There are many ways of knocking electrons out of atoms. The simplest is to rub two surfaces together. ~ Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001
Although the alternate ‘wax and wane’ cycles are the rule rather than the exception in all fields of human endeavor in that of biological sciences the ‘wane’ is all too often indicative of a justified loss of faith in the rational and methodical approach that had at first raised so much hope. ~ Rita Levi-Montalcini 1909 to 2012 Neurobiologist
Robert Fulton (1765–1815) United States – first commercially successful steamboat first practical submarine.
Mark Serrurier (1904–1988) USA – Serrurier truss for Optical telescopes.
Aeneas Coffey (1780–1852) Ireland – heat exchanger Coffey still.
Josip Belušić (1847–?) Croatia – electric speedometer.
Claude Chappe (1763–1805) France – Semaphore line.
Mordecai Meirowitz (born c. 1925) Roumania / Israel – Mastermind (board game).
Frank Whittle (1907–1996) UK – co-inventor of the jet engine.
Luigi Palmieri (1807–1896) Italy – seismometer.
John Hays Hammond Jr. (1888–1965) USA – radio control.
Charles Mantoux (1877–1947) France – Mantoux test (tuberculosis).
Charles Xavier Thomas de Colmar (1785–1870) France – Arithmometer.
Grace Murray Hopper (1906–1992) USA – Compiler.
Nikolai Polikarpov (1892–1944) Russia – Po-series aircraft including Polikarpov Po-2 Kukuruznik (world's most produced biplane).
Nikolay Brusentsov (born 1925) Russia – ternary computer (Setun).
Hippolyte Mège-Mouriès (1817–1880) France – margarine.
Charles Leiper Grigg (1868–1940) USA – 7 Up.
Walter Houser Brattain (1902–1987) USA – co-inventor of the transistor.
Mardi bin Ali al-Tarsusi (c. 1187) Middle East – counterweight trebuchet mangonel.
Lewis Latimer (1848–1928) USA – Invented the modern day light bulb.
Giovanni Luppis or Ivan Vukić (1813–1875) Austrian Empire (ethnical Croatian from Rijeka) – self-propelled torpedo.
Science is vastly more stimulating to the imagination than the classics. - J. B. S. Haldane 1892 to 1964 Biologist
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. - Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC Scientist Philosopher
Our thoughts visions and fantasies have a physical reality. A thought is made of hundreds of electrochemical impulses. ~ Carl Sagan 1934 to 1996 Astrobiologist Planetary Scientist
Macroscopic objects as we see them all around us are governed by a variety of forces derived from a variety of approximations to a variety of physical theories. In contrast the only elements in the construction of black holes are our basic concepts of space and time. They are thus almost by definition the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe. ~ Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995
On the principle of successive variations not always supervening at an early age and being inherited at a corresponding not early period of life we can clearly see why the embryos of mammals birds reptiles and fishes should be so closely alike and should be so unlike the adult forms. ~ Charles Darwin 1809 to 1882 - Naturalist Evolutionary Biologist
But though the professed aim of all scientific work is to unravel the secrets of nature it has another effect not less valuable on the mind of the worker. It leaves him in possession of methods which nothing but scientific work could have led him to invent. ~ James Clerk Maxwell 1831 to 1879
The uniform character of mathematics is the essence of science for mathematics is the foundation of all exact scientific knowledge. ~ David Hilbert 1862 – 1943 Mathematician
- $5 Preloaded 30-Day wireless service at 2¢ per VOICE TEXT & 2¢/MB nationwide 2G 3G & 4G LTE Data. That's 250 minutes talk or 250 texts or 250 MB Data.
- Our prepaid sim cards are designed for users that need a minimal amount of airtime each month/year. Sim card is free and pre-cut in 3 sizes to fit any device, standard-sized SIM, Micro-sized SIM or/and a Nano-sized SIM card.
- Supports GPS tracking devices such as but not limited to vehicle trackers, kid/pets tracker, personal tracker, senior tracker.
- No Activation fee NO Contract NO Credit Check.
- Our service will work within the United States in partnership with T-Mobile Network. Roaming is not supported in our plans.
- Control any plug in device from anywhere and keep an eye on your device's energy usage using the Geeni app (iOS 8 or higher/Android 4.1 or higher)
- No hub required, Wi-Fi built-in
- Set your schedule and automatically tailor your plugged in devices to perfectly fit your life
- Save money, energy and the environment
- Voice control with Amazon Alexa & Google assistant
- Powerful function :pedometer, distance, calorimetric measurement, heart rate monitoring, blood pressure monitoring, blood oxygen monitoring, sleep monitoring, SMS and content alerts, alarm settings, incoming calls alert, caller ID display, application messages alert, find your phone, anti lost, reminder of exercise goal.
- Methods: scan the QR code on the manual or download "Wearfit" in APP store. Please make sure your phone Bluetooth function was turned on. Open "Wearfit", click the selection of link to bracelet, find the device name in the list and click it. Then enter the main interface. The "wearfit" app is compatible with Bluetooth 4 and above smart phones, iOS version 8 above, or Android version 4.4 above.
- To measure heart rate, blood pressure and oxygen, it need to wait for 1-2 minutes. The measurements are for reference only, as it's not a medical device after all.
- The bracelet is made of special silicone, comfortable for wearing, suitable for 5.5-8 inch various sizes of wrist. 80mA lithium battery, charging 1.5 hours about 5 days of standby time.
- Waterproof: waterproof grade IP67, can effectively prevent the rainwater, sweat, and prevent dust.