The finding of the double helix thus brought us not only joy but great relief. It was unbelievably interesting and immediately allowed us to make a serious proposal for the mechanism of gene duplication. ~ James Watson 1928 – Present - Geneticist
Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” - Marie Curie 1867 to 1934 Chemist Physicist
Auguste and Louis Lumière (1862–1954 and 1864–1948 resp.) France – Cinématographe.
Sandford Fleming (1827–1915) Canada – Universal Standard Time.
Vincent Joseph Schaefer (1906–1993) USA – a.o. Cloud seeding by dry ice.
Igor Sikorsky (1889–1972) Russia/USA – first four-engine fixed-wing aircraft (Russky Vityaz) first airliner and purpose-designed bomber (Ilya Muromets) modern helicopter Sikorsky-series helicopters.
Stephen Perry UK (fl. 19th century) – rubber band.
Jacques E. Brandenberger (1872–1954) Switzerland – Cellophane.
Karl von Reichenbach (1788–1869) Germany – paraffin creosote oil phenol.
Harry Houdini (1874-1926) USA Flight Time Illusion.
Charles F. Brannock (1903–1992) USA – Brannock Device (shoe size).
Margaret E. Knight (1838–1914) USA – machine that completely constructs box-bottom brown paper bags.
Robert Swanson (1905–1994) Canada – Invented and developed the first multi-chime air horn for use with diesel locomotives.
Leonardo da Vinci (1452–1519) Italy – conceptualized a helicopter a tank concentrated solar power the double hull. Relatively few of his designs were constructed during his lifetime. Some that were used are an automated bobbin winder and a machine for testing the tensile strength of wire.
Glenn Curtiss (1878–1930) USA – aeronautical and aeroengine improvements.
Andrei Sychra (c.1773/76–1850) Lithuania/Russia Czech descent – Russian seven-string guitar.
Vladimir Shukhov (1853–1939) Russia – thermal cracking (Shukhov cracking process) thin-shell structure tensile structure hyperboloid structure gridshell modern oil pipeline cylindric oil depot.
Richard F. Lyon (1952–) USA – Optical mouse.
Bi Sheng (Chinese: 畢昇) (c. 990–1051) China – clay movable type printing.
Bjarne Stroustrup (born 1950) Denmark – C++ (programming language).
James Dewar (1842–1923) UK – Thermos flask.
Lev Artsimovich (1909–1973) Russia – tokamak.
Although Nature needs thousands or millions of years to create a new species man needs only a few dozen years to destroy one. ~ Victor Scheffer 1906 to 2011 - Biologist
A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. ~ Justus von Liebig - 1803 to 1873
If your experiment needs statistics you ought to have done a better experiment. - Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937 Physicist
A cylinder of air reaching to the top of the atmosphere is of equal weight with a cylinder of water about 33 feet high. ~ Isaac Newton 1642 to 1727
It is a platitude that pure mathematics can have unexpected consequences and affect even daily life. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
I have eaten 2/3 of 1/3 of my food ration. 7 remains. How much food did I start with? ~ Cuneiform Babylonian mathematics exercise 1900 – 1600 BC
We must reason in natural philosophy not from what we hope or even expect but from what we perceive. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more