Simple laws can very well describe complex structures. The miracle is not the complexity of our world but the simplicity of the equations describing that complexity. ~ Sander Bais b. 1945 - Theoretical Physicist
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. - Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC Scientist Philosopher
C. Kumar N. Patel (1938–) India/USA – Carbon dioxide laser.
Nikolay Basov (1922–2001) Russia – co-inventor of laser and maser.
Nikolay Ivanovich Pirogov (1810–1881) Russia – early use of ether as anaesthetic first anaesthesia in a field operation various kinds of surgical operations.
Norman Wilkinson (1878–1971) UK – Dazzle camouflage.
Gheorghe Marinescu (1863–1938) Romania – the first science films in the world in the neurology clinic in Bucharest (1898–1901).
George Stephenson (1781–1848) UK – steam railway.
Guy Severin (1926–2008) Russia – extra-vehicular activity supporting system.
Robert Hooke (1635–1703) UK – balance wheel iris diaphragm acoustic telephone.
Sergey Malyutin (1859–1937) Russia – designed the first matryoshka doll (together with Vasily Zvyozdochkin).
James Gregory (1638–1675) Scotland – Gregorian telescope.
Sam Born Russia/USA – lollipop-making machine.
Miller Reese Hutchison (1876–1944) USA – a.o. Klaxon electric hearing aid.
William Cullen (1710–1790) UK – first artificial refrigerator.
George Eastman (1854–1932) USA – roll film.
Sergei Lebedev (1874–1934) Russia – commercially viable synthetic rubber.
Slavoljub Eduard Penkala (1871–1922) Croatia – mechanical pencil.
Kalman Tihanyi (1897–1947) Hungary – co-inventor of cathode ray tube and iconoscope.
Gerd Binnig (born 1947) together with Heinrich Rohrer (1933–2013) Germany/Switzerland – Scanning tunneling microscope.
Michele Ferrero (1925–2015) Italy – Kinder Surprise = Kinder Eggs Nutella.
William Henry Perkin (1838–1907) United Kingdom – first synthetic organic chemical dye Mauveine.
Euclid’s work ought to have been any educationist’s nightmare… it never offers any “motivations ” it has no illuminating “asides ” it does not attempt to make anything “intuitive ” and it avoids “applications” to a fault. It is so “humorless” in its mathematical purism that… …it should have been spurned by students and “progressive” teachers in every generation. But it nevertheless survived intact all the turmoils ravages and illiteracies of the dissolving Roman Empire of the early Dark Ages of the Crusades and of the plagues and famines of the later Middle Ages. ~ Salomon Bochner 1899 – 1982 - Mathematician
A cylinder of air reaching to the top of the atmosphere is of equal weight with a cylinder of water about 33 feet high. ~ Isaac Newton 1642 to 1727
With monads and diads and pentads and triads My brain has been addled completely; And what’s really meant by ‘something-valent ’ Is a question I give up discretely. ~ John Cargill Brough - 1834 to 1872
It is strange that only extraordinary men make the discoveries which later appear so easy and simple. - Georg C. Lichtenberg 1742 to 1799 Physicist
Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” ~ Marie Curie 1867 to 1934
There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. - Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Astronomer Mathematician
We cannot define anything precisely! If we attempt to we get into that paralysis of thought that comes to philosophers who sit opposite each other one saying to the other ‘You don’t know what you are talking about!’ The second one says ‘What do you mean by know? What do you mean by talking? What do you mean by you?’ and so on. ~ Richard Feynman 1918 to 1988
- Provides total body muscle toning and cardio in one compact System
- Allows you to target a variety of muscle groups, including your upper, middle and lower ABS and obliques, thighs, gluts, calves, forearms, triceps and biceps
- COMP and portable
- Comes Fully Assembled, Adjustable dual resistance
- Exercise DVD & Fitness Guide Included
- Brand: Ollieroo®.
- Comes Fully Assembled,occupied area is small, easy to store and easy to carry.
- Dual resistance springs for ABS and core strengthening,Perfect for provides total body muscle toning and cardio in one compact system.
- Suitable for each stage of the fitness crowd, long service life-Adjustable resistance to accomodate both beginners and advanced users.
- Allows you to target a variety of muscle groups,including your upper,middle and lower ABS and obliques,thighs,gluts,calves,forearm,triceps,biceps,combines more than 14 great exercises.
- VERSATILE and CONVENIENT: Wonder Core Smart is so versatile it replaces 6 resistance gym equipment PLUS cardio to give you the total body workout from the comfort of your own home!
- EFFICIENT: Wonder Core offers dual resistance to work muscle groups on the way up, and down, to optimize results and get you the body you want and deserve!
- ADJUSTABLE resistance to accommodate beginners and advanced health and fitness enthusiasts!
- FREE Twister Board so you can incorporate new exercises to your daily workout routines!
- FREE Wonder Core Manual, DVD Guide, and Meal Plan. Note: The Wonder Core Smart comes fully assembled for easy usage.