Did the genome of our cave-dwelling predecessors contain a set or sets of genes which enable modern man to compose music of infinite complexity and write novels with profound meaning? …It looks as though the early Homo was already provided with the intellectual potential which was in great excess of what was needed to cope with the environment of his time.” - Susumu Ohno 1928 to 2000 Geneticist
Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” - Marie Curie 1867 to 1934 Chemist Physicist
Guglielmo Marconi (1874–1937) Italy – radio telegraphy.
Baltzar von Platen (1898–1984) Sweden – gas absorption refrigerator.
Joseph Plateau (1801–1883) Belgium – phenakistiscope (stroboscope).
Salih Tahtawi (fl.1659–1660) Mughal India – seamless globe and celestial globe.
Laszlo Biro (1899–1985) Hungary – modern ballpoint pen.
Sergey Malyutin (1859–1937) Russia – designed the first matryoshka doll (together with Vasily Zvyozdochkin).
Jan Czochralski (1885–1953) Poland / Germany – Czochralski process (crystal growth).
Stephen Perry UK (fl. 19th century) – rubber band.
Petrache Poenaru (1799–1875) Romania – fountain pen.
Al-Sijzi (c. 945–1020) Persia/Iran – heliocentric astrolabe.
Lisitsyn brothers Ivan Fyodorovich and Nazar Fyodorovich Russia – samovar (the first documented makers).
Sten Gustaf Thulin (around the 1960s) Sweden– disposable Plastic shopping bag.
Abd al-Rahman al-Sufi (Azophi) (903–986) Persia/Iran – timekeeping astrolabe navigational astrolabe surveying astrolabe.
Heinrich Göbel (1818–1893) Germany – incandescent lamp.
Zang-Hee Cho (born 1936) South Korea – co-inventor of Positron emission tomography and PET-MRI.
Jean Bernard Léon Foucault (1819–1868) France – Foucault pendulum gyroscope eddy current.
Henry John Horstman Fenton (1854–1929) UK – Fenton's reagent (chemistry).
Gunther von Hagens (born 1945) Germany – whole body Plastination.
Gerd Binnig (born 1947) with Christoph Gerber (?–) and with Calvin Quate (born 1923) Germany/Switzerland/USA – Atomic force microscope.
Stanislav Brebera (1925–2012) Czech Republic – Semtex explosive.
On the principle of successive variations not always supervening at an early age and being inherited at a corresponding not early period of life we can clearly see why the embryos of mammals birds reptiles and fishes should be so closely alike and should be so unlike the adult forms. ~ Charles Darwin 1809 to 1882 - Naturalist Evolutionary Biologist
It is a platitude that pure mathematics can have unexpected consequences and affect even daily life. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
Nearly 2.5 billion years of prokaryotic cells and nothing else – two-thirds of life’s history in stasis at the lowest level of recorded complexity… Why did life remain at stage 1 for two-thirds of its history if complexity offers such benefits? ~ Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 - Paleontologist
This most beautiful system of the sun planets and comets could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. And if the fixed stars are the centres of other like systems these being formed by the like wise counsel must be all subject to the dominion of One; especially since the light of the fixed stars is of the same nature with the light of the sun. ~ Isaac Newton 1642 to 1727
Chemistry unlike other sciences sprang originally from delusions and superstitions and was at its commencement exactly on a par with magic and astrology. ~ Thomas Thomson - 1773 to 1852
With monads and diads and pentads and triads My brain has been addled completely; And what’s really meant by ‘something-valent ’ Is a question I give up discretely. ~ John Cargill Brough - 1834 to 1872
Everything that human beings or living animals do is done by protein molecules. And therefore the kind of proteins that one has and therefore the ability one has is determined by the genes that one has. ~ Har Gobind Khorana 1922 – 2011 - Molecular Biologist
- 1. Two stylish watch faces and an adjustable band perfectly paired with 1.54-inch smooth touch screen
- 2. Phone function: Make phone call directly from the smart watch,including answering and dial-up.SIM slot,support make calls by Bluetooth or smart watch
- 3. The lost function: Seek mobile phone,Tow-way anti lost
- 4. Water resistent -resist water splash.This is a new Bluetooth Smart Watch which is compatible with Bluetooth 3.0 or above ,support Android 4.2 or above,and the IOS 7.0 or above
- 5. For iphone, it only synced with the phone callings , contacts. Other functions like Pedometer, Calendar, Calculator, Clock, Stopwatch, Music player also work with the watch independently.
- ADVANCED CONFIGURATION: CPU MTK2502C, perfectly support both IOS and Android OS. 1.3 inch HD IPS LCD Round Screen, 2.5 D radian capacitive touch screen, OGS, non-air-gap, which makes it more upscale and comfortable wearing. Magentic charger, Real 340 mAh high power polymer battery, stand by >5 days, normal use > 1 days. Fantastic design for UI, and customized is acceptable.
- SIDE TWO-IN-ONE SIM/TF CARD SLOT: PATENT design for smart watches, which makes it characteristic and convenient. Support Communication anytime anywhere. Support GSM850/900/1800/1900 MHz. (Note:The SIM Card and TF Card are not included.)
- INFORMATION SYNCHRONIZATION: Support APP for Apple IOS and Android OS smart phone. With the APP connected, the SMS and notifications on the smart phones will be synced to the watch. You can use the watch read the message and the notifications(Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp SNS Info) on the watch derectly. Support Dial Hands-Free after bluetooth connection. Support Contacts Sync.
- MAIN FUNCTION: Support Heart rate monitor, Sleep Monitor, Sleep analysis, Pedometer, Sedentary alarm, Alarm clock, Stopwatch, Calculator, Photograph, Dial, Calling Remind, Clock, Anti-lost, SMS , Notification Bluetooth Sync, Time Sync, Music Player, Remote camera and so on, all in one.
- EXCEPTIONAL APPEARANCE: Appearance vogue, extreme thin, the unique side slot, convenient and practical. Nano material strap TPU72 degree, anti-perspiration frosted surface treatment, ergonomics is concave and convex design. Soft and nonhazardous watchband, the same materials to baby products, comfortable wearing.
- Download Android APP: https://amzn.to/31gvBCo Factory to Customer Sale offers BEST price/ USA Seller & Brand + Bluetooth Authorization + FCC Certification
- Choice 1: USE as Cell Phone(Sim Card Needed, See description for "Which Carrier OK") / Choice 2: USE as Smartwatch(NO Sim Card Needed, See description for Android & IPHONE SYNC, Some Function Blocked with no Sim Card and Memory Card)
- IPHONE Partial Available, CAN NOT SYNC ALL(See desciption for Detail)
- ANDROID Phone Can SYNC all(APP needed, See description for how to find APP)
- Warning: Charge by computer USB port ONLY, unauthorized charger MAY DAMAGE the battery. Don't Heat battery or leave the watch in hot condition. Stop using the battery on damaged or swelled condition and contact seller at once.