There is no law except the law that there is no law. - John Archibald Wheeler 1911 to 2008 Theoretical Physicist
In our work we are always between Scylla and Charybdis; we may fail to abstract enough and miss important physics or we may abstract too much and end up with fictitious objects in our models turning into real monsters that devour us. ~ Murray Gell-Mann b. 1929
Valentyn Glushko (1908–1989) Russia – hypergolic propellant electric propulsion Soviet rocket engines (including world's most powerful liquid-fuel rocket engine RD-170).
Gavriil Adrianovich Tikhov (1875–1960) Russia – feathering spectrograph.
James Hargreaves (1720–1778) UK – spinning jenny.
Daniel Axelrod (inv. 1980) USA – Total internal reflection fluorescence microscope.
Fujio Masuoka (1943–) Japan – Flash memory.
Wallace H. Coulter (1913–1998) USA – Coulter counter (cell biology).
William Cumberland Cruikshank (1745–1800) UK – chlorinated water.
Alexander Bereznyak (1912–1974) Russia – first rocket-powered fighter aircraft BI-1 (together with Isaev).
Alexey Dushkin (1904–1977) Russia – deep column station.
Josef Popper (1838-1921) Austria- discovered the transmission of power by electricity..
Artur Fischer (born 1919) Germany – fasteners including fischertechnik..
Gordon Gould (1920–2005) USA – Laser see also Theodore Maiman.
Kotaro Honda (1870–1954) Japan – KS steel.
Carl Roman Abt (1850–1933) Switzerland – Abt rack railway system.
Georgios Papanikolaou (1883–1962) Greece / USA – Papanicolaou stain Pap test = Pap smear.
Miller Reese Hutchison (1876–1944) USA – a.o. Klaxon electric hearing aid.
James Clerk Maxwell (1831–1879) and Thomas Sutton Scotland – color photography.
Gary Starkweather (born 1938) USA – laser printer color management.
George Cayley (1773–1857) UK – glider tension-spoke wheels Caterpillar track.
Hub van Doorne (1900–1979) Netherlands Variomatic continuously variable transmission.
A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. ~ Justus von Liebig - 1803 to 1873
We are storytelling animals and cannot bear to acknowledge the ordinariness of our daily lives. - Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 Paleontologist
Suppose we have an unknown number of objects. When counted in threes 2 are left over when counted in fives 3 are left over and when counted in sevens 2 are left over. How many objects are there? ~ Sunzi The Mathematical Classic of Sunzi - Chinese mathematics problem from c. 450 AD
Although the alternate ‘wax and wane’ cycles are the rule rather than the exception in all fields of human endeavor in that of biological sciences the ‘wane’ is all too often indicative of a justified loss of faith in the rational and methodical approach that had at first raised so much hope. ~ Rita Levi-Montalcini 1909 to 2012 Neurobiologist
Chemists do not usually stutter. It would be very awkward if they did seeing that they have at times to get out such words as methylethylamylophenylium. ~ Sir William Crookes - 1832 to 1919
We were a polite society and I expected to lead a quiet life teaching mechanics and listening to my senior colleagues gently but obliquely poking fun at one another. This dream of somnolent peace vanished very quickly when (Ernest) Rutherford came to Cambridge. Rutherford was the only person I have met who immediately impressed me as a great man. He was a big man and made a big noise and he seemed to enjoy every minute of his life. I remember that when transatlantic broadcasting first came in Rutherford told us at a dinner in Hall how he had spoken into a microphone to America and had been heard all over the continent. One of the bolder of our Fellows said: “Surely you did not need to use apparatus for that.” ~ Geoffrey Fellows 1871 to 1937
God created two acts of folly. First He created the Universe in a Big Bang. Second He was negligent enough to leave behind evidence for this act in the form of microwave radiation. - Paul Erdős 1913 to 1996 Mathematician
- 720p HD to capture clear images for your records and while using 2-way audio (built-in microphone and speaker). 720P/20FPS,700Kbps; 360P/20FPS,200Kbps.
- 110 wide-angle lens, 940nm infrared non-invasive sensor. Capture the scene in clarity with the wide-angle lens and IR LED Night Vision Up to 32 feet. The non-invasive sensor will not disturb your sleeping children.
- Reliable Wi-Fi connectivity to access your camera with 360 Home App on mobile device at anytime, anywhere.Stay in Touch with Two Way Talk, Intelligent Motion Alerts, Snapshots as well as Mobile Apps.
- Secure your videos on a Micro SD card, own your video content and access video history anytime. Supports up to 32GB Micro SD card.
- Real-time streaming to your phone & activity alerts when motion is detected. 360 Home App allows you to customize your settings according to your preferences. Available for iOS and Android.
- 720p High-definition, 112° wide-angle advanced glass lens combined with 345° horizontal & 115° vertical rotation range create a complete 360° coverage. Advanced night vision with 8 built-in 940nm infrared LED beads extend the viewing distance to 3 meters in pitch dark with no light pollution, so your baby or pet will not be disturbed by LED glare.
- Responsive and advanced microphone with a built-in anti-noise filter for a clear 2-way Audio experience. Intercom Mode: one party to talk and listen at a time or Hands-free Mode: both parties talk and listen freely for maximum flexibility.
- Receive real-time Activity Alerts while you're out. 10-sec motion tracking records and centers the moving object. Bookmark your favorite positions (up to 8) and return to them at the tap of a button. Select Auto-Cruise to survey the area 360° horizontally or cruise your bookmarks, suitable for large areas that need a quick scan (and tracks moving objects).
- YI Dome integrates with your YI Home family in one simple interface. User-friendly and intuitive app to customize your settings: activity alerts, auto-cruise, bookmarks, camera sharing, customize schedules, and more. Supports connectivity to a large number of devices with the same app/account for maximum convenience. Available for iOS and Android.
- Supports YI Cloud to avoid the risk of losing footage from an SD card, ensure all your videos are safe, secure and protected. We provide the most efficient compression and the highest protection of data, so you can be sure that your footage is safe and secure. Reliable Wi-Fi connectivity to access your camera with YI Home App on mobile device, and YI Home App on PC at anytime, anywhere. Built-in support for 802.11b/g/n 2.4Ghz (5Ghz currently not supported) Wi-Fi band.
- √ True 720p HD, 115° Wide Viewing Angle - 115° angle lens lets you see more of your space in true 720p without ever having to pan or tilt. Equipped with automatic IR LED, you can even remotely check if your baby is sleeping well or not during the night!
- √ Two-way Audio - Funlux security camera lets you communicate with your loved ones with built-in speaker and microphone. You can also share your device to families and friends, take and record photos to save sweet memories!
- √ Motion Detection - You will be notified with push alerts on your phone when motion is detected, enjoying peace of mind! Customize motion detection area and schedule notification time through Fulnlux app so that you can focus on things that are truly important!
- √ Free Cloud Service: All users are eligible for a 1-month free cloud of our 7 day cloud recording plan. Cloud Service requires no subscription and no credit card credentials. With the plan, you can review, save, and share footage at any time, and reduce false alerts with cloud intelligence.
- √ Please contact us via Amazon Message for any questions. You'll get 60-Day Money Back Guarantee, 2-Year Limited Warranty, Lifetime US-Based Tech Support! Note: These cameras are for indoor use only.