Why the dinosaurs died out is not known but it is supposed to be because they had minute brains and devoted themselves to the growth of weapons of offense in the shape of numerous horns. ~ Bertrand Russell 1872 – 1970 - Mathematician and Philosopher
Chemistry begins in the stars. The stars are the source of the chemical elements which are the building blocks of matter and the core of our subject. ~ Peter Atkins - 1940 to present
Larry Sanger (born 1968) together with Jimmy Wales (1966–) USA – Wikipedia.
Gavriil Adrianovich Tikhov (1875–1960) Russia – feathering spectrograph.
George Antheil (1900–1959) together with Hedy Lamarr (1914–2000) USA Frequency-hopping spread spectrum.
Momofuku Ando (1910–2007) Japan – Instant noodles.
Tanaka Hisashige (1799–1881) Japan – Myriad year clock.
Gustav Guanella (1909–1982) Switzerland – DSSS Guanella-Balun.
Edwin Howard Armstrong (1890–1954) USA – FM radio.
Bi Sheng (Chinese: 畢昇) (c. 990–1051) China – clay movable type printing.
Charles Cantor (born 1942) USA – Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (molecular biology).
Gersh Budker (1918–1977) Russia – electron cooling co-inventor of collider.
Ching W. Tang (born 1947) Hong Kong/USA together with Steven Van Slyke USA – OLED.
Murasaki Shikibu (c. 973–1025) Japan – psychological novel.
Jack Kilby (1923–2005) USA – patented the first integrated circuit.
Arthur William Savage (1857–1938) – radial tires gun magazines Savage Model 99 lever action rifle.
John Wesley Hyatt (1837–1920) USA – celluloid manufacturing..
Tom Knight (? - ) USA - BioBricks (synthetic biology).
Ivan Kulibin (1735–1818) Russia – egg-shaped clock candle searchlight elevator using screw mechanisms a self-rolling carriage featuring a flywheel brake gear box and bearing an early optical telegraph.
Hiram Maxim (1840–1916) USA born UK – First self-powered machine gun.
Peter Petroff (1919–2004) Bulgaria – digital wrist watch heart monitor weather instruments.
Thomas Crapper (1836–1910) UK – ballcock (toilet valve).
It is strange that only extraordinary men make the discoveries which later appear so easy and simple. - Georg C. Lichtenberg 1742 to 1799 Physicist
In reality a theory in natural science cannot be without experimental foundations; physics in particular comes from experimental work. ~ Samuel C. C. Ting b. 1936
Archimedes’ finding that the crown was of gold was a discovery; but he invented the method of determining the density of solids. Indeed discoverers must generally be inventors; though inventors are not necessarily discoverers. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
A detective with his murder mystery a chemist seeking the structure of a new compound use little of the formal and logical modes of reasoning. Through a series of intuitions surmises fancies they stumble upon the right explanation and have a knack of seizing it when it once comes within reach. ~ Gilbert Lewis 1875 – 1946
Geometry is one and eternal shining in the mind of God. That men share in it is among the reasons that Man is the image of God. ~ Johannes Kepler 1571 – 1630 Mathematician and Astronomer
Mathematics is the language in which the gods speak to people. ~ Plato c. 427 BC – c. 347 BC - Mathematician and Philosopher
The uniform character of mathematics is the essence of science for mathematics is the foundation of all exact scientific knowledge. ~ David Hilbert 1862 – 1943 Mathematician
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more