During WW2 two polish doctors saved 8 000 Jews from the Holocaust by faking a typhus epidemic that stopped the Nazis entering their town.
Angel Falls in Venezuela is the world’s highest waterfall at 3 212 feet (979 m).
Your mind "rewrites" monotonous speech of boring people to make it sound more interesting.
More than 2 500 left-handed people are killed every year by using equipment meant for right-handed people.
Ships today are more likely to encounter an iceberg than the Titanic was.
Buckingham Palace in England has over six hundred rooms.
Hummingbirds beat their wings 60 to 80 times per second.
With 81 million people Germany has the largest population in the European Union.
The word "volcano" originally comes from the name of the Roman god of fire Vulcan.
Mount Everest is pronounced "Eve-rest" not "Ever-est" as it is named after George Everest.
The people of Israel consume more turkeys per capita than any other country.
The soil on Mars is particularly good for growing asparagus.
38%of Christianity is projected to live in sub-Saharan Africa in 2050.
During a car crash 40% of drivers never even hit the brakes.
The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog ” uses every letter in the alphabet.
WW2 Flight Sergeant Nicholas Alkemade survived a fall from 18 000 feet (5 500 m) without a parachute suffering only a sprained leg.
About 300 couples marry in Las Vegas every day.
In Iran a law from 2013 allows Men to marry their 13-year-old adopted daughters.
There are tuition-free Universities in Finland Austria Norway Germany and Sweden with careers in English for international students.
Ailurophobia is the fear of cats.
The town of Docker River in Australia was once invaded by 6 000 camels that came in search of water.
Hummingbirds are the only birds who can fly backwards.
Cleopatra was the first in the dynasty of Greek rulers of Egypt who could speak Egyptian.
The wood frog and other animals have the ability to freeze solid during winter thaw in the spring and remain perfectly healthy.
Sigmund Freud had a morbid fear of ferns.
August 2014 was the warmest August ever recorded globally.
Astronauts aboard the ISS change clothes near a filter that sucks up the skin particles that would otherwise float around.
Anne Frank's sister Margot also had a diary. It was never found.
Women are better multitaskers than men.
The average salary in Cuba in 2013 was 471 pesos or US$20 a month.
McDonalds' Caesar salad is more fattening than their hamburger.
Because of the salt content of the Dead Sea it is difficult to dive below its surface.
Everything you say to Siri is sent to Apple analyzed and stored.
10 000 shipping containers are lost at sea each year and 10% of those hold toxic chemicals which may leak into the ocean.
Around 50% of Justin Bieber's followers on Twitter are fake a report found.
Mobile Phone Throwing is an official sport in Finland.
The revolution that transformed Brazil into a republic was so uneventful that the few witnesses present didn't know it happened and the dethroned Emperor didn't even care.
Exercise like walking can reduce breast cancer risk by 25%.
Heroin was initially used to treat people addicted to morphine.
A biological reserve has been made for golden toads because they are so rare.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)