Experimental science hardly ever affords us more than approximations to the truth; and whenever many agents are concerned we are in great danger of being mistaken. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
All of physics is either impossible or trivial. It is impossible until you understand it and then it becomes trivial. ~ Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937
Otto Schmitt (1913–1998) USA – Schmitt trigger (electronics).
William Cullen (1710–1790) UK – first artificial refrigerator.
Emmett Chapman (1936–) US – Chapman Stick.
Igor Sikorsky (1889–1972) Russia/USA – first four-engine fixed-wing aircraft (Russky Vityaz) first airliner and purpose-designed bomber (Ilya Muromets) modern helicopter Sikorsky-series helicopters.
Vladimir Fyodorov (1874–1966) Russia – Fedorov Avtomat (first self-loading battle rifle arguably the first assault rifle).
James Henry Greathead (1844–1896) South Africa – tunnel boring machine tunnelling shield technique.
Anatoly Kharlampiev (1906–1979) Russia – Sambo (martial art).
Abi Bakr of Isfahan (c. 1235) Persia/Iran – mechanical geared astrolabe with lunisolar calendar.
Banū Mūsā brothers Muhammad (c. 800–873) Ahmad (803–873) Al-Hasan (810–873) Iraq – mechanical trick devices hurricane lamp self-trimming and self-feeding lamp gas mask clamshell grab fail-safe system mechanical musical instrument automatic flute player programmable machine.
Tom Knight (? - ) USA - BioBricks (synthetic biology).
Mulalo Doyoyo (born 1970) South Africa/USA - engineer and inventor (Cenocell - cementless concrete).
Akinfiy Demidov (1678–1745) Russia – co-developer of rebar cast iron dome lightning rod (all found in the Leaning Tower of Nevyansk).
Hans Wilhelm Geiger (1882–1945) Germany – Geiger counter.
Nikolay Popov (1931–2008) Russia – first fully gas turbine main battle tank (T-80).
Harry Coover (1917–2011) USA – Super Glue.
Rowland Hill (1795–1879) UK – postage stamp.
Yuri Nikolaevich Denisyuk (1927–2006) Russia – 3D holography.
Bruce Ames (born 1928) USA – Ames test (cell biology).
Simon Sze (born 1936) Taiwan/USA together with Dawon Kahng (1931–1992) South Korea – Floating-gate MOSFET.
Muhammad al-Fazari (d. 796/806) Persia – astrolabe.
Perhaps it is not amiss to remark that the biologist may not hope to solve the ultimate problems of life any more than the chemist and physicist may hope to penetrate the final mysteries of existence in the non-living world. ~ Edmund Beecher Wilson 1856 to 1939 - Geneticist Biologist
Physics is actually too hard for physicists. ~ David Hilbert 1862 to 1943 (Mathematician)
I believe that thirty million of these animalcules together would not take up as much room or be as big as a coarse grain of sand. ~ Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 1632 to 1723 - Biologist
If your experiment needs statistics you ought to have done a better experiment. - Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937 Physicist
It is a platitude that pure mathematics can have unexpected consequences and affect even daily life. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
Chemistry begins in the stars. The stars are the source of the chemical elements which are the building blocks of matter and the core of our subject. ~ Peter Atkins - 1940 to present
Every aspect of the world today – even politics and international relations – is affected by chemistry. ~ Linus Pauling - 1901 to 1994
- Provides total body muscle toning and cardio in one compact System
- Allows you to target a variety of muscle groups, including your upper, middle and lower ABS and obliques, thighs, gluts, calves, forearms, triceps and biceps
- COMP and portable
- Comes Fully Assembled, Adjustable dual resistance
- Exercise DVD & Fitness Guide Included
- Brand: Ollieroo®.
- Comes Fully Assembled,occupied area is small, easy to store and easy to carry.
- Dual resistance springs for ABS and core strengthening,Perfect for provides total body muscle toning and cardio in one compact system.
- Suitable for each stage of the fitness crowd, long service life-Adjustable resistance to accomodate both beginners and advanced users.
- Allows you to target a variety of muscle groups,including your upper,middle and lower ABS and obliques,thighs,gluts,calves,forearm,triceps,biceps,combines more than 14 great exercises.
- VERSATILE and CONVENIENT: Wonder Core Smart is so versatile it replaces 6 resistance gym equipment PLUS cardio to give you the total body workout from the comfort of your own home!
- EFFICIENT: Wonder Core offers dual resistance to work muscle groups on the way up, and down, to optimize results and get you the body you want and deserve!
- ADJUSTABLE resistance to accommodate beginners and advanced health and fitness enthusiasts!
- FREE Twister Board so you can incorporate new exercises to your daily workout routines!
- FREE Wonder Core Manual, DVD Guide, and Meal Plan. Note: The Wonder Core Smart comes fully assembled for easy usage.