In the 1st century AD polar bears fought seals in Roman amphitheaters flooded with water.
The surface of the Earth is about 60% water and 10% ice.
Arab women can initiate a divorce if their husbands don’t pour coffee for them.
The U.S. government poisoned alcohol during Prohibition in the 20s and 30s killing over 10 000 people.
France uses 12 different time zones the most of any country in the world.
The Statue of Liberty's face was said to be modeled after the sculptor's mother Charlotte.
There is a newly found cockroach species in the U.S. that can survive freezing temperatures.
The city of "New Amsterdam" was given to the Duke of York in 1664 as an 18th birthday present from his father. He renamed the city as "New York."
One drop of the Beaked Sea Snake venom can kill 3 adult men.
Alaska has a sand desert with dunes over 150 feet (45 m) high.
The human heart is not on the left-hand side of the body; it's in the middle.
Microwaving food does not diminish the nutrients. When done right it's actually one of the most nutritionally sound methods in food preparation.
6 million lives were saved by Bill Gates with vaccines and better healthcare.
Australian soldiers used the song “We’re Off to See the Wizard” as a marching song in WWII.
There are over 2700 types of snakes in the world and they live in deserts, forests, oceans, streams, lakes.
One in every 4 Americans has appeared on television at least once in their life.
Men are struck by lightning five times more often than women.
If you feed a seagull Alka-Seltzer its stomach will explode.
Researchers believe the first human case of HIV was in Kinshasa Congo around 1920.
The top 10% of American alcohol consumers ingest about 10 drinks per day.
Koalas never drink water. They get fluids from the eucalyptus leaves they eat.
Benjamin Franklin was the fifth in a series of the youngest son of the youngest son.
100 000 mobile phones are dropped down the toilet in Britain every year.
The State of New Jersey U.S.A. was originally called Lorraine and New Sweden.
The World's Most Popular Fruit is the TOMATO.
The surface gravities of Venus Saturn Uranus and Neptune are all quite similar (within 15%) to Earth's.
Alcohol is not digested; it gets absorbed directly into the bloodstream.
Gustave Eiffel had an apartment for himself at the top of the Eiffel Tower.
There's only one all-white humpback whale known in the world.
Air pollution causes lung cancer and is also linked to an increased risk for bladder cancer.
The world's largest gold bar weighs 250 kg (551 lb).
The rulers of the first Feudal state of Eastern Europe the Khazars converted en masse to Judaism in the 8th Century.
Laughing 100 times is equivalent to 15 minutes of exercise on a stationary bicycle.
The last animal in the dictionary is the zyzzyva a tropical weevil.
You can tell the sex of a horse by its teeth. Most males have 40 females have 36.
In Greek mythology it was believed that redheads turn into vampires when they die.
According to the Wall Street Journal the cockfighting market is huge: The Philippines has five million roosters used for exactly that.
Anne Frank wrote in her famous diary "When I write I can shake off all my cares. (...) But (...) will I ever be able to write something great?"
Within three days of death the enzymes that once digested your dinner begin to eat you.
West Side Story was originally called East Side Story.
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more