It does not help that some politicians and journalists assume the public is interested only in those aspects of science that promise immediate practical applications to technology or medicine. - Steven Weinberg 1933 to present Theoretical Physicist
The black holes of nature are the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe: the only elements in their construction are our concepts of space and time. - Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995 Astrophysicist
Nikolay Ivanovich Pirogov (1810–1881) Russia – early use of ether as anaesthetic first anaesthesia in a field operation various kinds of surgical operations.
Joseph Aspdin (1788–1855) UK – Portland cement.
Dennis Gabor (1900–1979) Hungarian-British – holography.
Guido van Rossum (born 1956) The Netherlands – Python (programming language).
James Gosling (born 1955) USA – Java (programming language).
Léon Serpollet (1858–1907) France – Flash boiler Gardner-Serpollet steam car.
Jean-Joseph Etienne Lenoir (1822–1900) Belgium – internal combustion engine motorboat.
Levi Strauss (1829–1902) USA – blue jeans.
Sergei Winogradsky (1856–1953) Russia / USSR – Winogradsky column for culturing microorganisms.
Otto Schmitt (1913–1998) USA – Schmitt trigger (electronics).
Eugene Polley (1915–2012) United States – wireless remote control (with Robert Adler).
Henry Maudslay (1771–1831) UK – screw-cutting lathe bench micrometer.
Charles Thomson Rees Wilson (1869–1959) UK – Cloud chamber.
William Justin Kroll (1889–1973) Luxemburg/USA – Kroll process.
Gunther von Hagens (born 1945) Germany – whole body Plastination.
Svyatoslav Fyodorov (1927–2000) Russia – radial keratotomy.
Remi Swierczek (born 1958) Poland – Inventor of Music Identification System and the Mico Changer (coin hopper and dispenser used in casinos).
Frank Hornby (1863–1936) UK – invented Meccano.
Alexei Tupolev (1925–2001) Russia – the Tupolev Tu-144 (first supersonic passenger jet).
Slavoljub Eduard Penkala (1871–1922) Croatia – mechanical pencil.
Did the genome of our cave-dwelling predecessors contain a set or sets of genes which enable modern man to compose music of infinite complexity and write novels with profound meaning? …It looks as though the early Homo was already provided with the intellectual potential which was in great excess of what was needed to cope with the environment of his time.” - Susumu Ohno 1928 to 2000 Geneticist
Our thoughts visions and fantasies have a physical reality. A thought is made of hundreds of electrochemical impulses. ~ Carl Sagan 1934 to 1996 Astrobiologist Planetary Scientist
Outstanding examples of genius – a Mozart a Shakespeare or a Carl Friedrich Gauss – are markers on the path along which our species appears destined to tread. - Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001 Astrophysicist
The literary convention that numbers less than 10 should be given in words is often highly unsuitable in mathematics… The excessive use of the word forms is regrettably spreading at the present time. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
When you hear a physicist invoke the uncertainty principle keep a hand on your wallet. ~ David Griffiths b. 1942
Valid criticism does you a favor. - Carl Sagan 1934 to 1996 Astronomer
Actually everything that can be known has a number; for it is impossible to grasp anything with the mind or to recognize it without this. ~ Philolaus c. 470 – c. 385 BC - Scientist and Philosopher
- Provides total body muscle toning and cardio in one compact System
- Allows you to target a variety of muscle groups, including your upper, middle and lower ABS and obliques, thighs, gluts, calves, forearms, triceps and biceps
- COMP and portable
- Comes Fully Assembled, Adjustable dual resistance
- Exercise DVD & Fitness Guide Included
- Brand: Ollieroo®.
- Comes Fully Assembled,occupied area is small, easy to store and easy to carry.
- Dual resistance springs for ABS and core strengthening,Perfect for provides total body muscle toning and cardio in one compact system.
- Suitable for each stage of the fitness crowd, long service life-Adjustable resistance to accomodate both beginners and advanced users.
- Allows you to target a variety of muscle groups,including your upper,middle and lower ABS and obliques,thighs,gluts,calves,forearm,triceps,biceps,combines more than 14 great exercises.
- VERSATILE and CONVENIENT: Wonder Core Smart is so versatile it replaces 6 resistance gym equipment PLUS cardio to give you the total body workout from the comfort of your own home!
- EFFICIENT: Wonder Core offers dual resistance to work muscle groups on the way up, and down, to optimize results and get you the body you want and deserve!
- ADJUSTABLE resistance to accommodate beginners and advanced health and fitness enthusiasts!
- FREE Twister Board so you can incorporate new exercises to your daily workout routines!
- FREE Wonder Core Manual, DVD Guide, and Meal Plan. Note: The Wonder Core Smart comes fully assembled for easy usage.