I have eaten 2/3 of 1/3 of my food ration. 7 remains. How much food did I start with? ~ Cuneiform Babylonian mathematics exercise 1900 – 1600 BC
Time is the best appraiser of scientific work and I am aware that an industrial discovery rarely produces all its fruit in the hands of its first inventor. ~ Louis Pasteur - 1822 to 1895
Carl Linnaeus (1707–1778) Sweden – formal Binomial nomenclature for living organisms Horologium Florae.
Félix d'Herelle (1873–1949) together with Giorgi Eliava (1892–1937) France / Georgia – Phage therapy.
Aaron D. O'Connell (born 1981) USA – first Quantum machine.
Gavriil Ilizarov (1921–1992) Russia – Ilizarov apparatus external fixation distraction osteogenesis.
Samuel Face (1923–2001) USA – concrete flatness/levelness technology; Lightning Switch.
Henri Giffard (1825–1882) France – powered airship injector.
John Herschel (1792–1871) UK – photographic fixer (hypo) actinometer.
Chuck Hull (born 1939) USA – 3D printer.
John Goffe Rand (1801–1873) USA – Tube (container).
Charles Lindbergh (1902–1974) USA – organ perfusion pump.
Mstislav Keldysh (1911–1978) Latvia/Russia – co-developer of Sputnik 1 (the first artificial satellite) together with Korolyov and Tikhonravov.
Genrich Altshuller (1926–1998) Russia – TRIZ ("The Theory of Solving Inventor's Problems").
Anatoly Alexandrov (1903–1994) Russia – anti-mine demagnetising of ships naval nuclear reactors (including one for the first nuclear icebreaker).
Rudolf Kompfner (1909–1977) USA – Traveling-wave tube.
Eduard Locher (1840–1910) Switzerland – Locher rack railway system.
Charles Francis Richter (1900–1985) USA – Richter magnitude scale.
John "Jack" Higson Cover Jr. (1920–2009) USA – Taser.
Hasan al-Rammah (fl.1270s) Syria – rocket-propelled torpedo.
Jimmy Hotz (born 1953) USA – Hotz MIDI Translator Atari Hotz Box.
Narcis Monturiol i Estarriol (1819–1885) Spain – steam powered submarine.
Pure mathematics exist by themselves; no will produces them no power can limit them. They are eternal laws that no man can infringe and from which it is impossible to escape. ~ S. Sandaram Iyer 1883 - Philosopher
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. ~ Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC - Scientist Philosopher
Archimedes’ finding that the crown was of gold was a discovery; but he invented the method of determining the density of solids. Indeed discoverers must generally be inventors; though inventors are not necessarily discoverers. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
Progress is made by trial and failure; the failures are generally a hundred times more numerous than the successes ; yet they are usually left unchronicled. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
The physical chemists never use their eyes and are most lamentably lacking in chemical culture. It is essential to cast out from our midst root and branch this physical element and return to our laboratories. ~ Henry Edward Armstrong 1848 to 1937
The country which is in advance of the rest of the world in chemistry will also be foremost in wealth and in general prosperity. ~ William Ramsay - 1852 to 1916
Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” ~ Marie Curie 1867 to 1934
- This Bundle Includes 4 Items (Non OEM): Black Soft Skin, Armband, Screen Protector, and Smart Headphone Wrap
- Durable, Precise Cutouts Give Easy Access to All the Functionalities
- Offers Tough, Durable, Transparent Surface While Keeping the LCD Screen Clean and Reduce Fingerprints
- Compatible with Sandisk Sansa Clip Sport ONLY (MP3 Player Not Included)
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- TRUE HD HIGH FIDELITY SOUND Featuring latest Bluetooth 4.1 CSR technology and state of the art acoustic components that produce incredible sound quality with deep bass and crystal clear treble.
- COMFORTABLE AND SECURE FIT WITH IPX-7 WATERPROOF RATING - ActivBuds feature Ergonomically designed flexible ear hooks with gel flex silicone earbuds to ensure your headphones stay comfortably firm in place to guarantee fatigue free ears and tangle free comfort.
- LONGEST BATTERY LIFE - The new and improved lithium polymer battery allows seamless enjoyment of music for up to 8 hours and 240 hours stand-by with a quick charge of only 1.5 hours.
- BLUETOOTH V4.1 WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY WITH CVC 6.0 NOISE SUPPRESSION TECHNOLOGY - Connect seamlessly with all Bluetooth enabled devices up to 30 feet away. With Noise Suppression technology focus on your favorite music and answer calls without skips or missed words.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY AND BONUS ITEMS - Bonus Accessories with 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty and 30 days no-questions-asked return policy. Value for money guaranteed, Buy the Senso ActiveBuds worry free today.