I am busy just now again on electro-magnetism and I think I may have got hold of a good thing. ~ Michael Faraday 1791 – 1867
What is possible in the Cavendish Laboratory may not be too difficult in the sun. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
Adolph Giesl-Gieslingen (1903–1992) Austria – Giesl ejector.
Charlie Booth (1903–2008) Australia – Starting blocks.
Levi Strauss (1829–1902) USA – blue jeans.
Gerd Binnig (born 1947) with Christoph Gerber (?–) and with Calvin Quate (born 1923) Germany/Switzerland/USA – Atomic force microscope.
Emmett Chapman (1936–) US – Chapman Stick.
Ward Christensen (inv. 1978–) USA – Bulletin board system.
Anthony Michell (1870–1959) Australia – tilting pad thrust bearing crankless engine.
Rowland Hill (1795–1879) UK – postage stamp.
Karl Drais (1785–1851) Germany – dandy horse (Draisine).
Nikolai Lebedenko Russia – Tsar Tank the largest armored vehicle in history.
Grace Murray Hopper (1906–1992) USA – Compiler.
Alexander Parkes (1831–1890) UK – celluloid.
Julio Palmaz (born 1945) Argentina – balloon-expandable stent.
Muhammad ibn Jābir al-Harrānī al-Battānī (Albatenius) (853-929) Syria/Turkey – observation tube.
Donát Bánki (1859–1922) Hungary – inventor of the carburetor for the stationary engine.
Émile Baudot (1845-1903) France - Baudot code.
Franc Trkman (1903–1978) Slovenia – electrical switches accessories for opening windows.
Charles F. Brush (1849–1929) USA – a.o. Brush dynamo.
William George Armstrong (1810–1900) UK – hydraulic accumulator.
Gilles de Roberval (1602–1675) France – Roberval balance.
Before the Copernican revolution it was natural to suppose that God’s purposes were specifically concerned with the earth but now this has become an unplausible hypothesis. If it is the purpose of the Cosmos to evolve mind we must regard it as rather incompetent in having produced so little in such a long time. ~ Bertrand Russell 1872 – 1970 - Mathematician and Philosopher
Although Nature needs thousands or millions of years to create a new species man needs only a few dozen years to destroy one. - Victor Scheffer 1906 to 2011 Biologist
The invention of logarithms came to the world as a bolt from the blue. No previous work had led up to it… It stands isolated breaking in upon human thought abruptly without borrowing from the work of other intellects or following known lines of mathematical thought. ~ John Moulton 1844 – 1921 - Mathematician
The finding of the double helix thus brought us not only joy but great relief. It was unbelievably interesting and immediately allowed us to make a serious proposal for the mechanism of gene duplication. ~ James Watson 1928 – Present - Geneticist
Pure mathematics exist by themselves; no will produces them no power can limit them. They are eternal laws that no man can infringe and from which it is impossible to escape. ~ S. Sandaram Iyer 1883 - Philosopher
Physics is littered with the corpses of dead unified field theories. ~ Freeman Dyson b. 1923
In our work we are always between Scylla and Charybdis; we may fail to abstract enough and miss important physics or we may abstract too much and end up with fictitious objects in our models turning into real monsters that devour us. ~ Murray Gell-Mann b. 1929
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more