But though the professed aim of all scientific work is to unravel the secrets of nature it has another effect not less valuable on the mind of the worker. It leaves him in possession of methods which nothing but scientific work could have led him to invent. ~ James Clerk Maxwell 1831 to 1879
What is possible in the Cavendish Laboratory may not be too difficult in the sun. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
Jozef Murgas (1864–1929) Slovakia – inventor of the wireless telegraph (forerunner of the radio).
Josef Ressel (1793–1857) Czechoslovakia – ship propeller.
Federico Faggin (born 1941) Italy – microprocessor.
Rachel Fuller Brown (1898–1980) USA – Nystatin the world's first antifungal antibiotic.
Dean Kamen (born 1951) USA – Invented the Segway HT scooter and the IBOT Mobility Device.
Mutsuo Sugiura (1918–1986) China – Esophagogastroduodenoscope.
Josephine Cochrane (1839–1913) USA – dishwasher.
William George Armstrong (1810–1900) UK – hydraulic accumulator.
William Morrison (dentist) (1860–1926) USA – a.o. Cotton candy machine.
Arthur Wynne (1862–1945) UK – creator of crossword puzzle.
Petro Prokopovych (1775–1850) Ukraine/Russia – early beehive frame queen excluder and other beekeeping novelties.
David Brewster (1781–1868) United Kingdom – Kaleidoscope.
George Westinghouse (1846–1914) USA – Air brake (rail).
Hasan al-Rammah (fl.1270s) Syria – rocket-propelled torpedo.
Christopher Cockerell (1910–1999) UK – Hovercraft.
Gerhard Sessler (born 1931) Germany – foil electret microphone silicon microphone.
Jean-François Pilâtre de Rozier (1754–1785) France – Rozière balloon.
Edwin H. Land (1909–1991) USA – Polaroid polarizing filters and the Land Camera.
Marcel Kiepach (1894-1915) Croatia - dynamo maritime compass that indicates north regardless of the presence of iron or magnetic forces.
James Homer Wright (1869–1928) USA – Wright's stain (histology).
If physics and biology one day meet and one of the two is swallowed up that one will be biology. ~ J. B. S. Haldane 1892 to 1964 - Biologist
Dr. Ikemoto repeatedly told me that we should not perform research that simply reproduced somebody else’s results. Rather we should do something unique and new. ~ Shinya Yamanaka 1962 to Present - Stem Cell Biologist
It is strange that only extraordinary men make the discoveries which later appear so easy and simple. - Georg C. Lichtenberg 1742 to 1799 Physicist
Outstanding examples of genius – a Mozart a Shakespeare or a Carl Friedrich Gauss – are markers on the path along which our species appears destined to tread. - Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001 Astrophysicist
Botany consists in the gathering of plants and the dismembering of them in connection with the use of a complicated terminology. That is the beginning and end of botany as it is understood by the majority. ~ Herbert Maule Richards 1871 to 1928 - Botanist
Biology is the study of the complex things in the Universe. Physics is the study of the simple ones. ~ Richard Dawkins 1941 – present - Evolutionary Biologist
A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. - Justus von Liebig 1803 to 1873 Chemist
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more