Nearly 2.5 billion years of prokaryotic cells and nothing else – two-thirds of life’s history in stasis at the lowest level of recorded complexity… Why did life remain at stage 1 for two-thirds of its history if complexity offers such benefits? ~ Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 - Paleontologist
Benjamin Franklin performed a beautiful experiment using surfactants; on a pond at Clapham Common he poured a small amount of oleic acid a natural surfactant which tends to form a dense film at the water-air interface. He measured the volume required to cover all the pond. Knowing the area he then knew the height of the film something like three nanometers in our current units. ~ Pierre-Gilles de Gennes 1932 to 2007
Norm Larsen (1923–1970) USA – a.o. WD-40.
R. G. LeTourneau (1888–1969) USA – electric wheel motor scraper mobile oil drilling platform bulldozer cable control unit for scrapers.
Cyril Duquet (1841–1922) Canada – Telephone handset.
Samuel Guthrie (physician) (1782–1848) USA – discovered chloroform.
Ernő Rubik (born 1944) Hungary – Rubik's Cube Rubik's Magic and Rubik's Clock.
David Schwarz (1852–1897) Croatia – rigid ship later called Zeppelin.
Otto Blathy (1860–1939) Hungary – co-inventor of the transformer wattmeter alternating current (AC) and turbogenerator.
Hugh Bradner (1915–2008) USA – Wetsuit.
Philip M. Parker (born 1960) USA – computer automated book authoring.
Robert Feulgen (1884–1955) Germany – Feulgen stain (histology).
Stepan Makarov (1849–1904) Russia – Icebreaker Yermak the first true icebreaker able to ride over and crush pack ice.
Johann Wolfgang Döbereiner (1780–1849) Germany – Döbereiner's lamp (chemistry).
Charles Chamberland (1851–1908) France – Chamberland filter.
Mikhail Gurevich (1893–1976) Russia – MiG-series fighter aircraft including world's most produced jet aircraft MiG-15 and most produced supersonic aircraft MiG-21 (together with Artem Mikoyan).
Gottlob Widmann (inv. c. 1954) Germany – Electrical drip coffee maker.
Muhammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī (Algoritmi) (c. 780-850) Persia/Iran – modern algebra mural instrument horary quadrant Sine quadrant shadow square.
James Watt (1736–1819) Scotland – improved Steam engine.
Jacob Rabinow (1910–1999) USA – a.o. Magnetic particle clutch various Phonograph-related patents.
Heinrich Göbel (1818–1893) Germany – incandescent lamp.
Slavoljub Eduard Penkala (1871–1922) Croatia – mechanical pencil.
I accept no principles of physics which are not also accepted in mathematics. ~ René Descartes 1596 to 1650
Although Nature needs thousands or millions of years to create a new species man needs only a few dozen years to destroy one. ~ Victor Scheffer 1906 to 2011 - Biologist
Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. - Joseph Mellor 1869 to 1938 Chemist
Perhaps it is not amiss to remark that the biologist may not hope to solve the ultimate problems of life any more than the chemist and physicist may hope to penetrate the final mysteries of existence in the non-living world. ~ Edmund Beecher Wilson 1856 to 1939 - Geneticist Biologist
In my experience most mathematicians are intellectually lazy and especially dislike reading experimental papers. ~ Francis Crick 1916 – 2004 - Molecular Biologist
A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. ~ Justus von Liebig - 1803 to 1873
With monads and diads and pentads and triads My brain has been addled completely; And what’s really meant by ‘something-valent ’ Is a question I give up discretely. ~ John Cargill Brough - 1834 to 1872
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.