Euclid’s work ought to have been any educationist’s nightmare… it never offers any “motivations ” it has no illuminating “asides ” it does not attempt to make anything “intuitive ” and it avoids “applications” to a fault. It is so “humorless” in its mathematical purism that… …it should have been spurned by students and “progressive” teachers in every generation. But it nevertheless survived intact all the turmoils ravages and illiteracies of the dissolving Roman Empire of the early Dark Ages of the Crusades and of the plagues and famines of the later Middle Ages. ~ Salomon Bochner 1899 – 1982 - Mathematician
This most beautiful system of the sun planets and comets could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. And if the fixed stars are the centres of other like systems these being formed by the like wise counsel must be all subject to the dominion of One; especially since the light of the fixed stars is of the same nature with the light of the sun. ~ Isaac Newton 1642 to 1727
Narcis Monturiol i Estarriol (1819–1885) Spain – steam powered submarine.
John Hadley (1682–1744) UK – Octant.
Enrico Forlanini (1848–1930) Italy – Steam helicopter hydrofoil Forlanini airships.
Sushruta (600 BC) Vedic India – inventor of Plastic Surgery Cataract Surgery Rhinoplasty.
Robert Feulgen (1884–1955) Germany – Feulgen stain (histology).
Pavel Molchanov (1893–1941) Russia – radiosonde.
C. Kumar N. Patel (1938–) India/USA – Carbon dioxide laser.
Abi Bakr of Isfahan (c. 1235) Persia/Iran – mechanical geared astrolabe with lunisolar calendar.
Andrei Tupolev (1888–1972) Russia – turboprop powered long-range airliner (Tupolev Tu-114) turboprop strategic bomber (Tupolev Tu-95).
Ward Christensen (inv. 1978–) USA – Bulletin board system.
George Crum (1822–1914) USA – potato chips.
Jozef Karol Hell (1713–1789) Slovakia – the water pillar.
Aleksandr Stoletov (1839–1896) Russia – first solar cell based on the outer photoelectric effect.
Alexander Prokhorov (1916–2002) Russia – co-inventor of laser and maser.
Georgios Papanikolaou (1883–1962) Greece / USA – Papanicolaou stain Pap test = Pap smear.
B. F. Skinner (1904–1990) USA – Operant conditioning chamber.
George Pullman (1831–1897) USA – Pullman sleep wagon.
James Watt (1736–1819) Scotland – improved Steam engine.
Anders Knutsson Ångström (1888–1981) Sweden – Pyranometer.
Sharaf al-Dīn al-Tūsī (1135–1213) Persia/Iran – linear astrolabe.
This is an era of specialists each of whom sees his own problem and is unaware of or intolerant of the larger frame into which it fits. ~ Rachel Carson 1907 to 1964 - Marine Biologist
Valid criticism does you a favor. - Carl Sagan 1934 to 1996 Astronomer
A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. - Justus von Liebig 1803 to 1873 Chemist
Every aspect of the world today – even politics and international relations – is affected by chemistry. ~ Linus Pauling - 1901 to 1994
Physics is very muddled again at the moment; it is much too hard for me anyway and I wish I were a movie comedian or something like that and had never heard anything about physics! ~ Wolfgang Pauli 1900 – 1958
I believe that thirty million of these animalcules together would not take up as much room or be as big as a coarse grain of sand. ~ Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 1632 to 1723 - Biologist
There is no law except the law that there is no law. - John Archibald Wheeler 1911 to 2008 Theoretical Physicist
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- The Circel Of Life, Circel Pendant Message " ancient meaning...circle of life dream meaning...success beyond your wildest dreams 21st century meaning...what goes around comes around whatever it means to you... believe, trust, and enjoy!! " Card Necklace.
- Perfect Gift For Yourself or Your loved ones. Symbol of good health and good luck.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated
- FE Message "ponte tu collar y pide deseo. si crees en ti mismo y en tu potencial, todo puede ser posible! usa tu collar para que siempre recuerdes que hay que tener fe." Card Cross Pendant Necklace.
- Environment Friendly Gold Plated, Carefully Handmade By Skilled Workman.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated, Spring Ring Clasp.
- Chain Length: 45 cm + 10 cm.
- Key To Success Message "make a wish and put on your necklace. it's no secret¡the key to success is doing what you love! wear your necklace as a reminder that you can do anything you set your mind and your heart to!" Necklace for Women.
- Gold Plated Alloy, Spring-Ring Clasp.
- 16" Necklace to Be Worn Alone or Layered.
- Perfect Gift for Yourself or Your Loved Ones.
- Each Necklace Comes in An Original Package.