility Device.
Leo Baekeland (1863–1944) Belgian–American – Velox photographic paper and Bakelite.
Toshitada Doi (born 1943) Japan together with Joop Sinjou Netherlands – Compact disc.
John Frederic Daniell (1790–1845) United Kingdom – Daniel cell.
Emile Berliner (1851–1929) Germany and USA – the disc record gramophone.
Juan de la Cierva (1895–1936) Spain – the autogyro.
Ed Lowe (1920–1995) USA – Cat litter.
Joseph Swan (1828–1914) UK – Incandescent light bulb.
Mikhail Kalashnikov (1919–2013) Russia – AK-47 and AK-74 assault rifles (the most produced ever).
Yi Xing (683–727) China – astronomical clock.
Joseph-Armand Bombardier (1907–1964) Canada – snowmobile.
Mary Anderson (1866–1953) United States – windshield wiper blade.
Charles Lindbergh (1902–1974) USA – organ perfusion pump.
Leonty Shamshurenkov (1687–1758) Russia – first self-propelling carriage (a precursor to both bicycle and automobile) projects of an original odometer and self-propelling sledge.
Samuel Morse (1791–1872) USA – telegraph early Morse code see also Morse Code controversy.
Ilya Ilyich Mechnikov (1845–1916) Russia – probiotics.
Andrey Chokhov (c. 1545–1629) Russia – Tsar Cannon.
Aurel Persu (1890–1977) Romania – first aerodynamic car aluminum body with wheels included under the body 1922.
Charles K. Bliss (1897–1985) Austro-Hungary/Australia – Blissymbols.
Robert Moog (1934–2005) USA – the Moog synthesizer.
A theory is a supposition which we hope to be true a hypothesis is a supposition which we expect to be useful; fictions belong to the realm of art; if made to intrude elsewhere they become either make-believes or mistakes. - George Johnstone Stoney 1826 to 1911 Physicist
Chemistry is necessarily an experimental science: its conclusions are drawn from data and its principles supported by evidence from facts. ~ Michael Faraday - 1791 to 1867
In practical applications we are concerned only with comparatively small numbers; only stellar astronomy and atomic physics deal with ‘large’ numbers and they have very little more practical importance as yet than the most abstract pure mathematics. ~ G. H. Hardy 1877 – 1947 - Mathematician
There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. - Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Astronomer Mathematician
Our thoughts visions and fantasies have a physical reality. A thought is made of hundreds of electrochemical impulses. ~ Carl Sagan 1934 to 1996 Astrobiologist Planetary Scientist
The finding of the double helix thus brought us not only joy but great relief. It was unbelievably interesting and immediately allowed us to make a serious proposal for the mechanism of gene duplication. ~ James Watson 1928 – Present - Geneticist
It is thus probable that germs of the lowest organisms known to us are continually being carried away from the earth and the other planets upon which they exist. As seeds in general so most of these spores thus carried away will no doubt meet death in the cold infinite space of the universe. Yet a small number of spores will fall on some other world and may there be able to spread life if conditions be suitable. ~ Svante Arrhenius 1859 to 1927 - Physical Chemist
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products