In 1999 the U.S. government paid the Zapruder family US$16 million for the film of JFK's assassination.
Ancient Egyptians shaved off their eyebrows to mourn the death of their cats.
The number of Chinese killed by the Japanese during WW2 is greater than the number of Jews killed in the Holocaust.
Antarctica is the largest desert in the world.
Al-Qaeda initially considered targeting nuclear power plants on 9/11 but decided against it fearing things could "get out of control."
About 7% of all the potatoes grown in the U.S. are turned into McDonald's fries.
30 000 dogs a day are slaughtered in China for meat and fur.
Some Fish like the Triggerfish can swim backward.
A space suit costs US$12 million.
The practice of eating horseflesh is called hippophagy.
“Ithyphallophobia” is a morbid fear of seeing thinking about or having an erect penis.
Located within Italy San Marino is the world's oldest republic (301 A.D.) and holds the world's oldest continuous constitution.
The most disliked video on YouTube is Justin Bieber's "Baby " with over 4 400 000 dislikes.
The average lead pencil will draw a line 35 miles long or write approximately 50 000 English words.
A survey found that almost 9% of Americans fear zombies which don't even exist.
Both Adolf Hitler and Osama Bin Laden were announced dead on May 1.
Ferrets sleep around 20 hours a day.
A team of four people made angry birds in eight months.
Each year there is one ton of cement poured for each man woman and child in the world.
In 1781 Benjamin Franklin attended a concert in which he narrowly escaped death when the opera house caught fire and burned.
“Lassie” was played by a group of male dogs; the main one was named Pal.
The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments
There are more single people than married people in the U.S. nowadays.
The airplane Buddy Holly died in the “American Pie.” (Thus the name of the Don McLean song.)
The odds of being born male are about 51.2% according to census.
Anne Frank's father survived Auschwitz and died in 1980 of lung cancer.
Magellanic penguins always return to same mate after solo journeys totalling 200 000 miles.
The original torch of the Statue of Liberty replaced in 1984 by a new copper torch covered in 24k gold leaf.
Some women in Mauritania force-feed their daughters because obesity for women is idealized in the country.
You can buy hummus flavoured ice cream in Israel.
Four men in the history of boxing have been knocked out in the first eleven seconds of the first round.
80% of volcanic eruptions happen underwater.
Blueberry Jelly Bellies were created especially for Ronald Reagan.
The world's most expensive divorce was estimated at US$2.5 billion.
It's okay to pee in the ocean since 95% of urine is water and the nitrogen in urea is used to feed ocean plants.
Norway's first aircraft hijacking was resolved after the hijacker surrendered his weapon in exchange for more beer.
Nintendo had a chain of sex hotels in the 1950s.
John Adams Thomas Jefferson and James Monroe died on July 4th.
The West first learned of the giant panda in 1869 when a French missionary received a skin from a hunter.
During WW1 a lone Portuguese soldier convinced the Germans that they were fighting against an entire unit.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)