A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. ~ Justus von Liebig - 1803 to 1873
With monads and diads and pentads and triads My brain has been addled completely; And what’s really meant by ‘something-valent ’ Is a question I give up discretely. ~ John Cargill Brough - 1834 to 1872
Nikolay Dollezhal (1899–2000) Russia – AM-1 reactor for the 1st nuclear power plant other RBMK reactors VVER pressurized water reactors.
Boris Borisovich Galitzine (1862–1916) Russia – electromagnetic seismograph.
Ernő Rubik (born 1944) Hungary – Rubik's Cube Rubik's Magic and Rubik's Clock.
Nikola Tesla (1856–1943) Croatia/Serbia – induction motor high-voltage / high-frequency power experiments the transmission of electrical power.
Yves Klein (1928–1962) France – International Klein Blue.
Joseph Day (1855–1946) UK – the crankcase-compression two-stroke engine.
Archibald Low (1882–1956) Britain – Pioneer of radio guidance systems.
Paul Walden (1863–1957) Latvia/Russia/Germany – Walden inversion Ethylammonium nitrate (the first room temperature ionic liquid).
Ridgway Banks inventor of the Banks Engine a Nitinol based solid state heat engine.
Félix d'Herelle (1873–1949) together with Giorgi Eliava (1892–1937) France / Georgia – Phage therapy.
Jozef Murgas (1864–1929) Slovakia – inventor of the wireless telegraph (forerunner of the radio).
George H. Heilmeier (born 1936) USA – liquid crystal display (LCD).
John Heysham Gibbon (1903–1973) USA – Heart-lung machine.
Trevor Baylis (born 1937) UK – a wind-up radio.
Alfred William Gallagher (1911–1990) New Zealand – Electric fence for farmers.
Hedy Lamarr (1913–2000) Austria and USA – Spread spectrum radio.
Frans Wilhelm Lindqvist (1862–1931) Sweden – Kerosene stove operated by compressed air.
Humphry Davy (1778–1829) UK – Davy miners lamp.
Narcis Monturiol i Estarriol (1819–1885) Spain – steam powered submarine.
Aurel Persu (1890–1977) Romania – first aerodynamic car aluminum body with wheels included under the body 1922.
Mathematics is the language in which the gods speak to people. ~ Plato c. 427 BC – c. 347 BC - Mathematician and Philosopher
Progress is made by trial and failure; the failures are generally a hundred times more numerous than the successes ; yet they are usually left unchronicled. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
Although the alternate ‘wax and wane’ cycles are the rule rather than the exception in all fields of human endeavor in that of biological sciences the ‘wane’ is all too often indicative of a justified loss of faith in the rational and methodical approach that had at first raised so much hope. ~ Rita Levi-Montalcini 1909 to 2012 Neurobiologist
Every aspect of the world today – even politics and international relations – is affected by chemistry. ~ Linus Pauling - 1901 to 1994
In my experience most mathematicians are intellectually lazy and especially dislike reading experimental papers. ~ Francis Crick 1916 – 2004 - Molecular Biologist
Primates are visual animals above all and anatomical work in particular is as much pictorial as verbal. ~ Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 - Paleontologist
Chemistry unlike other sciences sprang originally from delusions and superstitions and was at its commencement exactly on a par with magic and astrology. ~ Thomas Thomson - 1773 to 1852
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more