The legend that every cipher is breakable is of course absurd though still widespread among people who should know better. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
Botany consists in the gathering of plants and the dismembering of them in connection with the use of a complicated terminology. That is the beginning and end of botany as it is understood by the majority. ~ Herbert Maule Richards 1871 to 1928 - Botanist
Augustus Siebe (1788–1872) Germany/UK – Inventor of the standard diving dress.
Hubert Schlafly (1919–2011) USA – Teleprompter = Autocue.
Charles Leiper Grigg (1868–1940) USA – 7 Up.
Fe del Mundo (1911–2011) The Philippines – medical incubator made out of bamboo for use in rural communities without electrical power.
Gustav Tauschek (1899–1945) Austria – Drum memory.
Peter Durand (inv. 1810) UK – canning using tin cans see also Nicolas Appert.
Cornelis Corneliszoon (1550–1607) The Netherlands – sawmill.
Boris Borisovich Galitzine (1862–1916) Russia – electromagnetic seismograph.
George Washington Carver (c. 1864 – 1943) USA – agriculture.
Nikolay Benardos (1842–1905) Russia – arc welding (specifically carbon arc welding the first arc welding method).
Chester Carlson (1906–1968) USA – Xerography.
Dennis Ritchie (1941–2011) USA – C (programming language).
Nikolay Dollezhal (1899–2000) Russia – AM-1 reactor for the 1st nuclear power plant other RBMK reactors VVER pressurized water reactors.
Richard Hamming (1915–1998) USA – Hamming code.
Bette Nesmith Graham (1924–1980) USA – Correction fluid Liquid Paper.
Heinrich Rohrer (1933–2013) together with Gerd Binnig (1947–) Switzerland/Germany – Scanning tunneling microscope.
Muhammad al-Fazari (d. 796/806) Persia – astrolabe.
Gerolamo Cardano (1501–1576) Italy – a.o. Cardan grille (cryptography).
Nils Bohlin (1920–2002) Sweden – the three-point seat belt.
Fujio Masuoka (1943–) Japan – Flash memory.
Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” - Marie Curie 1867 to 1934 Chemist Physicist
I believe that thirty million of these animalcules together would not take up as much room or be as big as a coarse grain of sand. ~ Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 1632 to 1723 - Biologist
Division is esteemed one of the busiest operations of Arithmetic and such as requireth a mind not wandering or settled upon other matters. ~ Thomas Hylles The arte of vulgar arithmeticke 1600 - Mathematician
The uniform character of mathematics is the essence of science for mathematics is the foundation of all exact scientific knowledge. ~ David Hilbert 1862 – 1943 Mathematician
Find the number such that if the whole of it is added to one-seventh of it the result will be nineteen. ~ The Ahmes Papyrus Ancient Egyptian mathematics problem from c. 2200 BC
Chemists do not usually stutter. It would be very awkward if they did seeing that they have at times to get out such words as methylethylamylophenylium. ~ Sir William Crookes - 1832 to 1919
What exactly is mathematics? Many have tried but nobody has really succeeded in defining mathematics; it is always something else. Roughly speaking people know that it deals with numbers figures with relations operations and that its formal procedures involving axioms proofs lemmas theorems have not changed since the time of Archimedes. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.